What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

Just now, rjw63 said:

If you haven't heard anything by this guy except "Werewolves of London" you really are missing out.

spacer.png

That makes me want to watch Californication again.

• Like 1

Another rare reasonably priced record from HMV - £14.99. Something with a bit more energy to get my arse in gear to get out to the pub

Can - Flow Motion

After the classic Damo Suzuki period but this album contains their only hit outside Germany - the disco influenced opener I Want More. There's also reggae in here

R-5912410-1486929345-3811.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

spacer.png

Not just any copy of "Holland"...but the rare one that was pressed in Germany with the masters that Warner/Reprise rejected.

This one says "Sail On Sailor" is track one side one, when it's not on the album at all. We Got Love is on here instead.

Very hard to find (and not cheap!)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rjw63 said:

On the telly last night so thought I'd dust this one off

spacer.png

What was on the Telly, and what channel? I'd have watched if I knew something about them was on. 

15 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

What was on the Telly, and what channel? I'd have watched if I knew something about them was on. 

Sky Arts channell 11 on freeview. There was something about The Kinks after that but I'd seen it before.

• Like 1

On 28/08/2021 at 11:20, rjw63 said:

If you haven't heard anything by this guy except "Werewolves of London" you really are missing out.

spacer.png

Is that a vivarium in the background 

5 hours ago, blandy said:

I don’t think I’ve ever listened to this all the way through before. Neglected in the CD shelves. It’s good

A14534FF-AE05-4526-8F7F-4EAA7E2EE5D9.jpeg

I know the covers and a peel session, it was enough to put me off. Not as bad as Bearsuit but up there. 

8 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I know the covers and a peel session, it was enough to put me off. Not as bad as Bearsuit but up there. 

Yeah, her covers album was…unloved, not heard her Peel session. I think I bought “you are free” for a few of the tracks which went on the iPod, but I was having a CD day today and came across it while looking for Lee Scratch Perry CDs and got diverted…

I think I may embark on a new “where stuff goes on the shelves” arrangement and do it by genre instead of ‘betically. Dunno.

Â