Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

2 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

They all drive motorbikes.

Those are the tourists, the natives are still using a pony and cart and the tax exiles just buy a new car and say its a company vehicle by sticking an advert on the exhaust pipe

• Like 2

I don't think you see it as much anymore, but a few years back when there was an election every lampost would be adorned with signs from the major political parties with the name on their candidate on.

This kind of thing, except I remember them having candidate names on

Election-posters-on-a-lampost..jpg

And I used to wonder about the logic of it. It would just be lampost after lampost of the same signs with the same names on it.

Do people really base their voting decisions on this?
Is it one of those things where you HAVE to do it because the other parties are doing it so you don't want to be the one party that doesn't. A bit like having nuclear weapons :D 

Nobody actually needs them. But you have to have them because other people have them

Edited by Stevo985

29 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't think you see it as much anymore, but a few years back when there was an election every lampost would be adorned with signs from the major political parties with the name on their candidate on.

This kind of thing, except I remember them having candidate names on

Election-posters-on-a-lampost..jpg

And I used to wonder about the logic of it. It would just be lampost after lampost of the same signs with the same names on it.

Is it one of those things where you HAVE to do it because the other parties are doing it so you don't want to be the one party that doesn't. A bit like having nuclear weapons :D 

Nobody actually needs them. But you have to have them because other people have them

I think and I might be wrong that they started removing the actual names because that would count towards each candidates election expenses whereas without the names they became part of the parties national election expenses and economies of scale obviously play a part there too. (even though they all get them printed by friendly printers who do it at non-profit prices)

But yes, it's definitely your nuclear weapons theory, which is why certain candidates in certain seats from certain parties might get jack shit from the national party at the next GE as certain parties might not actively try to win that seat

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It's mostly, I think, the billboard equivalent of spam e mail, or junk mail - I'm pretty sure most people completely ignore it. Personally I like to swear at the blue ones as I pass by.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

When the Gresford thread will stop being bumped.

The fanboiness is astounding.

You know we all had a meeting don't you Rob? We decided to keep it going just to get the rise out of you. ;)

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, choffer said:

You know we all had a meeting don't you Rob? We decided to keep it going just to get the rise out of you. ;)

You know, I wouldn't put it past you lot!

25 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

It's been 97% hissy fit posts since he left tbf

It's like the ex girlfriend who posts about your penis size on Twitter. Can't get over it/him/whatever.

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Wait what have you heard?

All I see is a man who can't stay out of the Grealish thread, fauxtraged at the updates, now using penis metaphors for some strange reason.

• Haha 2

So, I've driven a lot of different cars this week,  I've been moving cars between our sites and stuff

Every single car I've been in (10+) has the radio on FM not DAB but more illogically on a station on FM that is on DAB

Why would you do that? Why would lots of people do that? DO they not realise that the sound quality is that much better on DAB?

15 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Wait what have you heard?

9 minutes ago, BOF said:

All I see is a man who can't stay out of the Grealish thread, fauxtraged at the updates, now using penis metaphors for some strange reason.

spacer.png

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, bickster said:

So, I've driven a lot of different cars this week,  I've been moving cars between our sites and stuff

Every single car I've been in (10+) has the radio on FM not DAB but more illogically on a station on FM that is on DAB

Why would you do that? Why would lots of people do that? DO they not realise that the sound quality is that much better on DAB?

Can of worms here but for me in Staffordshire I stick to FM as it handles a weaker signal better. Dab just goes silent. 

Â