• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find your reasoning regarding Moyes vs Hughes rather interesting. You look at their records and dismiss Moyes while remaining 50-50 on Hughes. I mean, obviously, we will never know beforehand how something turns out, but how do you arrive at the conclusion that Hughes is 50-50 while Moyes is a no-goer?

Hughes seems to show alot more ambition. I never see this with Moyes, he looks like he is happy enough plodding on with Everton. Remember he could have managed Tottenham and turned it down. No one else has really come in for him since then maybe a little worrying. To me he is average at best.

But that is all conjecture, right? I'd love it if we get someone in that works well with the board and is loyal to the club. I think you are confusing his personal career ambitions with club ambitions. I don't think him sticking with Everton should be used against him as a point of him not showing ambition, on the contrary. I believe he has shown that he wants to achieve things with Everton, which is all that matters since that could indicate that if he comes he might have the same ambition for us.

Moyes wouldn't cum we don't have any players left just bent

Beg you pardon?

He is a bluenose... if you look at all his posts he is either blatently on the wind up or incredibly stupid. Probably both.

Reminds me of a poster called "Angelbear" from the old ICBirmingham forums...

I remember Angelbear... he was Villa through and through - he was very open with his learning difficulties and I always admired his perseverance even though everyone seemed to hammer him.

This guy is different, not only is his sole intention in nearly every post to provoke a negative reaction, if I remember correctly, he also stated he had a business degree in one of his many threads he has started, which I think you can tell from a single line in his posts is absolutely not true.

I don't need to prove what I have n dont to u but remember this it's a open forum n if I think we dont look like a ambitions club I will say it open ur eyes n see what have we got that a manager from any club would want to come here?

who do you want, woodytom?

I wanted Martinez mate. Got quite excited about him actually. A poor mans Mourinho :D

Right now, theres nobody that excites me!

you would prefer martinez over moyes? that makes no sense to me at all

Well, personality for a start!

When we were linked with Martinez everyone was saying why? he hasnt won anything??

Why arent we asking the same question with Moyes??

No they weren't, they were asking what has he achieved. two 16th place finishes isn't exactly a record that would make people say 'he can take us forward' ...people weren't saying what's he won at all. If he had finished 12th and 9th with Wigan, I bet helluva lot more fans would have loved Martinez.

ok, my bad - if thats what they were saying.

But again same question applies?

In the time Martinez has been managing (3 years) hes achieved a promotion with Swansea and no doubt achieved his season goals at Wigan, whilst reducing the wage bill quite considerably.

On the other hand, Moyes nearly got to the champions league, an Fa cup final - 2 other very good finishes. 2 quite atrocious finishes for Everton and then the rest where they probably should be.

Im unaware of his time at Preston tbh.

No one seems to acknowledge that whilst Martinez hasnt really achieved greatness, hes only been at it 3 years!!

the only way i can see us preserve our dignity a little in the press is if we appoint Moyes......

that would prove to people we still have a bit of clout......

we appoint Hughes and it will be spun that he was the easy out of work option......

pay the compensation for Moyes Randy, you will more than get it back with our consistently high finishes

Moyes has had everton consistently in the top 8 for donkeys years.

The only candidate to have won anything is Steve , yet he gets dismissed out of hand.

McClown spent millions and never managed to get a top 8 finish once, whereas Moyes has only finished outside of the top8 once and on a much smaller budget.

Oh and Middlesbrough only played 1 team in the top half of the table on winning his only trophy in the UK.

There's a reason he gets dismissed out of hand.

I wanted Martinez mate. Got quite excited about him actually. A poor mans Mourinho :D

When we were linked with Martinez everyone was saying why? he hasnt won anything??

moyes got everton into the cl qualifying stage and has established everton as a top 6 or 7 club, he has done a lot more than martinez

so hes won what SGC??????

In treble the amount of time I may add.

Oh yeah, I keep forgeting, Martinez has managed 2 real powerhouses in European football as well.

he got everton to an fa cup final, which i still believe they should've won, he has done a lot more than martinez, that is for sure

But hes been doing it a lot longer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bang:

No they weren't, they were asking what has he achieved. two 16th place finishes isn't exactly a record that would make people say 'he can take us forward' ...people weren't saying what's he won at all. If he had finished 12th and 9th with Wigan, I bet helluva lot more fans would have loved Martinez.

ok, my bad - if thats what they were saying.

But again same question applies?

In the time Martinez has been managing (3 years) hes achieved a promotion with Swansea and no doubt achieved his season goals at Wigan, whilst reducing the wage bill quite considerably.

On the other hand, Moyes nearly got to the champions league, an Fa cup final - 2 other very good finishes. 2 quite atrocious finishes for Everton and then the rest where they probably should be.

Im unaware of his time at Preston tbh.

No one seems to acknowledge that whilst Martinez hasnt really achieved greatness, hes only been at it 3 years!!

Everton before David Moyes:

15th, 17th, 14th 13th, 16th, 15th.

Since Moyes:

7th, 17th, 4th, 11th, 6th, 5th, 5th, 8th, 7th ....so to say ...11th is atrocious ....and 5th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th ...where they should be is also IMO very wrong.

Wigan before Martinez ....10th, 17th, 14th, 11th ....

since Martinez, 16th, 16th.

So while I think he's a talented manager for the future ....you're being extremely one sided in your view Martinez has done some sort of good job while David Moyes has done nothing.

good morning to everyone. first time posting.

ok rijkard, quique but i have a feeling about wenger. i have been looking back over some articles and he wasn´t doing his commentary the oter night on french tv and nobody knows where he was at the same time mr herner´s plane was going somewhere where mr gh happens to have a house, and who are good friends?

deluded no, open minded and positive yes.

whoever it is i will back , i have no choice i love this club!!!!!!!!!

I was in the Mark Hughes camp even bumping into Randy after the Villa Everton home game LAST SEASON to express my thoughts on it he said at the time yes agreed but too late as he had taken the Fulham job which led me to think when GH went and MH resigned that it would be him . I can tell you with as much certainty as anything that a lot has changed and they are genuinely concerned that MH would end up turning us over and they will not be approaching him . It it happens I will be gobsmacked from how direct my nderstanding of their feelings and how they think it would be shortlived and the concern that we would be just a stepping stone for MH . I am getting a lot of PMS which I am not being rude as I haven't replied but genuinely I do not know who the target is because I am not sure how / what happened with the oustanding candidate Moyes . There is nobody ITK on this it's between 2 people and they aint letting onto anybody which is how it should be but yes frustrating the nearest to ITK now is probably Kendrick . I also wouldn't rule out the McCleish rumour he would want the job and so would Bruce who still lives in Lapworth and has said to people how much he thinks of Lerner and what he must be like to work for .

MM post