• A Young
    • Petrov
    • Reo-Coker
    • Heskey
    • Bent
    • Albrighton (for Downing 67)
    • Agbonlahor (for Heskey 79)

Your ratings and reactions please.

Keep it respectful even if you know everyone else is wrong.

[table color=#bccde9:7166c68e90][mrow][mcol color=#8c333c:7166c68e90]Aston Villa[mcol][mcol color=red:7166c68e90]Stoke

[row][col color=#8c333c:7166c68e90][col]0-1[col color=red:7166c68e90]Jones 20

[row][col color=#8c333c:7166c68e90]Bent 43[col]1-1[col color=red:7166c68e90]

[/table]

Turgid game, turgid tactics from Stoke but we can hardly expect much else. 9/10 behind the ball and a reliance on set pieces. They got away with a lot of fouls in the box and time wasting. Albrighton looked sharp when he came on, Bent's goal was excellent. It was always going to be a frustrating game.

Pretty awful game really. Don't expect anything less against an awful, atrocious and the biggest excuse of a team to ever make an F.A Cup final.

Just very disappointed that in the whole of the second half; the Stoke keeper didn't have one save to make. Ah well, an extra point.

Well earned point but should have really finished them off. Stoke are such an anti football team that its hard to create much and play well.

Petrov motm for me, looked solid and kept play moving with a few nice touches and passes.

Typical Villa lineup, predictable result. With no Makoun, and no Gabby, we played for the draw. There should have been some halftime changes. McAllister knew they were going to sit back, yet he kept two defensive minded midfielders who lacked any creativity in attack. Not to blame Petrov and NRC, I thought they did exactly what they needed to do, and Stoke's attack (if there was one) was forced wide. No idea why Pires or Makoun didn't come into the game. You have to go down fighting. Albrighton looked lively, Gabby came in too late, Bent MotM in boring match.

I don't mind a team playing to their strengths and I can fully understand why Stoke would sit back and rely on set pieces and Delap's throw-ins (he can really throw the ball that Delap, can't he?). What I can't stand is all the time wasting and holding on set pieces. So frustrating and tedious to watch.

I gave Walker MOTM just about he kept there biggest threat quiet in Etherington but he does need to learn that every time he gets the ball he doesn't have to just put his head down and run. Just pass it simply.

We needed to just shoot at times and have a go but we were trying to beat the men and walk the ball in.

Â