• Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we'll interview him

I don't think we'll appoint him

I think this statement is an attempt to show the rest of the world that the board are in charge rather than the 'Lord of the Flies' supporters populating the forums

Well that itself would be bizarre and so far has managed to cause more bad press.

The press are all over us atm regarding bad stuff. The next big negative is the Downing to leave story, which is already starting to gather some pace. They are ripping the club appart.

I think this statement is an attempt to show the rest of the world that the board are in charge rather than the 'Lord of the Flies' supporters populating the forums

That said if we do appoint McLeish I'll be bitterly disappointed, he'd be a rubbish appointment, his Blues team played the worst football in the league for the last two seasons

I think the statement is the Board's way of preparing the fans for the inevitable. I hope I'm wrong but it looks like a foregone conclusion.

Utterly embarrassed by the reaction of most of our support, this is not 'Villa's darkest day' or any of that tripe, this is a day where we potentially appoint a very good manager who happens to have previously managed our local rivals. Grow up!

Getting a team relegated twice in 3 seasons makes you a very bad manager, regardless to where you previously managed.

That would be a perfectly valid point if McLeish had been in charge of a decent and stable premiership club like Bolton or Blackburn, fact is he was in charge of a yo-yo club that is always on the verge of relegation. When he arrived it was in November, which left him no time to make any signings or do anything constructive to stop the team from being relegated. This season there was practically nothing he could do as his already weak squad was hit by injuries to his key players.

If you want to blame him for the relegations you must also give him credit for getting a poor Blues side their highest EVER premier league finish and winning them their first trophy in decades.

If he arrived in November then he had a January transfer window and about 6 months to prevent them from being relegated. As for injuries to his key players I don't think any team in the PL had as many injuries to key players for as many months as Villa did.

We had a manager walk out on us 5 days before the season started. We then appointed a manager that hadn't managed in the PL for a number of years and who made so many PR gaffs it was laughable and then to top it off the manager has a heart scare a month before the season ends.

No amount of excuses can make McLeish seem like he is a good manager but just got unlucky.

It's practically impossible to do decent business in the January transfer window, no club will want to sell decent players for anything other than astronomical prices, which Blues obviously can't afford.

Your second point is in no way relevant, we had all of those things happen to us and maintained a decent position in the league because we have a decent squad and a strong pool of young players to call on when the seniors are injured/suspended. Blues have none of those things. They had a first 11 that would have been scrapping for every point to avoid relegation anyway, take away a couple of key players due to injury (which is exactly what happened) and relegation becomes inevitable.

It's also worth pointing out that they were relegated by one point in the tighest relegation scrap we've seen in years, they didn't exactly do a Derby and pick up 15 points for the whole season!

I don't get this.....

RL doesn't want to damage his relationship with Fulham by asking to speak to MH

BUT

He is happy to get a manager in NO Villa fan wants?

Madness.

This will be the most shocking football decision ever, like many have said ignore the fact he was BCFC. The guy has made awful signings, awful decisions, negative football. Last 2 games of the season against Fulham and Spurs he sets up not to lose instead of going out to win. Fulham was at home too. The guy is a buffoon, ignore his record me and my next door neighbours dog could manage rangers/celtic to a few trophys. Ill be down VP tomorrow night

Well that itself would be bizarre and so far has managed to cause more bad press.

Well soon we'll know, some of the reports today esp the one in the Guardian give evidence to my theory, I hope I'm right

It is Randy's club, he can do what he wants, If he feels Mc Leish is the best man for the job then as a true Villa supporter you should continue to support the team even if if you feel he is not the right man for the job.

Results will determine the outcome if he takes over, it would be a massive gamble for Randy.

This is AVFC, not (Randy) RFC. He's never been part of any success here (trophies). If this is the best appointment he can do, I would rather him pack his bags and gamble on another chairman.

What has really pissed me off about all of this is that Villa fans should accept that we are no longer a BIG club yet when Spurs sacked Ramos they deserved a big name manager because they were a sleeping giant.

What's the **** difference? (Apart from the London jizz fest)

Appointing McLeish would be nothing short of suicidal for the board in my eyes.

I don't get this.....

RL doesn't want to damage his relationship with Fulham by asking to speak to MH

BUT

He is happy to get a manager in NO Villa fan wants?

Madness.

Show me anywhere that RL said this,,

Its a gamble not worth taking.

We are struggling to get hold of our best players, and I doubt the appointment of a second rated manager will show any encouragement or drive to keep them. Likewise, I can not see this clown being able to attract big names to the club

He will destroy the team and the club. We're heading back to those Doug Ellis / DOL years

Ask any bluenose whether the clown was any good for their team.... so what makes people think he will be any good at the villa!

I hope he fails the interview miserably, fecking joker can steer well away from my beloved club and manage a Div 1 team

I'd prefer them to give the job to sir_gary_cahill.

+1

A proper talent scout that man.

He can bring back the great Ethan Moore as well, that's if Randy's willing to sanction the £80m asking price from Cheltenham Town.

List of managers I'd take before McLeish, ruling out likes of Moyes etc..

Hughes, Curbishley, Hughton, Zola, Mugabe, Holloway, Poyet, Heskey, Coyle, Di Mateo, Mike Bassett.

Just Hughes for me, ,,, then again i do know something about football

My two pence for what its worth..

From the evidence available to me I am quite confident that AM will not be the next Villa Manager.

This is from a mixture of what in my opinion are sources I would take over what I am told by the media Circus, the same media circus who in the last 2 weeks alone have at some point guaranteed 1 of at least 5 managers with the next 24 hours etc.. the fact is they don't know there arse from their elbow when it comes to this board and they build up on what little snippets they can get until it spills over and people start to take it as gospel, FFS you only have to look at the number of players at team get linked with in the papers and how many actually happen for an example of this.

Love your optimism my friend but can I have a bit of what your smoking?

And now this statement from the BCFC board just makes me think it's even more unlikely, it's just not the way that this board works what the **** have they done in the last 5 years to deserve such vitriol? do you think they have had a mental breakdown and suddenly have no clue what to do? The appointment of GH may not have panned out as planned, but you could see the logic to it and it met all of the criteria mentioned in the statement tonight.

That leads me on to statements the only things we have heard officially are in regards to Martinez and Interviewing AM, the first of these were driven by Whelan mouthing off to the press who in turn make up their own story which suddenly is stated as fact on talkshite, SSN, so we make a statement which rubbishes all the shite that the media had been pedaling by clarifying that it was decided days ago that we were not even meeting Martinez, if whelan hadn't mouthed of none of these facts would be in the public domain and people would still be of the mantra he turned us down.

Tonights statement in my opinion was made due to the constant moaning and whining of the want it now generation and is very carefully worded are we the **** going to employ AM, if you go back and read it again the whole statement is a contradiction to them employing AM as he meets none of the aforementioned criteria GH did , the only reason he is mentioned (right at the bottom I may add) is because the BCFC chairman has come out and mentioned us (similar to Whelan) other wise I think that paragraph would not have been on there and it would just have been a statement to appease, finally the reason they do go into detail is to show that the fact he has been at BCFC should not stop him from being able to apply and be interviewed and rightly so, thats all it doesn't say he has the job, that is the medias take.

There has never been anything official on Hughes, Ancelloti, Jol, Mclaren, Benitez, Moyes all anyone is going on is what the media have drummed up, maybe there are some grains of truth in what has been said about any of the above candidates the only way we would / will ever know is with official statements.

Personally I fully expect David Moyes to be the new Villa manager come 1st of July

I see where you're coming from and would agree except for the fact of.....if we aren't seriously considering him, why interview him?! They could have said "we will look at all candidates credentials regardless of previous club" instead they say they WILL interview him...