Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again the Gods smile down on us as far as playing weakened teams in the run in.

The luck that has deserted us so many times before has finally come back at a time of our greatest need.

Still a difficult game though and we'll need to score at least twice to secure anything.

Very tough game. Hodgson has done a great job for them so far. One defeat since his arrival says it all. I'd take a draw no problem because I can honestly see us narrowly losing this! Having said that, if we get at them we'll score goals because like us this season West Brom have been poor at the back and let in some very soft goals. Bent is flying too so if the service is provided I can see him getting a couple. Come on Villa!!!

Very tough game. Hodgson has done a great job for them so far. One defeat since his arrival says it all. I'd take a draw no problem because I can honestly see us narrowly losing this! Having said that, if we get at them we'll score goals because like us this season West Brom have been poor at the back and let in some very soft goals. Bent is flying too so if the service is provided I can see him getting a couple. Come on Villa!!!

This.

I want Bannan to play we're pretty much safe now so lets try something else. Although we got the results we've still been looking quite poor in our recent matches.

--Makoun--Cocker---Bannan

Downing-----------------A.Young

---------------Bent-----------

I'd like to see

Friedel

Walker Cuellar Dunne Young

Downing Bradley Petrov Young

Gabby Bent

would give us a proper chance to assess Bradley while the rest of the team is as strong as possible.

Makoun to start please. For NRC or Petrov, don't care which.

You simply cannot have been watching us recently as Petrov has been excellent since his return to the squad and NRC has been very poor.

You're about 70% right (been limited to dodgy streams for the past 3 games), although Makoun for Petrov is more like-for-like than Makoun for NRC.

I want Bannan to play we're pretty much safe now so lets try something else. Although we got the results we've still been looking quite poor in our recent matches.

Pretty much agree with your formation but I would prefer to see Delph in there instead of BB.

Makoun to start please. For NRC or Petrov, don't care which.

You simply cannot have been watching us recently as Petrov has been excellent since his return to the squad and NRC has been very poor.

I have been watching and I'm with Crackpot. I think NRCs game has not been as strong because he and Stan do not work well together. I also wouldn't say Stan has been excellent.

NRC and Makoun is a better pairing for me. NRC's energy and he is the predominantly defensive partner with Makoun as the play maker. Makoun and Stan would be low energy and poor defensively, particularly against a Boggies three man CM.

Personally, I would match them with:

------------- Coker ------------

----- Makoun ------------------

------------------- Delph ------ Or possibly BB.

According to SSN Bannan will be playing today. Good move in my opinion.