What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

On 29/01/2019 at 21:28, mjmooney said:

I like. 

Not hard to get now. It was quite an exciting find in the import section of the big Tower Records on Piccadilly Circus 20 odd years ago :)

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, bickster said:

Odd band, sometimes I think yeah this could be good, then I think nah it's shit

Heard a couple of the new tracks and between them they still did that to me. I just think they're missing something but I can't figure out what anyway... currently listening to a stone cold classic

R-1157303-1264444904.jpeg.jpg

You can blame The Doors and Arthur Lee being a mentalist for Love not being HUGE but this album is sublime in every respect. I don't listen to it that often anymore but it still hits the spot when I do

Agreed, that is one sublime album 

2 hours ago, bickster said:

Odd band, sometimes I think yeah this could be good, then I think nah it's shit

Heard a couple of the new tracks and between them they still did that to me. I just think they're missing something but I can't figure out what anyway... currently listening to a stone cold classic

R-1157303-1264444904.jpeg.jpg

You can blame The Doors and Arthur Lee being a mentalist for Love not being HUGE but this album is sublime in every respect. I don't listen to it that often anymore but it still hits the spot when I do

It's masterpiece. Although I've lost count of the number of times I've played "Alone Again Or", and someone's said: "Is this The Moody Blues"?  :)

(I ask you: could The Moody Blues write a lyric like "Oh, the snot has caked against my pants"?) 

• Like 1

Been shopping. This is the as soon as I get home this is going on record (as it was the one that dictated I went shopping in the first place)

A 2 record set (as in it comes in two separate sleeves), the remaster and reissue of Mark Stewart and the Maffia's debut album Learning to Cope with Cowardice is one record and The Lost Tapes is the second record (but the reason most of us On-U heads have bought it) as there are an album full of alternate mixes, never heard before and rescued from various sources by the On-U archivist Pats Dokkor

5400863002756_T47313596730054.jpg

This was my OMG record today. They've released an expanded version of the Jah Division EP. Whilst I agree that the whole concept of someone doing Dub versions of Joy Division tracks sounds jokey (it did indeed start as a joke) and dreadful (pun not intended) it's actually very good. This one was an instant purchase decision

R-12824240-1542653649-8000.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

Â