• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

------------------ Friedel -----------------

Walker --- Cuellar -- Dunne --- Young

----------Reo-Coker -- Makoun ---------

-------------------- Delph ----------------

Downing ---------- Bent --------- Young

But we will probably start with the same XI again, perhaps with the exception of Gabby in for Heskey.

------------------ Friedel -----------------

Walker --- Cuellar -- Dunne --- Young

----------Reo-Coker -- Makoun ---------

-------------------- Delph ----------------

Downing ---------- Bent --------- Young

But we will probably start with the same XI again, perhaps with the exception of Gabby in for Heskey.

Rightly so in my opinion. Regardless of the ideal team to put out, I think a bit of stability has been beneficial over recent weeks. There's little reason to change the team that has managed to edge its way to the periphery of the relegation scrap.

However, had we lost the last couple of games, I would agree with the above team.

................Friedel

Walker.Dunne.Collins.Young

....Makoun.Petrov.NRC

Downing....................Young

................Bent

Subs: Marshall, Clark, Cuellar, Delph, Albrighton, Gabby, Heskey.

quote]

I'd go for this...

For me I think we should go the same team as last week but swap Gabby for Heskey as he has done enough to justify a start.

I will go for a 2-2 draw with Bent and Ashley scoring for us and Odemthingie and Thomas netting for them.

------------------ Friedel ----------------------

Cueallar- --- Collins -- Dunne --- Walker ---

--------- ---------

Downing-----Petrov--------Young --------Albrighton -

---------- Gabby--- Bent ---------

DEFENSE- Solid Physical defense (3 centre backs) - Dominates headers, tackle and blocks from set pieces attacking and defending!

MIDFIELD - Play with width and pace get the balls out wide, creativity needed in the centre and captain in the middle!

ATTACK - Simple our two best attackers!

Lets be honest playing with 2 holding defenders at home to stoke when you have just taken your best attacking player off after 68 mins is not the sensible thing to do!

Lastly - Leave your best players on the pitch!

Was downing injured during Stoke...?

This is the game i hate! My girlfriends family all support Albion so i dread losing to them. I was convinced we'd lose earlier in the season, yet we somehow won. Now im convinced we won't lose as we've found a bit of form, hope this doesn't end up like the Wolves game, i'd take a point now.

--------- ---------

DEFENSE- Solid Physical defense (3 centre backs) - Dominates headers, tackle and blocks from set pieces attacking and defending!

MIDFIELD - Play with width and pace get the balls out wide, creativity needed in the centre and captain in the middle!

Lets be honest playing with 2 holding defenders at home to stoke when you have just taken your best attacking player off after 68 mins is not the sensible thing to do!

A CB at RB,

a RB at Lb,

A LW at CM,

A LW on RW,

and a RW on LW.

Genius!

--------- ---------

A CB at RB,

a RB at Lb,

A LW at CM,

A LW on RW,

and a RW on LW.

Genius!

Thanks.

Tell me this specifically:-

- Did we play with three centre backs last season, what was our defensive record like last year?

- Has luke young (a right back) been able to do a job at left back, there is no reasons why Walker cant if he is as good as people make him out to be?

- Are Albrighton and Downing capable of swapping flanks to confuse the opposition...?

- Has playing two defensive midfielders at benefited us this season?

-Did we play a Right footed player Ahsley Young on the Left wing last

year.

Look foward to hearing your answers....!

But walker isn't that good defensively.

Luke YOung does well there because he can defend, and he knows how to play on the left.

Walker's biggest asset is his pace down the wing, getting to the byeline and whipping a ball in. On the left, he'll have to cut inside all the time, unless his left foot is as good as his right, which I doubt.

Assuming Walker would work there just because Young does is a big assumption.

Rest of your team isn't bad, although I'd personally keep Young on the wing as we've seen recently that he's much more effective there, and put Makoun or NRC in the middle. Leave Alrbighton on the bench for impact in the second half.

-------------------Friedel-------------------------

Walker---Cuellar--------Clark---------L.Young

----------------Makoun----Delph---------------

Downing-------------------------------A.Young

------------Abdomlahor---Bent---------------

In defence, I think we need to bring back Clark into the frame. I personally think he is the most composed and athletic CB we have. Him and Cuellar would be a great partnership .

Delph hasn't played a lot recently and i think he'd really enjoy a game like this. I was considering putting NRC in but he has played the last few games and I think it's a good sign that we can change players which are better suited to play against the opposition. Along with a tough CM like Delph, I think Makoun will do well, especially now that he'll want to prove he is good enough after getting dropped.

The front four are pretty much self explanatory. Abdomlahor has to come in now!

Abdomlahor definitely has to start. Looking forward to watching this one, missed plenty games recently.

Wouldn't change too much though, get a point tommorow and we can then change it around last 3 games. I don't want to go into the last 3 games, still needing a point, although I think we'll be safe with 41, you never know.

Abdomlahor definitely has to start. Looking forward to watching this one, missed plenty games recently.

Wouldn't change too much though, get a point tommorow and we can then change it around last 3 games. I don't want to go into the last 3 games, still needing a point, although I think we'll be safe with 41, you never know.

who is this abdomlahor you speak of? A member of our reserves or Agbonlahor's evil twin brother?

who is this abdomlahor you speak of? A member of our reserves or Agbonlahor's evil twin brother?

I believe he is referring to how Houllier pronounced it in one of his first press conferences.

I believe he is referring to how Houllier pronounced it in one of his first press conferences.

He actually did it twice. :winkold:

Getting 'Abdomlahor' on the back of my shirt next year.

Also, he has to start if we're going for two up front