Situation vacant... who do you want as the new Villa manager

TrentVilla

Who would you like as our new manager?  

684 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like as our new manager?

• Moyes
    • Jol
    • Hughes
    • Coyle
    • Benitez
    • Lambert
    • Poyet
    • Martinez
    • Ancelotti
    • Deschamps
    • McLaren

You know what this what has Hughes won is really getting on my nerves. Let me be very blunt, WTF have we won in the past 16 years, exactly the same as Hughes has in his management career. And guess what Hughes is management career is a lot shorter than that. Man United have dominated our league for the past two decades so it has been difficult for many managers. I just think Hughes is a fit for Villa in terms of resources available and the squad we have.

games, lets see how many games he has won and his win ratio

then lets compair it to others

Fulham 43 14 16 13 win ratio = 1 win in 3 or 1.3 points per game

Man City 77 36 16 25 win ratio = 1 win in 2.1 or 1.6 points per game

Blackburn 188 82 47 59 win ratio = 1 win in 2.3 or 1.56 points per game

so the BEST he has done was after spending £230 million pounds on players and he manages 1.6 points per game

houllier for villa in a terrible season league and cup

played 39 won 14 drew 11 lost 14 win ratio = 1 win in 2.8 or 1.36 points per game

BETTER than hughes at fulham

so houliers first season which had all sorts of disruptions from the very start was more successful than hughes at fulham.

Oooops.

Houllier was working with better talent than Hughes had at Fulham. Also, all of Fulham's top strikers were injured for most of the first half of the season - Zamora, Johnson, Dembele. The only one scoring goals was a yank midfielder.

As for signings, many think Dembele was one of the best signings of the season.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was under the impression that chelski managers had a clause in there contracts.

That when the contract came to an end/was ended, that the manager could not manage in the same league

for a period of 12 months.

anybody else know anything about this?.

The London Evening Standard is reporting this lunchtime that Ancelotti managed to negotiate that clause OUT of the deal when they sacked him. The paper sees the Villa job as a straight fight between Ancelotti and Hughes.

linky

You know what this what has Hughes won is really getting on my nerves. Let me be very blunt, WTF have we won in the past 16 years, exactly the same as Hughes has in his management career. And guess what Hughes is management career is a lot shorter than that. Man United have dominated our league for the past two decades so it has been difficult for many managers. I just think Hughes is a fit for Villa in terms of resources available and the squad we have.

so the BEST he has done was after spending £230 million pounds on players and he manages 1.6 points per game

played 39 won 14 drew 11 lost 14 win ratio = 1 win in 2.8 or 1.36 points per game

so houliers first season which had all sorts of disruptions from the very start was more successful than hughes at fulham.

Oooops.

Houllier was working with better talent than Hughes had at Fulham. Also, all of Fulham's top strikers were injured for most of the first half of the season - Zamora, Johnson, Dembele. The only one scoring goals was a yank midfielder.

SSN news says that Sparky has a win success of 32% with Fulham. That's not very good. Too many drawers. Boring manager in my honest opinion.

wouldnt have anything to do with the fact that it was with an injury ravaged fulham side no?

they had a stable team, 11 players playing 22 or more games last season for them

they used 26 players in total throughout the entire season

we by comparison used 32 players and had 8 who had played 22 or more games, this includes luke young playing at left back and the disruptive dunne.

I was under the impression that chelski managers had a clause in there contracts.

That when the contract came to an end/was ended, that the manager could not manage in the same league

for a period of 12 months.

anybody else know anything about this?.

The London Evening Standard is reporting this lunchtime that Ancelotti managed to negotiate that clause OUT of the deal when they sacked him. The paper sees the Villa job as a straight fight between Ancelotti and Hughes.

linky

Presumably the negotiation being "This is clearly illegal - take it out"?

SSN news says that Sparky has a win success of 32% with Fulham. That's not very good. Too many drawers. Boring manager in my honest opinion.

wouldnt have anything to do with the fact that it was with an injury ravaged fulham side no?

they had a stable team, 11 players playing 22 or more games last season for them

they used 26 players in total throughout the entire season

we by comparison used 32 players and had 8 who had played 22 or more games, this includes luke young playing at left back and the disruptive dunne.

They had a stable team because they have no depth. Their three best strikers were injured for the first half of the season. After Zamora, Johnson and & Dembele (and he never fully recovered) came back they were difficult to deal with. Sparky also gives young players a chance. He is a players' manager.

better talent?

what good is talent if it doesnt want to play?

dunne, collins, warnock, ireland? no right back?

star players looking to leave, our top striker ( carew, 3 years top scorer) injured or not wanting to play?

every team has its excuses, we played 5 youth/ reserve players who clearly were not ready for the step up this season due to injury and suspensions

houlier still had a better return

Yeah, he did a rotten job at Burnley guiding them up for the first time in 30 years, and saving Bolton from the mauling that Megson created.

Got Bolton back up the league and a cup semi final. No Plan B?, i presume you can't let go of the that one game v Stoke. Fair enough, i don't expect everyone to get it. Hughes has done nothing whatsoever, a rotten & wasteful record in the transfer market, and took over a good side at Fulham.

Our debt is large enough, we need to appoint someone who's got an eye for a player, and on a budget.

Oooops.

Did Hughes spend 28 Million in the January Window? No didn't think he did and yet they still finished higher than us. Ooooops back to you.

Ancelotti would be a coup de grace

Villas-Boas I'd have a wet dream every night the guy's class, I remember my mate forwarding me a scout report he drew up ( Chelski Vs Newcastle in the Shearer / Owen days ) when he was Mourinhios underling and it's mind blowing I'll have to dig it out, but that's too "Hollywood" for an appointment. Plus he's still got a job to do at Porto and I don't think enough people would be patient enough much like Martinez if he came in.

heres the scout report - here

I'm sure my mates and I did exactly the same thing on a Saturday night for hours on end after a game verbally (and generally with a few beers). I actually wasn't that impressed with that report. I reckon there is a number of us fans that could do that. I now I watch games neutrally all the time when Villa aren't on and watch certain plays, weaknesses and so forth.....that was just documenting it all

Would love us to get Coyle. Successful everywhere he goes, teams play lovely football and his career is on the up and up. Think he'd be a brilliant appointment, and realistic.

Not me I don't rate him personally and he lacks a plan B

Ancelotti, Moyes and Hughes would beuch better IMO.

Ancelotti would be a coup de grace

Villas-Boas I'd have a wet dream every night the guy's class, I remember my mate forwarding me a scout report he drew up ( Chelski Vs Newcastle in the Shearer / Owen days ) when he was Mourinhios underling and it's mind blowing I'll have to dig it out, but that's too "Hollywood" for an appointment. Plus he's still got a job to do at Porto and I don't think enough people would be patient enough much like Martinez if he came in.

heres the scout report - here

I'm sure my mates and I did exactly the same thing on a Saturday night for hours on end after a game verbally (and generally with a few beers). I actually wasn't that impressed with that report. I reckon there is a number of us fans that could do that. I now I watch games neutrally all the time when Villa aren't on and watch certain plays, weaknesses and so forth.....that was just documenting it all

You should throw your hat into the ring

Oooops.

Did Hughes spend 28 Million in the January Window? No didn't think he did and yet they still finished higher than us. Ooooops back to you.

shit? who spent 28 million in january?

chelsea? liverpool?

i know villa didnt, so who are you talking of?

can i also check to see if teams get deducted points under the " its not fair, you have more money than me" rule?

ahh, they dont.

or should we go on the actual outlay from each club?

that season we spent 3 million pounds

we got £26 million for milner and £3 million for davies

we paid

£18 million for bent

£8 million on ireland ( still makes me sick)

£6 million on makoun

leaving a total spend of £3 million and im sure we sold sidwell for 1 million or so and shorey i thought we sold for £2 million? but not including them we paid out £3 million over what we made on transfers.

a quick look at fulham and they have spent more than we did

and as mentioned houlier achieved a higher points per game and better win ratio in his time at our club than hughes

oh dear