Italian Football

Troglodyte

Excellent game. Really enjoying Serie A at the moment, Rome Derby didn't disappoint.

On a side note, did anybody see the other results from Serie A yesterday?

0-0, 0-0, 0-0, 0-0, 0-0, 0-2

thrilling stuff :D

Juventus President Andrea Agnelli has confirmed that this will be Alessandro Del Piero’s final season at the club.

Speaking at a shareholders meeting on Tuesday, the Signora chief admitted that the No 10’s playing career with the outfit will end in the summer.

“Our captain Alessandro Del Piero really wanted to stay with us for what will be his final year in Bianconero,” Agnelli noted.

“Let’s dedicate a massive round of applause to him.”

There has yet to be a comment from the Del Piero camp, but it was widely accepted before today’s announcement that the Italian would leave in 2012 at the end of his contract.

The veteran, who signed a new 12-month deal earlier in the year, will celebrate his 37th birthday in November.

The Azzurri international joined the Turin giants in 1993 from Serie B side Padova and he’s gone on to break numerous club records.

He’s also won just about every major trophy with the side, as well as staying loyal to the Old Lady following their demotion to Serie B in 2006.

It’s unclear whether Del Piero will retire from the game next year or go and play his football in a foreign country.

He’s already underlined that he wouldn’t play for another Italian team after Juve.

Football Italia

It gets thrown around alot nowadays, but a man fitting of the word legend.

Interesting that this hasn't come from Del Piero

noticed that myself. Probably best for both parties as his wages must be still really high. He was a smashing player.

He could do a Baggio and finish his career at a smaller club maybe his former club Padova if they come up as they are doing well so far

Id expect to see him in the MLS, Middle East or at a push Padova. I cant see him playing for another Italian or european club.

Besides this weekends boring scores, Serie A is shaping up to be av ery interesting season, and its happening at the perfect time for e as Imbored stupid of the Premier League

Nocerino of all people with a hat-trick for Milan in a 4-0 win over Parma. Zlatan with the other.

Napoli win 2-0 against Udinese, goals from Lavezzi and Maggio. Udinese had conceeded 1 goal before the game.

Inter draw 1-1 at Atalanta.

Think Juve and Milan will finish top 2. Think Napoli will get the last CL place. Inter really having a dreadful year. Good to see Udinese doing well despite losing 2 of their best players in the summer.

I've been suprised with Juve this year. Last year if they conceded, they went into their shells. This year, they're much more stubborn.

Still think squad wise Milan will win it, albeit after a VERY slow start to the season..

In January, Milan need to get 1 or 2 energetic midfielders as I can't see Seedorf or Gattuso keeping up what they're doing for much longer and I dont think the kids like El Shaarawry (sp), Nocerino or Emmanuelson having experience to do whats needed to grind out wins.

Â