What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Three more to the ever increasing collection 

Alice Cooper 

Deep Purple 

and one for the housewives, Mamas And Papas 

62F3B965-1A31-4348-BF17-15D97ED12CD4.jpeg

Goes to Hell is a cracking album.

• Like 2

spacer.png

Absolutely storming double album of all the good stuff.

No idea of the age but a good guess is that I’d have bought it around the very early 80’s so it’s 40 years old and on a dodgy cheapo label… but plays like it’s new!

Right now I’m just listening to the drumming in Booker T & The M.G.’s Time Is Tight, damn, is that very very close to motorik?

• Like 4

I was really into the Cabs in the '80s. These days it's just Richard H Kirk on his own and he usually releases stuff under his own name but last year he returned with a new Cabs Album and followed it up with another. Bought them both at the weekend (paid too much in HMV but hey ho) and they are great. So influential on a lot of artists that followed in their path but these two albums are great, a real return to the great second phase of their career

For those that don't know, it's all analogue synths and samples, dark industrial electronics and interesting rhythmns

Cabaret Voltaire - Shadow of Fear (2020) and BN9DRONE (2021)

R-16243385-1605888679-7874.jpeg.jpgR-18419947-1619276320-5992.jpeg.jpg

18 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Right now I’m just listening to the drumming in Booker T & The M.G.’s Time Is Tight, damn, is that very very close to motorik?

Al Jackson Jr was known as the Human Timekeeper

• Like 1

Another 30p purchase, a 10 album box set by Readers Digest entitled A Festivasl of Light Classical Music. I'll buy shit like this all day for 30p (worth about a tenner and they do occasionally sell on Discogs)

I'm no classical music buff so this is perfect for me

R-4224470-1510234501-1460.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

On 10/07/2021 at 21:45, chrisp65 said:

avoided last year, when the price was about £25 each, a year on and there they were taped together in the sale tub of shame for £12.99 …

Opinion? I was actually looking at those the other week and they released 2 more on one of the RSDs this year.

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

Opinion? I was actually looking at those the other week and they released 2 more on one of the RSDs this year.

I was playing them again yesterday. If I’d bought both at full price, hmmm. But both at that price was excellent value, a steal. But I think you only really need the first album, vol 2 doesn’t bring anything new to the party.

Glad I got them, it’s that sound from the really big sound systems of 10 or 20 years ago, so in my mind, quite modern, quite London.

There’s a ‘new’ Lee Perry on Pressure Sounds that’s fresh out, and that’s properly up my street. PSLP108.  I’ll be getting that when nobody’s looking (I’ve got a few hefty orders in for later in the month so I’ve blown my budget on stuff I haven’t yet got in my grubby little hands). 

• Like 1

Thought I’d get myself up to date with some of the new tech around, so finally bought me one of them CD players I’ve been hearing about.

(The last one broke about a couple of years ago and I’ve never quite got around to replacing it)

I think the consequences of this purchase are just beginning to dawn on everyone else.

spacer.png

• Like 1

Â