• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

I don't think there's anything in these Grayson rumours. Same goes for McLeish. It's all just speculation. If what the media said was actually true we'd have had about six managers already. Nobody knows anything.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What i think Villa needs is the next David Moyes, not Moyes himself. A manager that can come in without sky high expectations on his shoulders. Grayson is a young manager who has done well at Leeds so wouldnt be a bad shout. Ancellotti would be a disaster IMO. Big name yes but really short term view and would undoubtedly use you as a holding point for bigger jobs.

Spot on

Tbf MON was our Moyes accept he couldn't handle money correctly.

LOL

AVFCMysteryManSky Dream

#avfc the day AFTER Moyes is announced as Villa manager I will close the acct

The little boy is a clown. Probably closing his account as mummy & daddy want their laptop back.

BUT if moyes is announced and all what he is saying is true then fair play to him,

YES, but he is not the ITK. Someone who does know something reveals that Moyes is the number 1 target, and then 12 hours later we get the new Mystery Men on twitter guessing things.

So yes, I do hope he is announced our manager. But, i won't be congratulating Sky Dream@AVFCMysteryMan. He or she knows as much as we do.

Id never take MON back and don't rate Hughes why dont we make a new thread without moyes in the voting poll so we can actually find a realistic person the fans want

why is Moyes not realistic?

I'd like to put forward Sean O'Driscoll. I'm ready to be shot down.

have we sunk this low that we are talking about championship managers

So we can only appoint a manager from the prem? there are so excellent managers in the lower divisions. Many of the best have come from outside the prem (top division).

I have been watching this thread for a while with more than a passing interest for obvious reasons. One thing id say is that Lerner is doing well to keep things quiet. Speak only when you have something to say is an approach i wish more clubs would follow. Now onto the speculation from that reliable bastion called the internet.

Do i think you will get Moyes? No. If you do then id say good luck to him and thanks for the 9 years you gave us. He turned us into a top 6 club from relegation candidates every season. You see whilst Lerner is keeping things quiet our loveable chairman can do no such thing. If something was happening at Everton then it gets out pretty damn quick. The goodison spin control would be in full effect now if Moyes was a viable option for Villa. If anything the stories out of goodison currently is were potentially close to a couple of signings.

What i think Villa needs is the next David Moyes, not Moyes himself. A manager that can come in without sky high expectations on his shoulders. Grayson is a young manager who has done well at Leeds so wouldnt be a bad shout. Ancellotti would be a disaster IMO. Big name yes but really short term view and would undoubtedly use you as a holding point for bigger jobs.

Top post pal.

But, I have to disagree about Grayson.

Yes, he has connections with Villa and is a young manager learning his trade. But, firstly it is too early for me and secondly; I do not rate him as a manager. I have quite a few mates who are Leeds Utd fans and they would be quite happy for us to take him as they do not rate him one bit. No thanks.

why dont we make some money on laying bets by starting a rumor on another manager to get it ...........everyone else is doing it..........i hear gary waddock has been approached and is traveling up to villa park tonight to finalise things but he has to agree to sell the whole first team and then use the reserves ...........wow would be a great appointment and im putting £1000 on him as im ITK....

I don't think there's anything in these Grayson rumours. Same goes for McLeish. It's all just speculation. If what the media said was actually true we'd have had about six managers already. Nobody knows anything.

I think it comes from us going for a bloke who avoided relegation by one goal - the bookies thinking that we are looking that low - have just covered the next tier of managers. I think it will be one of

Hughes

Coyle

Rickard

Raneri

or........................Steve Bruce - not mentioned yet.

I think it comes from us going for a bloke who avoided relegation by one goal - the bookies thinking that we are looking that low - have just covered the next tier of managers. I think it will be one of

Hughes

Coyle

Rickard

Raneri

or........................Steve Bruce - not mentioned yet.

Brucie is a good shout for media to latch on too, or maybe even Brendan Rodgers, I know he has only just got into prem but is very ambitious!

There's going to be a lot of disappointed people if you realistically think we're getting Moyes. He simply isn't a viable option so can we move on.

Still Hughes, July 1st

Oh, there's that phrase again.

It's got nothing to do with "sinking low". The media are just throwing names around because they know as much as we do (nothing) and people are discussing that on here since there's nothing else to discuss given that we don't know anything.

Oh, there's that phrase again.

It's got nothing to do with "sinking low". The media are just throwing names around because they know as much as we do (nothing) and people are discussing that on here since there's nothing else to discuss given that we don't know anything.

I meant talking on here fella

There is no way we should even be discussing these names