• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look, it's just my opinion. I dont want my club managed by someobody with absolutely no pedigree whatsoever. Especially when Hughes is available and we could have got Martin Jol.
Their pedigree is finishing mid-table, is that what we want?

Bollocks is it......

Martin Jol was a bout of food poisoning away from the champs league with Spurs and finished 5th with Hamburg and 2nd with Ajax

Mark Hughes had limited resources at both Blackburn (where i believe he had a top 7 finish) and Fulham (who incidently finished 8th last year).

He didnt really get a fair crack of the whip at city did he

Their pedigree certainly isnt mid table

The way i am looking at this whole situation is that it's best to not trust any ITK's and just wait.

The media have decided to pick our club apart over our managerial situation as we're not a fashionable club to anybody other than ourselves. Chelsea are in the same situation as us with no manager but they've been left to deal with it without being slagged off left right and centre.

I sat in the car yesterday literally seething at Adrian Durham and even Darren Gough over the comments they were making, i would seriously love it if Randy caught wind of what they were saying and decided to do a media blackout to that loathesome station until they recieve a sincere apology from those pair of idiots! I kept punching the stations phone number into my phone and then deciding the things i wanted to say would probably get me arrested for some sort of breach of the peace :D

I'd love to say i'm going to ignore all of this until a friend or family member contacts me to say xxxxx is the new Villa manager but i know it's not feasible and that i'm doomed to spend the next god knows how many days sat at my computer or with my phone refreshing the page every 30 seconds. I can't wait til my life can return to a certain amount of normality although i've no idea what i'm going to do with my time after this, i can't even remember what i did with my time before this arghhhhh!!

Look, it's just my opinion. I dont want my club managed by someobody with absolutely no pedigree whatsoever. Especially when Hughes is available and we could have got Martin Jol.

Bollocks is it......

Martin Jol was a bout of food poisoning away from the champs league with Spurs and finished 5th with Hamburg and 2nd with Ajax

Mark Hughes had limited resources at both Blackburn (where i believe he had a top 7 finish) and Fulham (who incidently finished 8th last year).

With Spurs and lots of money spent he finished 5th.

With the biggest team in Holland he finished 2nd.

Hughes has never finished outside mid-table - and was not winning enough games with city after sunking over £150m on lescott, santa cruz etc. Their pedigree certainly is mid-table.

Can't help feeling pretty down & sad about all this at the moment. As each day passes we seem to be dropping lower & lower down the scale & getting linked with less & less inspiring names which in turn affects the clubs image. Only a few days ago an exciting new era appeared to be dawning where today excitement has long since evaporated & been replaced by feelings of very depressing realisation that the club is on a road to nowhere & we are viewed as some kind of insignificant stepping stone by the media, players & managers alike. At least that is the impression given by the said media & fans of other teams have absorbed these opinions & are now repeating them in their posts on various websites including this one.

We are at a major crossroads for me & never has there been such a desperate & urgent need for this football club to make a real statement of intent. Over to you Mr Lerner & i don't envy you such a massive task as this will shape the Aston Villa of the next decade at least.

Bollocks is it......

Hughes has never finished outside mid-table - and was not winning enough games with city after sunking over £150m on lescott, santa cruz etc. Their pedigree certainly is mid-table.

Oh come one - you have to spend money to get to top 6 - look what we spent under MON

Biggest team in Holland?? Who cares ?? You are saying his pedigree is mid table and i'm teling you thats Horseshit when you look at his record

Hughes finished 7th with Blackburn and Fulham with little funds. So your statement 'Hughes has never finished outside midtable' is bollocks i'm afraid

Nice to see that people are losing faith in RL. I'm sure he will not go for a manager in the championship. But, if he does; it won't be done without a thorough evaluating process. . Contrary to what the media are saying or what the bookies are doing; RL will have had his targets set long before GH was dismissed. Anyone who thinks otherwise is very naive. Do you seriously think that he would suddenly wait to see if GH was coming back. In business you have got to have contingency plans and PF was brought in for that very purpose. Yes, the press may be saying that what is going on at Villa is farcical & that RL is panicking. The guy is a business man. He would have drawn up his list weeks ago. Martinez may well have been on that list. But, i'm sure he still has the candidates in mind, and is no doubt still working around the clock regardless of what country he is in. Business can still take place even if you are in another country. Maybe not the essential paperwork, but i'm sure he is having conference meetings with the Villa board. But, for all we know; a manager may already be in place. But, i don't believe that. What I do believe is that RL will make the right decision ON what is best for Aston Villa FC.

I dont understand why it is all ridiculous. Randy/PF are appointed a new manager, its an important decision and they are doing it properly like any business would. Check who is keen, shortlist, speak to those shortlisted and then make a decision. All we know is RM declined to be interviewed as did CA. We also know Rafa asked for £60m to spend and that is it.

Bollocks is it......

Oh come one - you have to spend money to get to top 6 - look what we spent under MON

Biggest team in Holland?? Who cares ?? You are saying his pedigree is mid table and i'm teling you thats Horseshit when you look at his record

Hughes finished 7th with Blackburn and Fulham with little funds. So your statement 'Hughes has never finished outside midtable' is bollocks i'm afraid

7th is firmly stationed within midtable for me. we should be wanting to finish higher than 7th.

As for Jol yes yo do have to spend, but MON also spent and just finished outside top 4, but he failed as Jol did. He was expected to win league with Ajax and lost out McClaren.....