What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

Oneohritx Point Never and some James Ferraro, is really the only 'vaporwave' music that I listen to for enjoyment. Most of the other stuff I hear, whilst sometimes alright for a few listens, is pretty disposable sounding, and there's better sounding stuff from the era that it's influenced by. I'm sure at one point it was called 'Hypnagogic music'.

3 minutes ago, useless said:

Oneohritx Point Never and some James Ferraro, is really the only 'vaporwave' music that I listen to for enjoyment. Most of the other stuff I hear, whilst sometimes alright for a few listens, is pretty disposable sounding, and there's better sounding stuff from the era that it's influenced by. I'm sure at one point it was called 'Hypnagogic music'.

I'm not going to pretend I have a clue what your talking about :) 

• Like 2

Since I met the other half over 5 years ago, I have purchased hundreds of LPs, and she has sat through them all.

Until today. She made me turn this one off with the comment "it's shite" :)

8s3auDl.jpg

32 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Since I met the other half over 5 years ago, I have purchased hundreds of LPs, and she has sat through them all.

8s3auDl.jpg

Is she right? Sounds to me like she might be getting fed up of you;) we will Wait for you in the relationship thread.

• Like 1

On 26 August 2016 at 12:04, Phumfeinz said:

De La Soul's new album, out today :D

And_The_Anonymous_Nobody_album_cover.jpg

Delighted to return home from holidays to this. Sounds great on vinyl but will be giving it a proper listen on the commute tomorrow morning.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rjw63 said:

8s3auDl.jpg

I'm a bit meh with Beefheart. Can't stand his supposed masterwork Trout Mask Replica. But I have that twofer (above) on vinyl, and I quite like it. 

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I'm a bit meh with Beefheart. Can't stand his supposed masterwork Trout Mask Replica. But I have that twofer (above) on vinyl, and I quite like it. 

yeah...it's the first time I've delved into Mr van Vliet, can't say I'm overly impressed but it was quite the bargain for £7, in nice condition too.

17 hours ago, mjmooney said:

220px-Homethealchemist.jpg

Nearly bought this when Esoteric rereleased it.

Was pretty swamped with stuff to get at the time, it was a little too straight to make the cut.

1 hour ago, Xann said:

Nearly bought this when Esoteric rereleased it.

Was pretty swamped with stuff to get at the time, it was a little too straight to make the cut.

Don't bother, it's fairly dull - poor man's Wishbone Ash. (All together now...) I Prefer Their Early Stuff. 

17 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

It's like they made a record specifically for you!

Not sure you can see it in the picture, but the wording has been cut out and stuck on the sleeve. There was a choice of colour combo's. I went for white stick on lettering on a white cover.

I file my albums by colour and a lot of the Pressure Sounds label stuff is predominantly white, so this will be in good company. 

CrWuTOgWcAErzsb.jpg

Edited by chrisp65
  • Like 1

Â