Italian Football

Troglodyte

One thing I don't understand, how does a joint partnership work, what team gets the player to play for them? why would you pay money for someone who can't play for you? who pays wages? etc..
Co-ownerships are a bit shit, I don't see the point in them.

Teams don't pay money for someone who can't play. Usually Team A owns a player, then will sell half of him to Team B, the player will play for Team B for the season. It's the in between of a loan and a sale, you make money off the player, but then you still own half of his rights. If he turns out to be good, the bigger club may try to buy the full rights to him back.

I don't see the point and you might as well just loan out players. Co-Ownerships seem like throwing money away for the sake of it.

• 2 months later...

Roma for me. followed them since the early ninties. went to rome for the final game of 2001 v parma, which they won 3-1 to win the scudetto but could not get a ticket. Capello managed them and ha some great players namely Totti, Aldair, Cafu, Gabriel Batistuta, and Vincenzo Montella. looking forward to seeing them this year, hoping luis enrique can get them giong again after ten years of being the bridesmaid.

I'm gutted about Pippo :cry:

My fave Milan player in the current squad and about as much of a Milano legend as can be.

Allegri knows what he is doing though and its probably about the right time to bring through the younger kids. Milan have some real talent coming through I.e. Shaarwy and Kingsley.

He scored an absolute peach of a volley against Barca in pre season.

I hope he sticks around, although I know his childhood team enquired about taking him for a season or 2 before he retires.

I love you super Pippo! :D

Im sure El Shaarawy is young enough not to be registered

It's not just a matter of age apparently.

A player may be registered on List B if he is born on or after 1 January 1989 and has been eligible to play for the club concerned for any uninterrupted period of two years since his 15th birthday by the time he is registered with UEFA.

One thing I don't understand, how does a joint partnership work, what team gets the player to play for them? why would you pay money for someone who can't play for you? who pays wages? etc..

yeah it does seem a bit daft, from what i can gather from FM italy doesnt have reserve team football so they loan out or co-own shit loads of their players, they when they sit round the table at the end of the agreed co-own period and whoever bids the most gets the player

im sure roma just got CURCI (sorry gareth) and guberti for 1k and 9k at the end of their co ownership deals

trying to put it into context of us, imagine we paid spurs 2m to co own walker then at the end of last season both clubs had to put a bid on the table and whoever was higher got him, italians probably look at what we did ie pay a fee then have no chance at all of keeping him and think our way doesnt make sense and in a way i dont think they are wrong

It doesn't make sense for the 'selling' club though. Milan have put Paloschi out on co-own a few times and had to pay a decent price to get hum back, only to co-own hum with someone else.

So far they've probably paid upwards of £10m to get a player they had from the beginning, retarded.

Some of them wages are quite shocking for a top division club and would estimate most championship clubs have higher salary players than Udinese and Palermo.

Would love to see a PRemier LEague style version of this

Milan having the highest wage bill isnt really surprising. The fact that Mathieu Flamini is their second highest paid player is.

maybe cause he was a free agent, plus if i recall most senior players took a wage cut at Milan, IM sure Robinho on about 2 million less than he was on in England

I keep an eye on Sampdoria, cuz my ancestors came from Genoa. It doesn't hurt that they play in the best stadium in Italy.

In general though, watching Italian league football puts me to sleep. Typical negative tactics...and woeful atmosphere for most games. For a top league, there's an awful lot of half empty stadiums that are little more than crumbling concrete bowls...

Milan drew 2-2 at hme with Lazio last night in the season opener. Not a great result, but then they never beat Lazio last season either.

Napoli currently 2-1 up at Cesena. Good squad this season, at 1-1 they bought on Hamsik and Pandev on! Got better attacking depth than some very top sides.

Â