What Album Are You Listening To Right Now?

Dr_Alimantado

That era of the stones out put is amongst my favourite, Some Girls, Black and Blue, love it, I like most Stones albums but that mid 70's to early 80's is a period I get more out of.

I really love this often over looked late period track from Forty Licks.

Monaco - Music for Pleasure.

What do you want from me? - It is such a brilliant brilliant record, I'd almost forgotten it then I heard it on Radio 2 this morning. Thanks Chris Evans.

I have that, and forgotten that it was a pretty good album. 

At the risk of getting on my soapbox again, the 80s was when 90% of new music was utter shite - and the great acts from the 65-75 golden era made the fatal mistake of trying to fit in with it. Dylan, Neil Young and the Stones made some truly execrable albums during that era. Neil and Bob later achieved at least a partial return to form, the Stones never did. IMHO, of course.

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 1

At the risk of getting on my soapbox again, the 80s when when 90% of new music was utter shite - and the great acts from the 65-75 golden era made the fatal mistake of trying to fit in with it. Dylan, Neil Young and the Stones made some truly execrable albums during that era. Neil and Bob later achieved at least a partial return to form, the Stones never did. IMHO, of course.

I would definitely agree with this, I struggle to find anything after 84 by the stones aside from losing my touch. I also struggle with Bowie in that he puts out one good song, singular every 7 years or so. 

At the risk of getting on my soapbox again, the 80s when when 90% of new music was utter shite - and the great acts from the 65-75 golden era made the fatal mistake of trying to fit in with it. Dylan, Neil Young and the Stones made some truly execrable albums during that era. Neil and Bob later achieved at least a partial return to form, the Stones never did. IMHO, of course.

totally agree. I think the stones made some ok ish stuff during that period but miles behind what they done in their prime. Purple were shit for most part of the 80s and 90s, sabbath were ok until 83 then were shit. Thank god zep called it a day because they would of been shit. Times and fasion change, most bands have a sell by date imo. Rush done well in the 80s but I'm not a big rush fan. I do like some 80s and early 90s bands but I rarely listen to that era. 65 until 75 is where most of its at.

Monaco - Music for Pleasure.

What do you want from me? - It is such a brilliant brilliant record, I'd almost forgotten it then I heard it on Radio 2 this morning. Thanks Chris Evans.

I have that, and forgotten that it was a pretty good album. 

Better than Revenge or Freebass. But how hard would that be? And definitely better than Peter Hook & the Light (ft. Rowetta) doing Atmosphere...

Â