fifa 12

fifa09don

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think I've stumbled across the formula for getting a mega-rich Aston Villa. I'd done it once before, after starting a career in charge of Wigan. Avoided relegation in season 1 (during which Villa were taken over), then finished comfortably mid-table in season 2 and was offered the Villa job with +£100m transfer budget. Seems this work every time, as I started another career mode with Wigan last night (post January squad update) and Villa got taken over again in season 1. I'm at the start of season 2, have to see if I get offered the job at the end of it.

THE SYSTEM WORKS! It took 3 seasons this time instead of 2, but it appears that if at any point you over-achieve your league objective with Wigan the Villa job will be available, and as Villa always get taken over during the first season of a Wigan career mode you should be stinking rich.

Right, I'm off to buy Messi.

Playing head to head seasons at about 3am this morning and after months of trying I only needed a point to finally win division 1. As usual I use villa in a vital game and guess who I was up against? SHA! You could not have made it up! The guys gamertag was something like 'marcbcfc' which just added to the occasion. So after holding onto the ball for the first 5 minutes, a comfortable 4-2 win was the result. Wonderful!

Of course this was followed by a message to 'marcbcfc' informing him of my glorious victory and the obligatory SOTC :D

Thank you fifa, you made my night.

Playing head to head seasons at about 3am this morning and after months of trying I only needed a point to finally win division 1. As usual I use villa in a vital game and guess who I was up against? SHA! You could not have made it up! The guys gamertag was something like 'marcbcfc' which just added to the occasion. So after holding onto the ball for the first 5 minutes, a comfortable 4-2 win was the result. Wonderful!

Of course this was followed by a message to 'marcbcfc' informing him of my glorious victory and the obligatory SOTC :D

Brilliant :lol: The best thing like that I've come across was two years ago, the night before the derby (the Milner penalty one) me and my mate were playing online as Villa and we played against two SHA fans playing as them, after plenty of "sotv" messages we tanked them 6-2 and spammed their account with anti-SHA messages! Eat that!

:flag:

• 2 weeks later...

Amazing how much a great connection can change this game. I had to look after my cousins house for 2 weeks and took my xbox over. Comfortably won about 40 of 45 games. Obviously I get home when I'm in division 1 and get only 19 of the 20 points needed. My connection at home really does get shown up now I've played on a good one, feels like my players can't pass first time, shoot first time or even take a good touch.

Oh and the LB/1-2 pass really needs to be taken out of the game. I beat this lad who seemed pretty decent about 9-2 because I just abused it with quick players up front. Seems unfair that you can dominate a game when there's nothing your oppnent can do to stop it.

Oh and the LB/1-2 pass really needs to be taken out of the game. I beat this lad who seemed pretty decent about 9-2 because I just abused it with quick players up front. Seems unfair that you can dominate a game when there's nothing your oppnent can do to stop it.

This seems bizarre to me. He just needs to learn how to defend it properly

This seems bizarre to me. He just needs to learn how to defend it properly

It's understandable on Ultimate Team where the game gets sped up and it becomes a bit silly. (Why have they done that anyway?)

Does anybody ever come up against people who play 5 at the back and hope for a counter? It's annoying when you get those, not because they win, but usually you end up being camped out in the their half with no real chance of getting through. Who buys the game and decides I'm just going to defend all the time?

Does anybody ever come up against people who play 5 at the back and hope for a counter? It's annoying when you get those, not because they win, but usually you end up being camped out in the their half with no real chance of getting through. Who buys the game and decides I'm just going to defend all the time?

Think every game I play online is against 5 at the back.

I generally go with the very bottom formation on the list (3-4-3 with a diamond midfield) which works pretty well against it usually. Especially if you have quick defenders.

**** me Div 1 is full of bellends.
It is. Once I got there I lost a little will to play, you get the odd good game but even then, if they take the lead they turn into dicks.

**** me Div 1 is full of bellends.
It is. Once I got there I lost a little will to play, you get the odd good game but even then, if they take the lead they turn into dicks.

I lost the division 1 title in the last game and haven't played since. I just don't enjoy playing with those players.

Managed to take Chesterfield to the promised land in Career Mode. Managed to wheel and deal and get Zanetti as my DM, Juanfran as my LB and Van Buyten as a decent CB.

Biggest surprise was picking up Grant Holt on a free transfer and he can finish like Rik Waller over a bowl of spaghetti and meatballs. Also picked up a great striker in Havard Nielsen, from Valarenga. Very very fast.

I play 5 at the back but I actually play attacking football.

I have won almost every game since I changed to 5-2-2-1 formation

with Villa I use:

.....................Given

Hutton Collins Dunne Clark N'zogbia

................Petrov Ireland

Albrighton.....................Agbonlahor

......................Bent

I play 5 at the back but I actually play attacking football.

I have won almost every game since I changed to 5-2-2-1 formation

with Villa I use:

.....................Given

Hutton Collins Dunne Clark N'zogbia

................Petrov Ireland

Albrighton.....................Agbonlahor

......................Bent

You mean you abuse speed down the flanks and get lots of open net tap ins or break aways.

Â