Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

14 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I support the Tampa Bay Buccaneers because I bought one of their hats on holiday. 

They also have a wooden ship in their stadium!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Walking round with a skull and crossbones on my hat makes me feel like a double hard bastard as well.

You should get the retro one :trollface:

BUCS_LOGO.jpg

my mate supports the packers because he was stuck at an airport somewhere in america and they won the game that was on in the bar, first time he'd watched NFL

and that ship in the buccaneers stadium looks awesome

i do know a bloke who is a patriots fan "cos of England innit" but they definitely seemed like utd fans / rats this year

I just can't for my life accept it as a sport. Running around with an egg calling it football, while wearing a ton of protective gear. Not to mention they are all roided to feck. Then there's the absolute carneval of bullshit that surrounds it. Fake bullshit up there with WWE. 

2 hours ago, Xela said:

They also have a wooden ship in their stadium!

That's why I supported them when I was younger. I always chose them on Madden because of that ship.

Luckily the period I supported them and actually followed the NFL for a while was the period when they won the superbowl

43 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I can't imagine watching a sport so dull that  half time is what people look forward to.

Takes me back to the Lambert days. 

• Like 1

and me, its overtaken the PL, the whole thing is just a fairer more competitive system, perfect sunday night watching NFL playing football manager sending some strategic emails pretending to work

people cant see past pads and fat men

the pads are misunderstood, there isnt the technique in tackling that rugby has, these guys just smash each other, flip its on its head the pads are just to protect the player being hit they're also there so that the player doing the hitting doesnt need to give as much thought as to what they do, i think in general tackling is less skill but its just more outright violence than rugby and then the other side of the game is probably as skilful as any sport going, the majority of these guys if they weren't in the NFL would be sprinters, basketballers, baseballers, wrestlers, how many rugby players are turning down football or cricket to play rugby? not many

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

and me, its overtaken the PL, the whole thing is just a fairer more competitive system, perfect sunday night watching NFL playing football manager sending some strategic emails pretending to work

the pads are misunderstood, there isnt the technique in tackling that rugby has, these guys just smash each other, flip its on its head the pads are just to protect the player being hit they're also there so that the player doing the hitting doesnt need to give as much thought as to what they do, i think in general tackling is less skill but its just more outright violence than rugby and then the other side of the game is probably as skilful as any sport going, the majority of these guys if they weren't in the NFL would be sprinters, basketballers, baseballers, wrestlers, how many rugby players are turning down football or cricket to play rugby? not many

My problem is some players never touch the ball unlike in rugby, not that I like rugby very much anyway.  If I had to watch either, I'd go for rugby league which has the big tackles and without the booting the ball back and forth and no interminable failed scrums.  

On 27/01/2019 at 13:24, colhint said:

Is Twitter the modern version of, a bloke in the pub told me?

To some extent, yes.

Though one can then go on to say that the bloke in the pub was actually the Professor of Cunning at Oxford (or any actual position of verifiable expertise).

10 hours ago, villa4europe said:

It's the helmets.

As soon as you give them helmets (which are necessary given how they tackle in NFL) then everyone needs pads.

If you took one of those helmets at full speed to an unprotected chest or thigh or shoulder it would be **** agony.

11 hours ago, villa4europe said:

the other side of the game is probably as skilful as any sport going, the majority of these guys if they weren't in the NFL would be sprinters, basketballers, baseballers, wrestlers

Lost your argument, right there. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Wrestling is funny because it's by far, one of the most psychically demanding things a person can do, but because the outcome is pre-meditated, it can't be a sport. (WWE/F) that is. 

I have a great fondness for wrestling, but has always amused me that it's on Sky Sports over here. 

Guess it was just an easy way for Sky to get people to pay for it.

Â