Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

16 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I paid cash for a few items yesterday as it happens.

Admittedly, it was mainly so I could acquire a pound coin in change so I could hand that over to the attractive young woman who sells the big issue outside the shop.

I’m playing the long game there.

Hope you get a result.

• Thanks 1

On 25/03/2022 at 17:19, rjw63 said:

Y'know, you're never gonna survive. 

Unless... 

You go a little crazy. 

in an insane world, I doubt not being crazy is any mark of sanity.

(I hear ya)

Edited by Seal
is now a little closer to my sentiment

23 minutes ago, Seal said:

in an insane world, I doubt not being crazy is any mark of sanity.

(I hear ya)

I fear my lyrical joke has escaped everyone 🤨🙄🤪

On 25/03/2022 at 21:16, Xela said:

Might be me in my little bubble again but the amount of people who pay for their shopping at the self service checkouts with cash. Some of the tills are card only and always empty. Don't people have debit cards? 

I haven't paid cash for my shopping in 20 years. 

Over the weekend I went to the local chippy for the first time since I moved house. Cash only. I was genuinely stunned, I don't think I've withdrawn cash for anything since before the pandemic. So anyway, I had a curry over the weekend.

51 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Over the weekend I went to the local chippy for the first time since I moved house. Cash only. I was genuinely stunned, I don't think I've withdrawn cash for anything since before the pandemic. So anyway, I had a curry over the weekend.

I'm pretty sure the big chippy on the main road in kiddy is card but all the others I use are cash only 

Would say for a business that size its still fairly normal, wouldn't be surprised if they paid the staff and a lot of their vendors in cash too

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Apart from buying stuff from overseas with my Visa card,we pay cash for everything else.

7 hours ago, Davkaus said:

People taking more cash to evade mr taxman 

5 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Does anybody else use lines from films or tv shows when they talk in everyday life?

Not just random lines it's got to fit the message you're trying to relay, but you say the exact line in the voice or accent from the film.

Probably at least once a day I use a Seinfeld or an inspired by Seinfeld line. Referring to Whales as fish, describing people as close talkers, close walkers, etc, if there is a Senfeld line I will use it. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

And this is one of my favourites from recent times

This is hilarious but not quite as painful because at least the team-mate was just as daft and you could both have a laugh about it. And although it was a ridiculous answer, even if they'd understood the question, they probably wouldn't have got it.

The scathing look from the girl in the previous video would be one of those things I think about and cringe for decades to come. Awful.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Does anybody else use lines from films or tv shows when they talk in everyday life?

Not just random lines it's got to fit the message you're trying to relay, but you say the exact line in the voice or accent from the film.

All the time. My favourite is: "Don't apologise - it's a sign of weakness". 

Â