What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

This any better? 

eea7a9321ba13327f8551beab2e1d4be.jpg

I don't know it myself but as this year is the year of my Jazz awakening, it must be. As it happens Charlie Parker is probably my next listening project in those directions, so some recommendations would be good 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bickster said:

I don't know it myself but as this year is the year of my Jazz awakening, it must be. As it happens Charlie Parker is probably my next listening project in those directions, so some recommendations would be good 

Well that 10 CD box set above is easily the best bangs-per-buck if you can find a copy. No recording details included, but you can find them online with a bit of searching. 

• Like 1

Old School indie from the wrong side of the Midlands

R-746217-1369681707-2128.jpeg.jpgR-746217-1381679109-2569.jpeg.jpg

A couple of years after they were active, I kind of knew Adrian Crossan from the band (he moved to Liverpool from Leicester), I think I even put his next band The Australians on a couple of times. He was a bit of a dick tbh, thought he was something special but I never let that spoil my enjoyment of Yeah Yeah Noh

Eight years old now. I paid £16 for this album by the then relatively unheard of The Liminanas, an obscure husband and wife French Psyche duo from Carcassonne. Currently selling for around £50-55 for this first press green mottled coloured vinyl version

Regardless of that, I wouldn't sell it anyway but I've come to realise that I do need to get insurance and protect my record collection as I've lots of really valuable stuff. I randomly pulled out two singles from the 7" box (Heydey by The Sound and Rascals by Microdisney) both still in excellent condition and both sell for around £20

R-2507698-1475444221-1139.jpeg.jpg

Original UK pressing of REM - Reckoning in superb condition for its age. Advance Promo Copy, gold embossed on the sleeve with  Property of A and M, Not for Sale, Demonstration Only, as was the fashion at the time. Without the advance promo thing its worth about £20

R-10658591-1501855295-1769.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

On 23/12/2018 at 18:53, bickster said:

Original UK pressing of REM - Reckoning in superb condition for its age. Advance Promo Copy, gold embossed on the sleeve with  Property of A and M, Not for Sale, Demonstration Only, as was the fashion at the time. Without the advance promo thing its worth about £20

R-10658591-1501855295-1769.jpeg.jpg

Oddly enough, the one I couldn't find was 'Reckoning'. It's around somewhere, though. 

IMG_20181227_144221.jpg

• Like 2

Bought this second hand the other week, I bought it reasonably cheaply with only one thing in mind, testing my new record cleaning machine. Well the Project VCS Mk2 finally arrived an hour ago

Before it was cleaned, it played ok but you could tell there was static and dirt on the record, little pops and crackles here and there and the sound wasn't quite as crisp as it should be

R-228831-1320512353.jpeg.jpg

Well the machine arrived an hour ago and the test record came off the shelves, I played a bit of it before cleaning just to give myself a reference and the improvement is remarkable. The still a small number of pops between a couple of tracks but I'm putting these down to the many micro scratches on the record and they are nowhere near as bad as the sound was beforehand

Here's a video of the cleaning process

• Like 2

Â