What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

It's very, very emotive and has an eerie fragility to it that I suppose was to be expected.

Basically, it sounds like a bloke who has had the shit kicked out of him mentally and then written an album.

It's brilliant.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, blandy said:

Mine should be waiting when I get home later.

I'm currently listening to it at work. I was expecting emotion, but my gosh. I'm sat at my desk both amazed and wanting to cry at the same time.

2 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Basically, it sounds like a bloke who has had the shit kicked out of him mentally and then written an album.

I think that's a top way of describing it. It's bleak, black, haunting. And brilliant - if it's suitable to use that word. The lyrics. God. "Soon the children will be rising" on Distant Sky. 

I've been listening to Foreverland for the past week. I think the tweeness of that has made this seem even more bleak. How on earth he pulled this out I don't know. It's not one for listening to whilst driving.

Edited by Pilchard
  • Like 1

On ‎09‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 11:07, Designer1 said:

Packshot1-768x768.jpeg

I've listened to it 5 or 6 times today, amazing album, so gut wrentchingly sad

He sounds like he's going to break down when singing I need you, Nick Cave is one of my all time faves, such a good album under the circumstances, he released a film that was made when recording it because he didn't want to speak to the press about it on its release.

17 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

There's a whole series of those Pressure Sounds releases where clearly somebody that cared was involved in the artwork.

22914056451_26fc76072d.jpg

But yes, the Bunny Lee is the best of the bunch.

Oh wow. Those are fantastic covers - I would have been proud of that lot :thumb:

On 08/06/2011 at 15:49, Xann said:

You qualify for this thread if you've listened to more than half the album in question, you own an genuine physical specimen (or legitimate download) and aren't in your car.

If you can be arsed? - A pic and a snippet you deem proper.

To kick off...

333mq.jpg

Listening to Ellipsis by Biffy Clyro

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

Libertines? What shite, not your usual class mate :)

Well ya know how it is mate, you've got to have some shite in your life to appreciate the finer things in life. On a serious note it rarely gets played but in all honestly when it takes my mood it's an half decent album for what it is. its a bit like the clash, but then again I'm not really into them either. Their second album was utter shite and anything else Pete docherty did was garbage.

46 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Well ya know how it is mate, you've got to have some shite in your life to appreciate the finer things in life. On a serious note it rarely gets played but in all honestly when it takes my mood it's an half decent album for what it is. its a bit like the clash, but then again I'm not really into them either. Their second album was utter shite and anything else Pete docherty did was garbage.

My younger daughter bought the first Libertines. I thought it was OK, but I pointed out that it was just a mix of The Clash and The Kinks. She agreed - and these days she plays The Clash and The Kinks far more than The Libertines. 

Edited by mjmooney

Â