• Poyet
    • Coyle
    • Rijkaard
    • Other (Please State)

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When people write they think that the way we have handled this manager situation poorly, or that we are looking like a circus, I get this image in my head of a little boy throwing a tantrum because he's not allowed to open up his Christmas present early.

Grow up kids - in two weeks time you will have forgotten about this "delay" which is less than the time Chelsea have taken to appoint their manager.

I'd just like to say that I have no problem with how long it's taking and I'm not having a tantrum I just don't enjoy my club looking foolish and being hammered nationwide by the media.

And again we're still ignoring the fact Martinez didn't even want to talk to us.

When people write they think that the way we have handled this manager situation poorly, or that we are looking like a circus, I get this image in my head of a little boy throwing a tantrum because he's not allowed to open up his Christmas present early.

Grow up kids - in two weeks time you will have forgotten about this "delay" which is less than the time Chelsea have taken to appoint their manager.

Exactly the same image I have. of course we all want to know but we have been told many times the Board will not act through the media. That's no bad thing in my book.

Completely agree. At the end of the day, if Dave Whelan jadn't have shouted his mouth off, then nobody would be none the wiser and the process could have continued in the same vain, instead, he did and now it gives everyone the ammo that RM 'turned us down'.

I'd just like to say that I have no problem with how long it's taking and I'm not having a tantrum I just don't enjoy my club looking foolish and being hammered nationwide by the media.

And again we're still ignoring the fact Martinez didn't even want to talk to us.

Martinez didn't have the chance to talk to us.

We just lined him up as a potential candidate but we obviously now have bigger plans.

The only thing being said was that Martinez was either choosing Villa or staying at Wigan. What was we being hammered about

All last night and this morning was constant speculation that Martinez had spoke to us and was going to turn us down.

You can't seriously think we look good at the moment. The biggest media outlets in the country are taking the piss and IMO this could have been prevented.

I guess it just depends on how much you care what other people think. Personally, I don't care and I know managers/players understand the media and won't think anything of it.

Well we'll see who we end up with and what players stay before we can claim players and managers don't care. You might not care but surely you can see why some fans do.

Once again it's a randy is untouchable thing. The biggest media outlets are taking the piss and having a field day. We still need to protect the image of the club and it wouldn't take much to make us look less shambolic than we currently do.

Even if we do go out and get a wow manager in the end, all this could have been prevented.

They only take the piss because (although hardly taking the piss?) :? because they know **** all and everything is guesswork.

If we get a wow manager, this could have been prevented??? what prevented, worry of fans because we don't have patience or trust? I'm not worried at all and if we appoint a 'wow' manager, I'm hardly going to care about what people were saying 3 weeks ago. :lol:

In my opinion, we have already spoke to or planned to speak to our potential manager and we have all our targets ready and lined up.

why should I care about what talksport/etc....think of us? :lol:

The media guessing at targets and writing articles and tweeting about who's been offered jobs and turned us down and blew us off is a way of painting the club and the Villa board as idiots. But **** all of them, seriously.

There were three PL jobs open last week. Jol had a previous relationship with Fulham dating back to last season! He was previously interviewed and was being pursuaded about the London job last year while putting the screws to Ajax. So yes he joined Fulham quickly this time around because the sales pitch was made last year.

Chelsea has no manager as of yet but things are flying back and forth in the papers about Hiddink who is a quality "name" so Chelsea are getting a free "pass" at their sitting around and waiting for an appt.

Villa won't say who they are targeting but others IE club owners and agents are suggesting that their clients and employees have been appraoched making it seem as they they have gotten offers and rejected them. But I can bull shit! Maybe those big names have not returned the club's interest but the media makes it out as though they have rejected a club job offer. Who knows if money was ever even discussed with Ancelotti et al. It probably never even got that far but that's a guess just like the media can guess. They just have the advantage because they put they guesses in HEADLINES trying to make us out to be fools.

That's all it boils down too, they're being stroppy because they can't open their presents.

How could this have been prevented exactly? What are you suggesting the club should be doing? Are you saying you want us to be like Harry Redknapp and give the media a running commentary of what's going on in our club, who we want to speak to and where we're up to with them?

You don't have to reveal everything but small bits of info at the right time would prevent the press from coming up with all this negative speculation.

Release a small statement to clear up Benitez and it stops all the shit about no money.

Release a statement yesterday to say we hadn't spoke to Martinez and it stops 24 hours of big media outlets making us look small time and taking the piss.

I despair that fans are so happy to accept their club looking this way. Once again expectations and standards drop. Longer randy is here the lower some fans expectations seem to drop. Very strange.

I despair that fans are so happy to accept their club looking this way. Once again expectations and standards drop. Longer randy is here the lower some fans expectations seem to drop. Very strange.

Oh yes of course.. if they don't agree with you "their expectation have dropped" speech.. :|

Take a step back and look at the facts which have come out from Villa. You are never going to control the media, so why are you getting upset with Villa over something which they are unable to control?

It's like me getting upset with my mum because my friend crashed my car. The two are unrelated.

Well said...Good things come to those who wait...Patience is a virtue...etc.

No media talk on Chelsea. Fair play to the board. In Randy we trust.

I don't give a toss what anyone else thinks, I'm real proud how my football club has and is continuing to handle looking for a new manager.....Although we fans don't have a clue what is happening, the media don't either, they're guessing just as much as us and I think that's great.

couldn't agree more. i'm finding it quite amusing how the sky sports fans on here and indeed the neutrals, are falling for all the media spin. the impatient fans and media hate the fact that villa go about their business quietly and professionally and they hate the fact that we're being as thorough as we are. the media want the manager and the story yesterday. the fans want the manager and the exotically named players yesterday. that's today's society for you.

personally, i think lerner's a genius, knows exactly what he is doing, and we may find in the end that randy has actually deflected it all brilliantly and gets the man that he wants, having exhausted all other potential avenus, to push the club forward..

Just out of interest, where does it say 'he' didn't want to talk to us?

Roberto met with his chairman earlier this week and he has made the decision to honour his commitment to Wigan.

Therefore, we have not met Roberto and we have not had the opportunity to discuss the vacant managerial role with him.