• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aside from Wigan, Name 1 premier league club (aside from the ones just promoted) that has recruited a championship manager with no previous premier experience in the past 5 years.

Why does it have to be in the last 5 years?

have we sunk this low that we are talking about championship managers

Except many of the good managers around started life as Championship Managers. Everybody is creaming their jeans over Moyes who came from PNE to Everton.

Personally I don't have a problem with the club recruiting the right manager from the Championship.

Right clearly is the key word though,

Aside from Wigan, Name 1 premier league club (aside from the ones just promoted) that has recruited a championship manager with no previous premier experience in the past 5 years.

Because otherwise he won't win!

Oh, there's that phrase again.

It's got nothing to do with "sinking low". The media are just throwing names around because they know as much as we do (nothing) and people are discussing that on here since there's nothing else to discuss given that we don't know anything.

I meant talking on here fella

There is no way we should even be discussing these names

Why should not go for a young ambitious manager with something to prove who will build a dynasty at Villa? Why does it have to be 'one of the usual suspects'. I'd rather KMac than the likes of Benitez etc.

I dont wanna see a new manager come in, spend £100m+ over 3 years to overhaul the squad and restrict the development of our young players, only to see them leave and the whole thing to fall apart and have to start again.

Except many of the good managers around started life as Championship Managers. Everybody is creaming their jeans over Moyes who came from PNE to Everton.

Personally I don't have a problem with the club recruiting the right manager from the Championship.

Right clearly is the key word though,

This.

The way modern football is, no one employs people from lower leagues any more. All recent managers employed by clubs have been managers with either prem experience or abroad. It's a huge risk taking a punt on a young up and coming manager because relegation can be absolutely disasterous - even Martinez had experience of two relegation battles and came through them. Having a punt on Grayson would be an unmitigated disaster IMO

And I think you should include managers from the Championship who have brought their side up to the PL.

The way modern football is, no one employs people from lower leagues any more. All recent managers employed by clubs have been managers with either prem experience or abroad. It's a huge risk taking a punt on a young up and coming manager because relegation can be absolutely disasterous - even Martinez had experience of two relegation battles and came through them. Having a punt on Grayson would be an unmitigated disaster IMO

You get risks whatever. I agree a less proven manager is a risk but so is handing Benitez a cheque for £30m (or £60m in some reports) to 'rebuild' our squad.