What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

Look at the absolutely shite cover... inside a record that befits such a shite cover. This is definitely someone who has studied the greats This a 70's heavy dub album but its made in 2021 by one of the members of Prettiest Eyes from LA. Psyche Rockers makes Heavy Dub albums

R-19840966-1628808565-9422.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Look at the absolutely shite cover... inside a record that befits such a shite cover. This is definitely someone who has studied the greats This a 70's heavy dub album but its made in 2021 by one of the members of Prettiest Eyes from LA. Psyche Rockers makes Heavy Dub albums

R-19840966-1628808565-9422.jpeg.jpg

I’d happily part with £12 on a random punt for that! Was happy to see SotU still had £12 LP’s today.

I shall investigate later, just put mine on and its a double album…

• Like 1

Wizzz! (Psychorama Français 66-71)

The French answer to Nuggets? except this 60's compilation is more the psyche end of Ye-Ye and Chanson. I already have vol 3, I think vol 2 will be in the bag next time I go into town. Love this 60's French gear

R-17884345-1625760073-4889.jpeg.jpg

I bought a 4 CD box set today of On-U albums. I of which I already had on CD (used to have it on vinyl once too but hey ho) but the other three I don't have and they haven't been re-released for years. I think Cherry Red own the rights not On-U for these albums so its out of AMS control andway. I'm playing this one

Creation Rebel / New Age Steppers - Threat to Creation. It obviously features Creation Rebel (Crucial Tony, Lizard, Eskimo, Veral Rose et al) but also the more loose collection of players from New Age Steppers, Ari Up (no vocals, piano and stuff), Kieth Levene (also of the classic PIL lineup) and Bruce Smith (Slits Pop Group and indeed PIL)

Classic early AMS production. Classic early On-U posse collaboration

R-108687-1270283634.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

I ordered some tickets to see Svalbard in Nottingham later this year, so I've been listening to When I Die, Will I Get Better this evening. Gutted I couldn't get Bloodstock tickets this year!

@mjmooney I listened to the new Sturgill Simpson album, the ballad of dood and Juanita, a few times yesterday and enjoyed it immensely. It's much closer to Tom Russell's, the rose of roscrae than any of Simpsons other work. You may not feel it as you are more aware of Tom Russell's work than I am, but definitely recommend giving it a blast. 

26 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

To be honest, not playing right now. Unless you’re reading this after 4:00pm, in which case, listening right now.

Hi Rob its against VT Guidelines to have an alt account :mrgreen:

• Like 1

I bought this a couple of years ago, in a sale for £13. Pere Ubu are one of those bands that I thought I probably only need an anthology album and listening to this now, I may be on the lookout for more

Pere Ubu - Terminal Tower - An Anthology Collection.

R-11907252-1524591259-6453.jpeg.jpg

Can’t get on board much with Trivium when Heafy is screaming, much prefer his clean vocals. Didn’t like this when it came out, took it years ago with a bunch of others to a charity shop. Got it again a few weeks ago and can’t stop listening to it, funny how tastes change over 15 years. 

image.jpeg.04aefc34486f24f4707cf07a4846e6a3.jpeg

Â