• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

It's a very dangerous mistake but it's going to be so costly, no doubt we'll pay Blues off, then we'll pay tin-tin a huge amount and then on top of that there asking fans to renew, you really think they'll renew because i don't. Our ST sales will be massively down on last year, I've already renewed and will probably keep it that way but all this points to me that Randy wants out or cutting purse strings.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know how many times we have to say this, the press seem to think we give a shit about his Birmingham role, it's not that, he's actually a shit manager who fluked his way to a League Cup, just watch all their games in the run up, God could not have made it easier for them. He's the most negative manager, can you imagine the likes of United coming to VP, 10 men behind the ball.

The fact he's sha manager matters to me and to many others. If they had a great manager he's have to be extra good to make up for that fact. McLeish is shit so it's a wrist case scenario situation

I just don’t see how he can be a success. His Premier League record, the dour football he played, he has to hit the ground running and you only have to read the numerous forums to see how fans are divided and that’s just on the news he will have an interview. Pushing s**t uphill if you ask me and it will fall back down on all our faces IMO.

I will start by saying, Alex McLeish is not my first, second or third choice as manager but lets put things in perspective.

Give the man a break, he hasn´t been signed yet, he probably will though.

yes, he managed Birmingham, so what? Yes, he got them relegated, so what, he could only play the players that he had..

He had a good record with Scotland, made the last 16 with Rangers in CL.

Everyone keeps saying he plays crap football, long ball etc etc. He can only play the players he has infront of him. At Villa he would have players like Makoun, Delph and hopefully Downing instead of Barry Ferguson, Lee Bowyer and Nikola Zigic....

Everyone says he is crap in the transfer market, yes he bought Zigic that is completly useless, but for every Zigic there is a Scott Dann, for every Alexander Hleb there is a Ben Foster....

As the General said, what can he do with a owner that supports him? Lets give him the chance.

One thing he will definatley adress is our defence we let in too many soft goals last year. Dont think that would happen with Mcleish. And one thing Mcleish has is balls if he takes the job. Thats exciting to me!

Lets get behind the club and support ASTON VILLA. Lets support RANDY LERNER. I will do for what its worth over here in Sweden.

I couldn't give a **** about Blues, however for me he does not have the RIGHT credentials to be our manager. His football is shit, he is the most negative manager in the league and we're saying he has good credentials.

I will start by saying, Alex McLeish is not my first, second or third choice as manager but lets put things in perspective.

Give the man a break, he hasn´t been signed yet, he probably will though.

yes, he managed Birmingham, so what? Yes, he got them relegated, so what, he could only play the players that he had..

He had a good record with Scotland, made the last 16 with Rangers in CL.

Everyone keeps saying he plays crap football, long ball etc etc. He can only play the players he has infront of him. At Villa he would have players like Makoun, Delph and hopefully Downing instead of Barry Ferguson, Lee Bowyer and Nikola Zigic....

Everyone says he is crap in the transfer market, yes he bought Zigic that is completly useless, but for every Zigic there is a Scott Dann, for every Alexander Hleb there is a Ben Foster....

As the General said, what can he do with a owner that supports him? Lets give him the chance.

One thing he will definatley adress is our defence we let in too many soft goals last year. Dont think that would happen with Mcleish. And one thing Mcleish has is balls if he takes the job. Thats exciting to me!

Lets get behind the club and support ASTON VILLA. Lets support RANDY LERNER. I will do for what its worth over here in Sweden.

Agreed! If we are in such disarray the club needs our backing.

Mcleish IF he comes! (Football as we all know is never straight forward) will bust a gut to be successful: to prove some of us "villa fans" wrong, to prove that given a chance at a club that is well run, well funded, with superior facilities in a competitive league that he can deliver. Also he is a possibility of being a Moyes, Wenger or a Fergusson who stays at a club for a long period of time and really create some foundations in our club and breed a winning mentality and stability which are two things we need!

Those unwilling to give him time are complete moronic idiots who share more in common with SHA fans! Which is why we aren't an attractive club because no manager wants to touch us with a barge pole and who can blame them! Knowing the fans never support the manager and the team when we are going through a rocky patch!

He's just being interviewed to piss of the scum, thats all. Someone tell me thats all it is! Its got to be. Please God, say it isn't so!

I think that hope is fading.

We will appoint him now imo, we spent all yesterday checking we could thus announcing statement.

Blues wont have a leg to stand on even if i wish they did.

Dear lord what are they about to do.

It still makes no sense whats so ever.

Its done deal guys. General would only defend one of his own the way he did. Thats how he was with Gerrard as well.

He would not respond like that to McLaren or Moyes.

Right after sleeping on it I think we just need to accept it and get behind him and see how it goes. The last thing we need after houllier is another shit season and if the fans are ready to snap the minute a ball is kicked it's not going to help.

There's no point in protesting, if Randy had the ability to attract someone better then he would but clearly for some reason the managers we'd like to see are just not interested in the job.

Randy's decision making for the last year or so has been terrible and clearly now shows that passion and good intention just isn't enough.

I'm not happy about it but i'll still be there next season.

Mcleish IF he comes! (Football as we all know is never straight forward) will bust a gut to be successful: to prove some of us "villa fans" wrong, to prove that given a chance at a club that is well run, well funded, with superior facilities in a competitive league that he can deliver. Also he is a possibility of being a Moyes, Wenger or a Fergusson who stays at a club for a long period of time and really create some foundations in our club and breed a winning mentality and stability which are two things we need!

Those unwilling to give him time are complete moronic idiots who share more in common with SHA fans! Which is why we aren't an attractive club because no manager wants to touch us with a barge pole and who can blame them! Knowing the fans never support the manager and the team when we are going through a rocky patch!

Very well said. Whatever his ties, he now has shit all to do with SHA, and could do a job here. No-one can deny he must really be up for the challenge to face us lot and try and deliver.

Cut your own throat Lerner eh. Slash ST sales by a third and disaffect a good majority of your own fanbase. You couldn't make this shit up.

A pole suggested (and there was alarge response) that 60% would either not renew, return or not purchase ST on the back of this. Even if only half of those carried through the threat your looking at losing a third. Once that season ticket is given up and people find other things to do instead of going to VP then it will be very, very hard to get them back again.

IF we sign the ex shite then Lerner Out sign can't be that far behind surely ?