• Benitez
    • McClaren
    • Martinez
    • Hughes
    • Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

I refuse to put money on David Moyes (got enough on others for a start), but I really do not want this guy!

Martinez had the potential to get me excited about Villa again

on the other hand - Moyes = :cry:

You prefer Martinez to Moyes? That's fairly out there as opinions go I must say.

Yep, I dont buy into all the Moyes hype. I think whether hes given money to spend or he makes money to spend he isnt 'that' good. The media hype around him is unbareable and ridiculous baring in mind hes won nothing.

Someone on here described the job hed done at Everton as unbelievable.

Unbelievable??? - I dont think so

Unbelievable...probably not but a good job definitely. I think he's acheived more that Martinez in comparison.

Moyes would be my first choice, when I first sat down and thought about it genuinely thought and still do he's be the best man for the job.

Wanted Carlo immidiately but then decided that considering he's probably be with us for a yr maybe 2 max before he left for a top European club - even with someone with his hype taking villa to the top 3/4 would be one hell of a challenge in the short term.

I think Moyes offers a long term benefit. I think he's shown loyalty at everton whihc will appeal to the board and his transfers have in the main been sound ones (id rather him be spending our money than rafa for a start) and he seems to have the nack of getting the most out of a small core of players like MON did to his credit.

Moyes or Sven second choice for me.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let the papers spout their shit. It will all serve as motivation for the players and whomever we get as manager once the season starts. The journos are always exaggerating to sell papers. We'll put them in their place eventually.

i heard last night we are in for a big big day does any1 know if that still is the case??

I've got a big day planned, gym and them stripping/sanding walls and decorating followed by baby sitting.

You can join me if you like then we would be in for a big day.

nah ur sound chap thanks 4 the offer tho the babysitting thing put me off

Dont blaim you, shes only like 10 weeks old or so which equates to nappy changing. Not a good sight at all.

Moyes is different league to Martinez.

He's turned a club with **** all money to spend apart from money they've been able to make from selling into a top 8 club and a club everyone hates playing against (in a 'Everton are a good team' way)

Right??

Commendable and no doubt a good job hes done. But its hardly world beating is it??

I refuse to put money on David Moyes (got enough on others for a start), but I really do not want this guy!

You prefer Martinez to Moyes? That's fairly out there as opinions go I must say.

Yep, I dont buy into all the Moyes hype. I think whether hes given money to spend or he makes money to spend he isnt 'that' good. The media hype around him is unbareable and ridiculous baring in mind hes won nothing.

He managed to finish above us most seasons, spending a miniscule ammount each summer to what we have in the past years. I think the hype surrounding Moyes is understandable. I don't undersand the hype with Martinez though, survived by the skin of his teeth in 2 seasons at Wigan, where Bruce the 2 previous years was reasonably comfortable with that club.

We all know its Moyes although deal is not done yet though some interesting tweets off Villa insider.

Kind of answers why Hughes resigned and everyone thought us

Villa_Insider AstonVillaInsider

First contact this year 4th june. Contact was made last august -Moyes was interested but EFC said no. Moyes wouldn't quit-RL admired loyalty

When Martinez was staying, whelan had nothing to lose by going public. Complimented AVFC but secures PR coup, boosts fan morale and st sales

Deal was similar with wigan and all other clubs - 'stay quiet or all bets are off'. Same between SAFC and AVFC on bent transfer.

Media will not be briefed by AVFC or EFC on this, as per deal agreed between Faulkner and Kenwright.

AVFC asked fulham for permission to speak to hughes. Were denied. Hughes quit, expecting a clear path to job. Lerner instantly turned off.

Moyes over Matinez any day of the week. Moyes is perfect for Lerner and this club to be fair.

Loyal and well respected in football

Good record of bringing nurturing youngsters - Rooney, Rodwell, Coleman

Good at picking up bargins oversea - Bilyaletdinov, Piennar, Fellaini, Arteta

Good at spoting potential from lower leagues - Cahill, Jagielka, Lescott

I'm pretty sure someone could provide a list of the horrible signings he's made as well, but overall I'd argue he knows what he's doing in the transfer market

Agree with everything... other than Fellani wasn't a bargain... he cost nearly £20m when £20m was a hell of a lot of money on a player and in doing so spent his whole summer budget on one player. He did however turn out to be a success so it would seem his talent potential is much better than anything we have had since Big Ron's days.

Moyes over Matinez any day of the week. Moyes is perfect for Lerner and this club to be fair.

Loyal and well respected in football

Good record of bringing nurturing youngsters - Rooney, Rodwell, Coleman

Good at picking up bargins oversea - Bilyaletdinov, Piennar, Fellaini, Arteta

Good at spoting potential from lower leagues - Cahill, Jagielka, Lescott

I'm pretty sure someone could provide a list of the horrible signings he's made as well, but overall I'd argue he knows what he's doing in the transfer market

Yup

Unbelievable...probably not but a good job definitely. I think he's acheived more that Martinez in comparison.

Moyes would be my first choice, when I first sat down and thought about it genuinely thought and still do he's be the best man for the job.

Wanted Carlo immidiately but then decided that considering he's probably be with us for a yr maybe 2 max before he left for a top European club - even with someone with his hype taking villa to the top 3/4 would be one hell of a challenge in the short term.

I think Moyes offers a long term benefit. I think he's shown loyalty at everton whihc will appeal to the board and his transfers have in the main been sound ones (id rather him be spending our money than rafa for a start) and he seems to have the nack of getting the most out of a small core of players like MON did to his credit.

Moyes or Sven second choice for me.

I think its impossible to judge what Martinez and Moyes have achieved as Martinez has only been at it 3 years.

The results at Wigan havent been great, but hasnt he reduced the wage bill by a large amount in the process. Not exactly had a lot to work with himself and Wigan certainly dont have the foundations of a team like Everton.

I just think weve missed out on Martinez. It was a risk, but he had that uncertainty about what he could actually achieve.

I think we know what Moyes could achieve with us - a shocking start, lots of bumming from the media about how tough life is for him, a good end to the season (with exactly the same problems (or lack of problems imo) that hes endured all season and a decent 7th or 8th finish.

He's turned a club with **** all money to spend apart from money they've been able to make from selling into a top 8 club and a club everyone hates playing against (in a 'Everton are a good team' way)

Right??

Commendable and no doubt a good job hes done. But its hardly world beating is it??

But then the list of 'world beaters' qeueing up for the job is'nt that long....is it?

Right??

No but it's a very good job done, more than what Martinez has achieved.

You are totally deluded. MON did this too, and we gave up on him cause he could go no further, What makes you think Moyes is this exciting manager he cant and wont improve us.

he's hardly got shite playes

Arteta

Osman

Cahill

Jagielka

Bains

Beckford

Saha

Rdwell

Fellaini

Many would argue he should be doing better with these players.

Our team is no better than Evertons, if we are happy with top 8 go for it. But for me we will just be equal to Everton if we take Moyes.

Also he is hardly worth the & million quid buy him out of his contract.

Now Hughes im 50 50. After all the talk he will have alot to prove.

Right??

But then the list of 'world beaters' qeueing up for the job is'nt that long....is it?

nope, good point. Theres no doubt my beef is with the media/pundits who make out he is a world beater

What did Bickster say ?

"If you can still get Moyes at 5-1 take it, take it now"

I saw Gareth's tweet last night as well. If anyone would know the crack it would be him because he lives in the area and what's more he's a taxi driver IIRC.

When my ex ran the taxis in the Lakes, there wasn't anything that we didn't know within about a 50m radius of the town, given 20 minutes of something happening.

Right??

No but it's a very good job done, more than what Martinez has achieved.

You dont need me to tell you the difference in time lengths of being a manager in both cases.

You are totally deluded. MON did this too, and we gave up on him cause he could go no further, What makes you think Moyes is this exciting manager he cant and wont improve us.

he's hardly got shite playes

Arteta

Osman

Cahill

Jagielka

Bains

Beckford

Saha

Rdwell

Fellaini

Many would argue he should be doing better with these players.

Our team is no better than Evertons, if we are happy with top 8 go for it. But for me we will just be equal to Everton if we take Moyes.

Also he is hardly worth the & million quid buy him out of his contract.

Now Hughes im 50 50. After all the talk he will have alot to prove.

I find your reasoning regarding Moyes vs Hughes rather interesting. You look at their records and dismiss Moyes while remaining 50-50 on Hughes. I mean, obviously, we will never know beforehand how something turns out, but how do you arrive at the conclusion that Hughes is 50-50 while Moyes is a no-goer?