What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

31 minutes ago, blandy said:

@chrisp65 that nisennenmondai track is quality. I've never heard of them. Will investigate. Any further hints?

Nope.

Never heard of them until yesterday lunchtime. I was looking for something a bit different rather than get stuck in a rut, when I realised the reason I couldn't concentrate on the sleeve notes of some Tangerine Dream album was because of what was being played in the shop. I asked about it and the beardy guy in Spillers Records that never speaks went in to rapture about them. He'd been to see them live in Utrecht or some such place.

Anyway, he'd ordered in one copy, so me buying it meant he had to stop playing it. But from the smug looks he was giving out to the other staff I don't think he minded.

I do sometimes suspect that they have a staff competition in there to see who can sell me the most random shit.

I shall be using the @useless tips above for a bit of background research. They've got that Neu! motorik thing going on and I really really like the cymbal use on a couple of tracks. Listen to me getting all weird! My nipper is practising for grade 5 drums right now so drums and cyms are currently a big thing in crispy towers.

• Like 1

28808309902_0c60c4e3b6.jpg

Three albums, all bought in '82 and still sounding fine. Although the glue has gone on the third degree so that's more of a flap than a sleeve. 

Sticker on the Small Faces tells me it was £3.49 and back in '82 I'd have been working for 50p an hour, so that's a day's pay right there.

dinosaurjr-new-640x640.jpeg

The new Dinosaur Jr album is excellent! Loving it! 9/10

Also reminded me to go back to some of their older stuff, The Wagon and Freak Scene are absolute belters!

This year has been so good for music. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

I have a few of their singles, dinosaur Jr that is, I have the most abruptly ended single ever, just like heaven and if memory serves, I think it doesnt have a bside.

wikipedia says it does have a bside, so now I need to think which record I have that has a blank bside.

Edited by Seat68
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, PieFacE said:

dinosaurjr-new-640x640.jpeg

The new Dinosaur Jr album is excellent! Loving it! 9/10

Also reminded me to go back to some of their older stuff, The Wagon and Freak Scene are absolute belters!

This year has been so good for music. 

Going to buy that at some point this week. 

40 minutes ago, Delphouneso said:

Frank-Ocean-Blond-compressed.jpg

Running through this for the first time now. 

Not as immediately catchy as some of Channel Orange, but I think this is going to be a grower 

'Solo' and 'Self Control' are pretty epic on first listen, 

2 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

Running through this for the first time now. 

Not as immediately catchy as some of Channel Orange, but I think this is going to be a grower 

'Solo' and 'Self Control' are pretty epic on first listen, 

Second listen for me and I'm really enjoying it, Solo, White Ferrari, and Seigfried are probably the standouts for me so far. Nikes and Pink + White are both pretty catchy single material as well.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it's at least as good as Channel Orange.

11 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

@mjmooney I think that's probably my next purchase, overall it's supposed to be a bit patchy, I've only listened to one or two tracks (roundabout & funny thing she said) but really liked it.

It's good. Dunno whether it's better than Primrose Green, needs time. I got the deluxe edition with a 41 minute jamming version of 'Sullen Mind' - very Grateful Dead (thus right up my street). 

Â