• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

There's no way the board will appoint him. I think they're interviewing because that's the way they want to do thus. Interview a few people. They couldn't appoint him. It would be a poitness and destructive appointment.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tried not to comment until a manager was actually in place but let's be honest this looks pretty much done. I'm not really angered, i'm just puzzled. This appointment makes no rational sense whatsoever, I just can't think of any genuine benefits of bringing Mcleish in.

I'm worried for the future of our football club.

If the board want the best man for the job then why are they even giving him an interview, surely they can see his record is crap with boring football, i just don't get it until you read about one abysmal managerial appointment after another at the Browns and realise that Randy is really bloody clueless when it comes to this kind of thing, but ultimately I can't understand how the hell they are giving McLeish an interview but wont entertain Hughes for quitting, I was hoping to bring my 3 year old son up to a Villa game for the first evr time this season, and was getting him his first ever Villa kit (had ordered last years but cancelled in disgust at the delays) but now will do neither if McLeish is put in charge, in 31 years of being a Villa fan I dont think Ive ever felt so low as I do now, Randy, Krulak, Fuckner I hope you realise what you're doing will bite you on the arse big time..

Why even interview him??

That itself is mental .

This part of statement is frankly disturbing :-

"We would, however, like to emphasise that in deciding to interview Alex McLeish, the Board has taken his tenure at our local rivals and the strong emotions associated with this very seriously.

We are determined,still, not to allow that three-and-a-half year post to disqualify him should he be the best candidate for the role of Aston Villa manager."

Er what about the relegations ? The awful football?

"should he be THE BEST CANDIDATE" - jesus christ - you what?

This is from an old friend of mine, lifetime rangers season ticket holder, when asked about mcleish at rangers

Alrighr sir, he tends to do good at the start and then it can get stale. Team selections can be baffling and players out of position. Not the worst but not sure he can take you forward

Wait wait, has he signed? Someone on radio says he will be unveiled at Villa Park, but it was Talkshite. Then Sky started talking about it.

Talksport said he'd be announced as manager at VP within 24 hours.....

SSN said that AM would be spoken to at VP ...

then came announcement from OS that we'd be interviewing him within the next 24 hours.

I'm just not looking forward to dour football,..... Maybe he'll prove us wrong.

Pete Colley has tweeted that Alex McCleish is a class act tonight but he doesn't think any of them will listen to what he says.

then again a Liverpool fan has just got in touch whose met the guy and rates him very highly to say... all the Villa fans are going mad about Alex McCleish and his football but have they watched Everton's style of football lately?

I saw his point .... Moyes gets results but then he has a much better squad to utilise.

The things that annoy me more then anything, is that we had to wait 2 week for this. Really? I don't think he be a bad manager, will do a steady job, midtable no doubt from now on. But 2 weeks for McLeish. Mate said 2 weeks ago we get him and he had money on it as well, wasn't ITK or anything, but obviously knew more about the club and it management then most Villa fans. 2 weeks for this, its laughable.

General,

I understand why you have looked at Mcleish, but it should have been a quick glance and then look away. If he had done great things at the club, then we could understand where you were coming from, but he has got a decent side relegated twice; whilst playing the most boring, negative football seen in the premier league. You will hear some very emotional views, and will get a lot of abuse, but most of us moderate fans could understand this appointment if he had done something (the carling cup does not count in a season with a relegation). For me it is not that he has managed Birmingham City, that makes no difference, I would get no more delight than stealing their manager had he achieved something, but they are the ones laughing at us, as he has not proven himself to be a competent manger in the Premier League.

You (the club) released a statement recently after Roberto Martinez had declined an interview, and although many thought the manager of Wigan was not good enough for Villa, everyone could see the thinking; Young, ambitious manager who plays good football with an eye for a bargain and so, quite rightly in my opinion, we thought we had a window in on the criteria from which you were choosing a new manager. From this names such as Coyle, Lambert and Grayson sprung, and although these have differing levels of premier league experience and many were underwhelmed, we could see the thinking behind them. How does Alex Mcleish fit into this profile? Yes he has premier league experience, two seasons of relegation and one of struggles until a 12 game unbeaten run including a number of draws and lucky 1-0 wins ensured their survival and a 9th place finish in what was a tight mid-table.

You will not fill Villa Park next season, I would say that you will struggle to 25,000 for the first game - so from purely a business/economic point of view this does not make sense. I really hope that you see sense in this appointment and tell Alex 'Thanks for the interest, but you do not fit our criteria' and move on to a young manager who fits the profile originally drawn up.

I would urge you to think about this appointment very carefully, and re-consider very, very swiftly before Randy does irreperable damage to his reputation with the Villa fans.

Yours,

Mr N Skilton

Season ticket holder

Ill be first to say it. i prefer him to Houllier.

Me to.

The players took the piss out of GH - they won't do that with Mcleish - that said this shows the desparation of our board - i beleive they have had to turn to mcleish because they couldn't get anyone else.

They keep on about continuity in a way that makes me think Mcleish has been brought in to mentor Mcallister and cowans. .......never works.

You can't fudge the managers position

Id say some people will be losing a lot of cash on AM on betfair!

The lay odds were so good that as long as you moved some across to back him things should be fine. Sounds like a fair few people are now guaranteed a return no matter the outcome.

Thats what I did last night after I got cold feet... thank god :shock:

Still think there might be a few twists and turns yet but feeling pretty gutted at the moment.

If the Noses board require legal aid I'm willing to donate my winnings.