What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

I've been pretty amazed at how well some of my archive vinyl is playing. This is 38 years old. I was convinced this would be useless. It's been lugged about through many house moves and ten years of DJing to the club from the club sometimes 5 times a week and it's playing almost perfectly. All 4 sides, I think I've heard one minor pop. I would have been happy if just side 3 (Curtain Call - 17 odd minutes of it) had survived but it's all fine and dandy

R-4659976-1522403469-6938.jpeg.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

Anyone heard the new Sharon Van Etten album?

like her early stuff and thought the recent single comeback kid was pretty good. 

Yeah was going to post about that. Really good record imo, much better than the last 2. 

Very different style, it's quite electro and poppy but it really works. There's some fantastic tracks on there. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, PieFacE said:

Yeah was going to post about that. Really good record imo, much better than the last 2. 

Very different style, it's quite electro and poppy but it really works. There's some fantastic tracks on there. 

Will have to pick that up then - cheers @PieFacE

2 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Will have to pick that up then - cheers @PieFacE

I found it a much better experience listening to it with really good headphones. There's a couple of tracks with some really weird interesting sounds which I struggled to pay attention to from speakers, however with good headphones they were really noticeable. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Bring-Me-The-Horizon-Amo-Album-Review.jp

Pretty disappointed with Bring me the Horizon though. The album has a few decent songs, but it seems like they sold out to get on the radio. 

Listening to it too. The majority of it is inoffensive radio rock which isn't bad, but it isn't good either. I think my favourite track upon my first listen is 'nihilist blues' which drops the whole rock aspect completely. If their future was more tracks like 'nihilist blues' I wouldn't be too disappointed, I just want them to stop pandering to the not quite pop, not quite rock sound that comprises the majority of 'amo'. The band need to pick a direction and go for it, as being indecisive is what damages bands long term.

Â