What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

The first record that definitely needs replacing in the great vinyl cleaning project, side 2, first two tracks are fubared. I'll see if I can still bag a re-issue from a couple of years ago. I've found others in a similar state but I don't care about them, this one is essential listening

R-173282-1187449448.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

The Misunderstood - Before the Dream Faded. A band that used to be managed by John Peel. This album was released in 1982 by Cherry Red it's a compilation of two of the late '60s line ups material.

Now it's been cleaned the vinyl is near perfect, no noise at all. This fetches anywhere between £15 and £30. The sleeve is peeling slightly (seems to be common) but otherwise in good condition.

R-751757-1281259701.jpeg.jpg

16 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Can't remember whether my copy went in the Great Cull, or whether I've still got it. 

Mike, you lost it a long time ago :mrgreen:

It's a great album though, certainly wouldn't go in any cull I have.

• Like 1

Another worth only a few quid but as it only cost 99p it's no shock there are lots of copies out there. Mine's in pretty good shape and it does represent a little corner of the early '80s post-punk indie scene

R-180880-1274480338.jpeg.jpg

My only criticism of this LP then and even now is that it contains for tracks by essentially two people, Now husband and wife, Tracey Thorn and Ben Watt, a solo song each a Marine Girls (Thorn) song and an Everything But the Girl (Both) song  but I always liked this Ben Watt effort

• Like 1

Moving on and back it time a couple of years. Grin and Bear It - The Ruts. A compilation of singles, B sides, live tracks and Peel Sessions released in the wake of singer Malcolm Owen's suicide. A cynical release by Virgin to cash in on their investment but it does serve as a nice snapshot of what the band were about. My copy is probably worth about £15 - £20 in its current state

R-1147257-1458225084-6317.jpeg.jpg

9 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Probably frowned upon here, but got a greatest hits of Dire Straits on. 

music is music, don't apologise for your taste

even Rob and Ruge post stuff in here and their taste is **** awful

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Oh I didn't mean Knopfler, ment the greatest hits bit. Dire Straits is great! 

I think Knopfler is massively hit-and-miss. He's a talented guitarist and vocalist, and is capable of writing good material - but all his albums (DS or solo) have some very average 'padding'. So, in theory, a career 'best of' should be a good idea. Unfortunately, none of the ones that have been released have the best 'all killer no filler' selections. In my opinion, anyway. I guess this is where streaming playlists come into their own. 

29 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Oh I didn't mean Knopfler, ment the greatest hits bit. Dire Straits is great! 

Depends on the band, some bands only need a Greatest Hits or in the case of bands like James and Big Country you could just play the single :crylaugh:

1 hour ago, villarocker said:

The album I can't stop listening to is Prequelle by Ghost. What a great album it is! Ghost are a brilliant band! 

I ,like them too, but it's funny they seem to be getting a lot of hate in the metal community online. The same as Greta Van Fleet, who I also like.

• Like 1

Â