Things you often Wonder

mjmooney

11 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Are there any situations where an out of court settlement is viewed as anything other than an admission of guilt?

Happens lots when the costs to defend are just going to exceed what's being claimed. 

It hurts but unless you just want to piss money away to prove a point its often the best route. 

12 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Are there any situations where an out of court settlement is viewed as anything other than an admission of guilt?

A lot I would imagine, especially if you are super rich. 

Court cases and having to turn up in person or pay someone an amount of money to **** off. The amount that is probably small change for you. 

Why are about 75% of goal celebrations the same now? Run fast and drop to your knees for an exaggerated slide. 

My knees ache just thinking about it! 

11 minutes ago, Xela said:

Why are about 75% of goal celebrations the same now? Run fast and drop to your knees for an exaggerated slide. 

I always imagine doing it in Sunday league. Knees hit a pile of dog poo, or a bolder, end of your career.🤣

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Xela said:

The elite pitches get watered and they have synthetic underlay so that the ball zips around and the grass is nice and even. Always quite entertaining watching a Premier League player go for a knee slide on a dodgy pitch and just flipping over their knee or grinding to an embarrassing halt.

Personally think goal celebrations peaked in the 90s and early 2000s. When was the last time you saw something as good as Gazza's dentist's chair or Ketsbaia just booting the shit out of the advertising hoardings. Reckon they're now all so self-aware from Instagram etc they're obsessed with having trademark celebrations and getting a good pic for their Insta feed.

Worst celebration is Gareth Bale's heart or anyone who still does that thumb sucking thing.

The last great celebration was Jimmy Bullard impersonating Phil Brown.

Game's gone

Edit: sorry, correction. Douglas Luiz jumping into the Holte End. Any player who takes the yellow for jumping into the stands has still got it, and is keeping football alive.

Edited by KentVillan
  • Like 4

37 minutes ago, bickster said:

Did that goalie travel to the game in a DeLorean?

Unsure if you’re kidding, but in case you are wondering where that’s from, it’s a Mr Cholmondley-Warner sketch from Harry Enfield and Chums.

It’s the 1930’s Arsenal team vs the 1991 Liverpool team who were playing for the first time in black and white.

Edited by Mark Albrighton
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

You are usually correct on just about everything so I am assuming the same. She definitely was trying to topple the government. 

Was there any need for that? You woke up outta bed the wrong side?

I have read both sides on this story, an not twitter crap, (like where you should be posting with that reply), so it makes you think.

An if you could please quote some posts to back up your comment before talking Boll****s about a fellow poster. As far as I am concerned, I always listen to people more informed than me, an never play the I'm right you wrong character like a few on here.

• Haha 1

Her case is a strange one , but mainly seems to be based on her being dual nationality ,  an Iranian dislike of the BBC (who she was briefly associated with) which they see as an organisation trying to spread propaganda in Iran , and a photo of her protesting outside the Iranian embassy  

There may be more to it than that but factor in other dual nationality (western / Iranian)  prisoners Iran has and simpler explanations are generally better than more complex ones

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Her case is a strange one , but mainly seems to be based on her being dual nationality ,  an Iranian dislike of the BBC (who she was briefly associated with) which they see as an organisation trying to spread propaganda in Iran , and a photo of her protesting outside the Iranian embassy  

There may be more to it than that but factor in other dual nationality (western / Iranian)  prisoners Iran has and simpler explanations are generally better than more complex ones

Wow, released today, heading towards the airport now.

10 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Wow, released today, heading towards the airport now.

along with 2 others by the sounds of it ( Nazanin and Anoosheh Asoori ) 

guess the £400m cheque cleared 

• Like 2

Â