• McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

Mysteryman

From a position of relative calm having received what I considered on Sunday night a message that I presumed had been conveyed to the person by the inner sanctum I have to hold my hands up here and say I am not 100 percent sure NOW . Unlike the Hughes one where I am 100 percent I think my messenger and me was premature with saying it won't be McCleish !

The words coming back to me ' We can't keep discounting everyone and nothing is impossible ' leads me to think there is a consideration of McCleish . I think it would be the biggest mistake of Randy's ownership if true as simply McCleish will not be given any time no chance and will be berated . He would need to win our first 6 games playing like Barcelona to have any chance with the fans . For what it's worth he comes across as a decent guy and if he had come to us from anywhere but Blues I think he may have a chance but that and the dire football throghout his reign simply cannot see how it would work and why we would want him . I still though don't think we will appoint him but I aint nowhere near as sure as I was now as obviously other targets are looking less likely and they are keeping options open .

Meltdown begins guys!

LMFAO, I'm afraid MM loses any credibility he may have had

ITK, my arse

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mysteryman

From a position of relative calm having received what I considered on Sunday night a message that I presumed had been conveyed to the person by the inner sanctum I have to hold my hands up here and say I am not 100 percent sure NOW . Unlike the Hughes one where I am 100 percent I think my messenger and me was premature with saying it won't be McCleish !

The words coming back to me ' We can't keep discounting everyone and nothing is impossible ' leads me to think there is a consideration of McCleish . I think it would be the biggest mistake of Randy's ownership if true as simply McCleish will not be given any time no chance and will be berated . He would need to win our first 6 games playing like Barcelona to have any chance with the fans . For what it's worth he comes across as a decent guy and if he had come to us from anywhere but Blues I think he may have a chance but that and the dire football throghout his reign simply cannot see how it would work and why we would want him . I still though don't think we will appoint him but I aint nowhere near as sure as I was now as obviously other targets are looking less likely and they are keeping options open .

Meltdown begins guys!

I said yesterday that MM had been guessing all along. I got a few pelters for that.

I posted yesterday morning that McLeish was being considered, and people just kept on quoting drivel that MM had posted. 'See, MM says he aint coming here so just shut up youre wrong'.

This MM bloke has you lot hanging off his every word and wont hear a bad word said about him.

Mugs the lot of ya. :winkold:

Like i said yesterday...its McLeish.

"I told you so's" really do say a lot about a person in my opinion, people want to hold on to any hope they can, and ITK posts help no matter if they are wrong or right.

Nobody likes a smart arse and its not done yet as bad as it is looking.

Not so much of a told you so, more of a wake up call to the numptys who believe every word this bloke writes.

I posted a bit of ITK yesterday and got abuse for it. Uncalled for. Dare i say it, you were probably one of the ones dishing out the abuse.

No I wasn't one of the ones giving you abuse, I leave the ITK's to the ones who have a PROVEN track record like MM.

Stu the club is in turmoil at the moment, we were expecting a manager to excite us and take us forward and in return we are being berated from every way possible, even if he came and did well we look stupid so its a no win situation , a publicity nightmare for the club so you can understand why the I told you so is not taken well.

Fair enough mate. I never intended for my original post to come across as any sort of point scoring. I just wanted to highlight the fact that MM can indeed get things wrong and that everybody shouldnt take his info as gospel...even to the point where people are spending their hard earnt wages down the bookies off the back of what hes said!!

Ive got nothing against MM as another poster has said. Far from it. I used to love reading his posts. I just didnt take them as fact (and them use them in arguments/counter arguments) as most people seem to.

Surely even our quiet club would have denied these allegations flying around right now, if there was no truth in them. People who think this is all smoke and mirrors still, are seriously clutching at straws.

Well there has been something for the last few weeks.

What do you expect do you want Villa to comment every time Randys plane goes to Corsica.

Where the whole world seems to be at the moment.

No I wasn't saying they should comment on everything at all. I said, if theres no truth behind all this McLeish stuff, the supposed Krulak comments and the allegations made by the Birmingham chairman, then I'd expect even our extremely quiet club would release a statement, distancing themselves. I mean, theres gonna be blumin protests at VP, serious sh*t. They released a statement on Martinez, which was needed less.

It's obvious we have or are trying to speak to him, hense why the club are not saying anything.

season ticket renewal date is friday and im seriously considering not renewing for the first time in 17 seasons.

No question for me, I have other problems aside such as trying for kids and trying to complete renevations inbetween working away from home every week.

So the club has to convince me that it's worth the hassle of getting another season ticket. I'm usually very content as long as there's that feeling of hope, something that could be even if very unlikely...thats what we all do isnt it hope?

McDouche = no hope.

Ponky wrote:

Can someone please explain what 'contstructive dismissal' means?

Being undermined by your employers to such an extent that you feel you have little choice but to resign.

This being mentioned in the context of McCleish and BCFC.

What the heck would Villa have to do with Blues if their manager has resigned

in a constructuve dismissal case?

The whole thing makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

season ticket renewal date is friday and im seriously considering not renewing for the first time in 17 seasons.

I'm sorry but if the board think that our rival's manager whos just got them relegated is the best man for job then theres no hope for us.

i wanted moyes but that was never gonna happen wouldnt of minded hughes.

i've seen all the press having a go at us and hoped we'd shut them up with a good appointment but dont look thats gonna happen and looks like they were right all along, we are a shambles and no one wants the job.

I really wouldnt blame any member of our squad for wanting to leave us right now.

I'm not an ST holder because I live in Kent and its just not practical.

However, I am genuinely interested in why you would consider NOT supporting the club both financially and in person.

Say for example we appoint McLeish, and we win our first 6 games and are in CL contention by Xmas. Will you come back? Would you then leap on the bandwagon and support the club again.

It doens't matter who is in the Manager's Officer, or who pulls that beautiful shirt on. You are (apparently) a Villa fan. And a bloody priviliged one at that in that you are able to take yourself onto that hallowed ground once fortnight.

If you love this club, support it. Regardless of the difficulties we experience on the way.

Talk about Diluting the importance of the managerial role of our great club

First Martinez, now McLeish, both mediocre managers at best

& I thought Lerner / Faulkner were astute businessmen

Mysteryman

Meltdown begins guys!

ITK, my arse

Think ul find that hes always been sceptical regarding all of this.

And what makes his opinion a lot more valuable to me than yours is that hes got the brain cells to admit when he may be wrong

I'm sorry but if the board think that our rival's manager whos just got them relegated is the best man for job then theres no hope for us.

i wanted moyes but that was never gonna happen wouldnt of minded hughes.

i've seen all the press having a go at us and hoped we'd shut them up with a good appointment but dont look thats gonna happen and looks like they were right all along, we are a shambles and no one wants the job.

I really wouldnt blame any member of our squad for wanting to leave us right now.

I'm not an ST holder because I live in Kent and its just not practical.

However, I am genuinely interested in why you would consider NOT supporting the club both financially and in person.

Say for example we appoint McLeish, and we win our first 6 games and are in CL contention by Xmas. Will you come back? Would you then leap on the bandwagon and support the club again.

It doens't matter who is in the Manager's Officer, or who pulls that beautiful shirt on. You are (apparently) a Villa fan. And a bloody priviliged one at that in that you are able to take yourself onto that hallowed ground once fortnight.

If you love this club, support it. Regardless of the difficulties we experience on the way.

:clap:

Mysteryman

Meltdown begins guys!

ITK, my arse

Not really. He got something wrong/called something earlier than he should have...

i'd still take his word over pretty much anyone else's, including journo's.

Frank Rijkaard, Marcelo Bielsa or Louis van Gaal for Athletic Bilbao

13th June, 2011 Athletic Bilbao could choose between Frank Rijkaard, Marcelo Bielsa and Louis van Gaal to take over as their new coach for next season. The Presidential Elections at the Basque club are in full swing and one of the candidates, former...

link

How come Bilbao are going after bigger fish than us???

This whole thing makes us Villa fans look like headless chickens.

FFS, this addiction our fans have to speculation and rumour is becoming ridiculous. I don’t know if other clubs fans suffer from the same affliction.

But our fans look all the more ridiculous because since RL has taken over the club, transfers and appointments have been carried out behind the glare of the media.

im off to play on a game or something and enjoy a day off work. i have the full confidence the business men at our great club wont **** us over with a shit manager and then claims of 'he fits the club'.

while it is interesting, i think it is all games.