• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

I hate Talksport but earlier on Adrian Durham stated to a Villa fan "do you honestly think that Villa not talking to the media makes a blind bit of difference to people who work in the industry? There are too many people involved in deals like this one for it ever to be kept quiet, sources worked on for many years, friends of Journalists WILL come forward. If a story doesn't come from the Villa side, it'll come out from the other side. If you think that Villa's silence is anything to go by, it isn't, and you are being very naive". I therefore deduct that the media have not been wrong all along, there is no smokescreen. We will be appointing McLeish. I hope I am wrong. Some of the facts given out by SSN and Talksport have been stupidly inaccurate but they are correct in the end. Cnuts.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could put this more eloquently, but ill tell it as I feel it.

If Mcleish is employed the board can **** themselves if they think ill support the club. I'll come back when they stop treating our club as a joke.

I'm struggling to believe this is really happening! It's like finding out your hot wife who has always been faithful, has been shagging a dole scrounging fat bastard with no hair and teeth, and she tells you she's going to move in with him.

Surely this can't happen.

:crylaugh::crylaugh:

Could you imagine the Villa putting something like that on our website? They can't do things properly like the way our club do. Embarrassing!

Plus whoever wrote that needs to resit their key stage 2 SATS.

:crylaugh:

I have a couple of mates who are Sheffield United fans. A few weeks ago the Blades appointed (ex-Wednesday player and manager) Danny Wilson as their new boss. My mates were shocked, and were telling me of the apoplexy on their web forums. One of them said: "Try to imagine what it would be like if Villa appointed Alec McLeish". I laughed.

:(

I'm struggling to believe this is really happening! It's like finding out your hot wife who has always been faithful, has been shagging a dole scrounging fat bastard with no hair and teeth, and she tells you she's going to move in with him.

Surely this can't happen.

For the 1st time tonight I've actually managed to break a smile and have a chuckle - For that I thank you.. :lol:

What the funk has Mark Hughes done to not get an interview yet McCleish can.......

What the he'll was the criteria they have used to compile a shortlist and what have they been doing for the last fortnight.

Sack Houlier and replace him with McCleish, that ain't. Football decision is it.

If its McLeish then lets just get on with it and sign him up.

This is a ballsy move for all concerned and will not go down well anywhere in Birmingham. It's the equivalent of going all in with a pair of 2's.

**** it though, sometimes you win.

This is how I feel fwiw. The trouble is that AM would be starting with a popularity level about the same as GH's after the Wolves game.

I'd be surprised if RL is prepared to take the risk. Win our first three games and everything's sweet. One or two less-than-perfect games early on and we'd be in a perfect storm of fan anger/ingratitude, manager stress and board unpopularity. Even if RL thinks the world of AM, he'll know that even the very best managers can get off to a bad start.

I firmly believe RL will not appoint AM because:

- He does, in fact, still have ambition for the club

- He isn't a big gambler

- He will not fancy finding and paying for another manager if AM doesn't work out.

He wouldn't have been my choice, but i think he is ok.

I think he will be appointed and i think he will do well and all the threats and furore will subside.

I give up with O'Neill, so it doesn't matter much to me.

I have seen little to fetch me back since.

up the villa!

ps Most of it is all bragging rights, ego and misplaced emotion.