What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

5 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

I ,like them too, but it's funny they seem to be getting a lot of hate in the metal community online. The same as Greta Van Fleet, who I also like.

Greta Van Fleet's problem is that they sound too much like a clone of that other band... what were they called? Oh yeah, Kingdom Come.   :)

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Greta Van Fleet's problem is that they sound too much like a clone of that other band... what were they called? Oh yeah, Kingdom Come.   :)

Some geezer once gave me an album by Kingdom Come. He knew I liked that other band, and said try these.

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

music is music, don't apologise for your taste

even Rob and Ruge post stuff in here and their taste is **** awful

Always knocking my music taste you are 🙂

Been listening to The Clash and The Doors a lot lately. 

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Always knocking my music taste you are 🙂

Been listening to The Clash and The Doors a lot lately. 

You'll never get into that welsh bloke's good books unless you're listening to some kind of bumberclart tunes

it's like pulling hair in the playground, it's a love thang!

I should be more in to the Clash than I am, can't help feeling their good stuff is great, but there's a lot too much filler.

Doors though, love a bit of Doors.

Like brothers from different mothers!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Yeah, I'm not too bothered though. I also love Rhino Bucket...when I first heard them, I thought some undiscovered Bon Scott era AC/DC had been discovered.

Forgotten I owned this one. The 4AD supergroup, a sort of Goth precursor to the currently hip modern classical stuff. It's like I'm hearing it for the first time because it doesn't sound very familiar at all (which is probably why it's in such good condition) and I probably appreciate it far more now than I ever did in 1986

R-74421-1328291138.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

The Cure - Faith. Robert Smith's sort of proto-post-rock album and no one seems to have made the connection even 38 years later. In great condition apart from some ringwear on the sleeve

R-2264744-1273199644.jpeg.jpg

Question for @chrisp65My copy was bought in Buffalo Record in the Hayes in Cardiff any recollection of this shop? (I have none, Spillers yes, Buffalo - no)

• Like 1

Well turns out my brother was all over it, had two floors but you had to go upstairs to actually buy anything.

I'm guessing, in that he knows it and I don't, then the music in there or the vibe in there would have been more 'rock' orientated, whereas I reckon I'd have been over the road in the slightly more bohemian Spillers.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bickster said:

Just seen some photos of it on faceything and I'm none the wiser

we're just asking Spangly Simon if he remembers it - but more importantly this has now spun out to remembering the name of another shop that weirdly we all bought stuff in and nobody can remember the name of...

I remember being in one shop flicking through the racks and somebody sidled up to me and asked if I wanted to buy some grass. I declined, and as he was walking away I was thinking 'da **** do I want with grass? Do I look like I've got a garden?'. Happy innocent yoof.

Edited by chrisp65
  • Haha 1

1975: tapes in one shop, records in the other!

33253483038_8543269984_n.jpg

(after much discussion last night, it was decided the other shop was simply called 'Records & Tapes' but should more accurately have been called 'Mostly Pin Badges & Other Shite')

Edited by chrisp65
  • Like 1

Â