Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

today should be about passing and pace, they are slow at the back compaired to most teams.

gabby for heskey is a no brainer, heskey has piled on the weight and looks awful.

i would like to see downing on his corect side and ashley young on the right, it will cause problems for shorey if he plays as we can play it quickly behind him, having downing on the right may well slow it down to shoreys pace in which case he then becomes a decent defender.

i would be tempted to go with 3 across the middle of petrov nrc and makoun with petrov holding behind the other 2 so he can either pass it short or clip it over, i think he would be better than nrc at that and also link up fom defence.

it leaves the 2 who can run all day in the middle to support up front and support at the back, which should hopefully keep petrov from getting kncackered out after 60 minutes.

so either a 4-4-2 with gabby and benty or a 4-5-1 with benty on his todd.

we always seem to lose when teams play 3 accross the middle as we dont seem able to adjust.

3 points today though with benty popping in a couple and either downing or gabby popping one in , i can see them getting 1 or 2 goals themselves so a 3- 2 win for villa is my guess.

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Bannan is indeed playing I would like to see

Friedel

Walker Collins Dunne Young

Downing Bannan NRC Young

Bent Gabby

Ideally I would like to see Cuellar in CD but we know that isn't going to happen.

Makoun to start please. For NRC or Petrov, don't care which.

You simply cannot have been watching us recently as Petrov has been excellent since his return to the squad and NRC has been very poor.

Spot on, we have taken 7 points from a possible nice the last three games when Makoun has not started and Petrov has started.

Based on this i think it would be illogical to start changing the team!

I want Bannan to play we're pretty much safe now so lets try something else. Although we got the results we've still been looking quite poor in our recent matches.

--Makoun--Cocker---Bannan

Downing-----------------A.Young

---------------Bent-----------

is wee barry back from leeds already? was that not for the rest of the season?

I would certainly drop Heskey but unsure whether Gabby or Delph would be the better option. If we play Delph we will have more options in CM. However Gabby's pace away from home really causes opposing defenders problems. Odemwingie will be utilised for exactly that reason today and we need to counter their pace with our own. Push their players back into their own half and attack. Although we beat West Ham and played well it would be nice if we could really batter a team away from home this season.

I want Bannan to play we're pretty much safe now so lets try something else. Although we got the results we've still been looking quite poor in our recent matches.

--Makoun--Cocker---Bannan

Downing-----------------A.Young

---------------Bent-----------

is wee barry back from leeds already? was that not for the rest of the season?

He was called back a few days ago P3te!

It was posted in the VT section, but because every little article to do with every individual has to go in their individual threads that already exist... no-one realises unless they check every thread that pops to the top of the page!! (or SSN or AVFC.co.uk)

I think we should bring back the days when every article had it's own thread!

Anyway... WBA v Villa... ermmmm I'd love a win, I can see it being a tight game though. Hodgson has them ticking.

If Bannan is playing.. I'd like to see this:

----------- Friedel -------------

Walker Collins Dunne L Young

------------- NRC --------------

------ Makoun - Bannan ------

Downing -------------- A Young

------------- Bent ---------------

4-4-2 would mean we can squeeze in Albrighton or Gabby, but I think we could do well as a 4-3-3 Today.

(also, like a lot of people.. I'd like to see Cuellar, but it won't happen)

If Bannan is indeed playing I would like to see

Friedel

Walker Collins Dunne Young

Downing Bannan NRC Young

Bent Gabby

Ideally I would like to see Cuellar in CD but we know that isn't going to happen.

Playing a two man midfield with Bannan in it is suicide IMO. Plus Petrov has played well since he came in and no reason to drop him.

Maybe try a three man midfield with Petrov, Reo-Coker and Makoun?