What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

1 hour ago, bickster said:

All the time. If I’m in the house and awake, I pretty much always have music on. For one thing, it really helps with the tinnitus 

I’ve not always got the time but sometimes when I have got the time, I’m not in the mood. Can’t just put an LP on just for the sake of it. CDs are different, but with LPs even the room temperature has to be right for me to partake in some good old fashioned head banging.  Do you hog the jukebox?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Genuine question, have Judas Priest fans always just accepted or embraced the homo erotic schtick, or were they sort of blissfully unaware?

I ask that, as someone who’s dad, a Queen fan, was genuinely surprised when Freddie Mercury turned out to be gay.

16 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

* Throws the album in the bin 

I think most metal fans don’t give a shit. They are pretty popular in that genre. 

You should give Halfords book a read. He describes such fear of being outed but he puts in A LOT of gay references in Judas Priest songs.

I think probably in the 70s/80s there was a lot more stigma like in the rest of society but it is genuinely more open today. Whilst they are in the minority, there are a number of gay/transgender/non-binary artists in the metal world (Cynic, Life of Agony, Halestorm, Ghaal, Against Me!, Faith No More [keyboardist is gay], Vile Creature). Priest are definitely the evidence of that, the most popular they have been since their 80s peak easily and still going strong. Whilst support Ozzy in the UK, about to do a US tour with good sized venues. 

Generally most metalheads are very accepting and so long as they rock, they don't care. 

• Like 2

spacer.png

Bought from Kaleidescope, St Helens.

Only about half the shop open at the moment, the first floor blocked off and the rear third of the ground floor blocked off. Once of those weird new breed of record shops that sells second hand, and also does Record Store Day expensive shiny new stuff.

I bought the only dub record he had, which at £14 , well, I presumed it was a used record, it was certainly in a tub of used records. But I’ve got it home and used the download card! It certainly played like new, and I bought a cheapo reserve cartridge just to have a spare and that works perfectly well too.

AND, he hadn’t tried the separate and catalogue by genre bullshit. Just a straight alphabetical system. 

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

spacer.png

Bought from Kaleidescope, St Helens.

Only about half the shop open at the moment, the first floor blocked off and the rear third of the ground floor blocked off. Once of those weird new breed of record shops that sells second hand, and also does Record Store Day expensive shiny new stuff.

I bought the only dub record he had, which at £14 , well, I presumed it was a used record, it was certainly in a tub of used records. But I’ve got it home and used the download card! It certainly played like new, and I bought a cheapo reserve cartridge just to have a spare and that works perfectly well too.

AND, he hadn’t tried the separate and catalogue by genre bullshit. Just a straight alphabetical system. 

You have both a bargain and an excellent record. (Median Discogs price £21 plus), highest £27. Only one for sale in UK at £35

RSD Release 2018, its the last On-U RSD release and the last I had to ask for it to one put to one side for me.

I had it on only on Sunday I think

It really is a very early AMS production, he was just finding his feet really, Hit Run was his first attempt at a record label. Also note it was engineered by Dennis Bovell

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bickster said:

You have both a bargain and an excellent record. (Median Discogs price £21 plus), highest £27. Only one for sale in UK at £35

RSD Release 2018, its the last On-U RSD release and the last I had to ask for it to one put to one side for me.

I had it on only on Sunday I think

It really is a very early AMS production, he was just finding his feet really, Hit Run was his first attempt at a record label. Also note it was engineered by Dennis Bovell

Yeah, that’s really decent, that’ll get a good few players over the next few days.

spacer.png

It’s the absolute pinnacle of what my bestie here loathes. She’s convinced I only buy this stuff to piss her off!

I’ve read the notes now, hadn’t known the connection with Emperor Rosko, that’s a blast from the past, I have vague memories of my dad liking him so I had him labelled as the ‘rock’ sort of end of radio 1.

Added bonus, it fits nicely with my love of awful sleeve art. Two terrible typeface that don’t compliment each other, with the title at the bottom of the sleeve, in a sort of pink, on a mottled sandy golden background, rendering it almost unreadable. 

If only every shop rummage was that successful.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Yeah, that’s really decent, that’ll get a good few players over the next few days.

spacer.png

It’s the absolute pinnacle of what my bestie here loathes. She’s convinced I only buy this stuff to piss her off!

I’ve read the notes now, hadn’t known the connection with Emperor Rosko, that’s a blast from the past, I have vague memories of my dad liking him so I had him labelled as the ‘rock’ sort of end of radio 1.

Added bonus, it fits nicely with my love of awful sleeve art. Two terrible typeface that don’t compliment each other, with the title at the bottom of the sleeve, in a sort of pink, on a mottled sandy golden background, rendering it almost unreadable. 

If only every shop rummage was that successful.

250px-Phil_Madoc_Dads_Army.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

spacer.png

Chicago - Live At Carnegie Hall 1971. Four LP box set with various booklets and posters (and an erroneous 1976 tour booklet that someone stuck in there at some point)

Â