dudevillaisnice

You ate a whole wheel of cheese? Wow.. that's impressive.. I should be angry, but that's amazing.

I'm not even mad. I'm impressed.

And the guy you're thinking of is Matt Holland I believe. We were very close to signing him I believe, not sure why it didn't go through.

You ate a whole wheel of cheese? Wow.. that's impressive.. I should be angry, but that's amazing.

I'm not even mad. I'm impressed.

And the guy you're thinking of is Matt Holland I believe. We were very close to signing him I believe, not sure why it didn't go through.

He rejected us. He and his family wanted to stay in Suffolk.

Really wish we'd followed up our interest.

i thought we did but couldn't afford the £2m asking price ..so brought Kinsella instead

You bid for Cahill after we had, he came to talk to us first, signed there and then and dropped in to Villa on the way back to apologise. That's what I have heard off different people.

All your players rejected us apparently! First Felliani and now Cahill. Nice one 8)

See you in a couple of weeks.

i thought we did but couldn't afford the £2m asking price ..so brought Kinsella instead

You bid for Cahill after we had, he came to talk to us first, signed there and then and dropped in to Villa on the way back to apologise. That's what I have heard off different people.

All your players rejected us apparently! First Felliani and now Cahill. Nice one 8)

See you in a couple of weeks.

Where the hell have I said Fellaini rejected you? :? :x

Taylor said somewhere that he was ready to sign him, and then he got injured. Can only think that it would have been in the April before you signed him.

Ok well this is probably going to be a pretty long post and I don't expect a lot of people to read it but I'm posting it anyway. Bit of a rant.

Well, as much as Everton mean to me, they really do annoy the hell out of me. It seems the closer you get to the club the more you hate things about it. I'll start witht the obvious - the players. Now this season everyone can see has not been the best, but the majority of players are the same. Arteta has been below par for a year now and only the home game against Fiorentina I can actually remember him putting in a great performance. Yak has been awful this season, last year he actually proved me wrong, he has fantastic awareness and when he works hard he gets his rewards. This season he has hardly performed and he is not working hard like he was last season. I think he's got his eyes set on a reunion with Harry at Spurs. Lescott has started to believe his own hype and has been awful this season from a rather outstanding year last year when he hardly put a foot wrong. Phil Neville, no don't get me wrong, he is decent sometimes, but his woeful insistence on hoofing the ball down the line to noone, or straight out a good 5-10 times again does my head in. Then off the pitch, his embarrassing interviews, "Players vow to turn it around" etc. Do you talkin on the pitch already, every game we heard that and it never happened. He says other stuff but I don't even want to start on that.

Now one thing I've noticed lately is, everyone knows our midfield lacks pace, but theres no movement, noone moves into space, noone shows themself for the ball, noone wants the ball, and worst of all there is no fight or passion. I never thought I'd say that. Now it's all well and good scoring late goals but there was just no fight, our players turned up on Monday and would rather been at home watching it on tv with there feet up infront of the fire. They should be proud to play for our club and I think too many players are "safe" right now that they don't seem to care or fight for the shirt. It's what our club is all about, the fans dont care about the score at the end of the day, as long as every player comes off the pitch with sweat stained shirt and blood on there knees after giving 110% the fans will be happy. That's the way it is. Hence why Phil Jagielka is the only player probably to come out of the season so far, with his head held high.

Next, Moyes. No, I don't want him out and I'm not fickle. I admit, over the years there have been times when he has let me down and I have wanted him gone for good. Like after WBA, You and Bolton had all beat us 4 nil within like 3 weeks. The time when drawing 1-1 with Spurs at home, we need a goal and with 5 minutes to go, he takes off our only striker and puts on a right back!? Yeah, 2-1 we lose. BUT, he has always managed to swing me back round to the right way of thinking. That still doesn't stop me being mystified by some of his tactics and substituions. I sometimes think what planet he is on. Also he sometimes leaves it too late. Why give Vaughan 2 minutes to try and turn Boro apart? It's never going to happen.

Now the style of football, I admit it was pretty awful a few years back, but last year we played some of the best football I've ever seen us play, with Pienaar at the heart of it all. This season, we are so one dimensional, no ideas going forward and our midfield seem to be only able to pass sideways and backwards. I beg to think what they do on the training field cos it certainly aint pass and move. Then as soon as Neville or Lescott get's the ball it doesnt help when he shouts "hit the strikers". Just play football Moyesy, we were tearing teams apart with the ball on the floor last year.

Also he is one of the most organised man managers about, where has that disappeared to? We look completely different team to last year. The players have looked clueless at times, as though they have never met each other.

Now, onto the main point of my anger, the board and Bill Kenwrong. Lies lies lies. That's all I've been hearing from the club lately. It's unbelievable, they are so embarrassing. O, ok everyone knows we need a new ground/rebuild Goodison. Now I'm going to have a sly dig at the city council here because when we approached to use Stanley Park, they categorically stated there was no way it would be possible, Liverpool come calling and the roll out the red carpet.

Back on to my point, yes Goodison is unfeasable right now but why sign an "Exclusivity deal with Tesco and Knowsley council" meaning you cant talk to any other parties about possible destinations for a new ground? Then later claim that Liverpool City Council had no feasable place for the ground when they quite clearly has. I mean just recently, KEIOC (Keep Everton In Our City) produced a list of 39 other desitinations where the ground could be placed. Obviously a few of these won't be possible but some are. For example, one place that has been completely dismissed by the club (remember they want a 50000 seater ground at the start! - dont know why cos we wont fill it - with the possibility to rise to around 60-65000, that is what we were told) is the Loop site, actually in Everton. Liverpool apparently rejected it as too small for there plans, and Everton say it's not possible. HOK construction, which is probably the best firm in the world LINK says it is possible and even drew up a plan after taking measuements etc. Then Everton said it wouldn't be possible to extend to 75000 on there, which is not what we got told about Kirkby.

Next up, they sent out the voting papers and said it was unique and unprecedented, yet I forget but I'm sure there was a vote on whether we should move to the Kings Dock, way back when. So they sent out a leaflet with all the usual propoganda(We have to move, Goodison is costing us money, no choice, no plan b, the pretty pictures of the concrete square in the dark(rather than the daylight pictures that were released after as it makes it cheap and tacky looking, especially with a Tesco next door) and then say that people who own more than one season ticket under there name are only entitled to one vote, so if a family of 4 has 4 season tickets - all in the dad's name and he wants to vote yes but the other 3 want no, the dad gets to vote and the kids don't. I know a number of people who didnt even receive voting papers. Yet a small majority won the vote.

The ground will cost us next to nothing so they claim but it's gone from costing us £30million to nearly £100million now, and with our debt where will it come from in this economic climate? The club, or old CEO Keith Wyness (:evil:) sold off all our assets, we don't own our training ground, we don't own our club shop. All we own is Goodison Park, and the land on which the old training ground used to be. We have nothing to sell. If the Kirkby move goes through, we wont own anything because that is on a 999year lease and could be chucked out at any time.

I don't know if anyone has seen the Kirkby plans but there is like enough room for 1000 cars, any cars parked for longer than 90 minutes in the retail park area get clamped on a matchday. There is a 2mile residential exclusion zone, so you have to park 2 miles awya at the least, and walk, then there is only 1 train station and then 1000 spaces for bikes. Now how many people will drive there with the exclusion zone? How many trains will it take to ferry 45000 people in?

So KEIOC and shareholders call a EGM with the club, in which the club refuse to answer any questions diirectly and refuse to have a show of hand vote in favour/not of the move. Instead they do it based on shares and so the result is 97% in favour (because that is how much the big shareholders take up) compared to the 3% against, despite every single shareholder, except those on the board, voted No. After this, the shareholders try to call another EGM due to the lack of money/transfers etc and sad they would keep calling EGMs until the club listened to the fans. The club then change the rules and say 10% of shareholders now need to call it if there has been one within the past year, making it impossible for the fans to get there view across.

Not to mention our appalling debt, our lack of money and the fact that our inept EX CEO was so bad at his job he ended up sending a writ to a Japanese dentist rather than KEIOC group.

The worst thing is, I love them so much and can't walk away yet, no matter how much I want to. I'm fed up of all the lies and the way the club don't listen to the fans.

I could go on but I don't want to bore anyone I already haven't. I expect a few laughs, and not many people to read it but I those who do, thanks.

I'll leave with one last thought - Nil Satis Nisi Optimum - that's our motto. Nothing But The Best Is Good Enough. If that is the case why doe we always settle for second best? Sell up now Bill, take your lies with you. Your killing my club.

Edit: The point I'm trying to make is, we're going backwards right now.

I read it.

This bit

Why give Vaughan 2 minutes to try and turn Boro apart

presumably because thats all he was likely to play anyway given his injury record.

My point is though, against WBA and West Ham he was given 20 minutes or so, and turned the game our way. He was there raring to go, and he was fit at the time :?

Well I have to admit to my reply being less than serious. Certainly I coulnd't comment on his availability or performance against the other teams you mention as I dont really pay that level of attention to your results.

Anyone else got a sense of Deja vú from how Villa was about 3+ years ago? Should give you some hope, AG.

And one thing. It's impossible to walk away from a club for a true fan. You can't help it. That's the sad part about being a football-fan. IMO.

Edit: The point I'm trying to make is, we're going backwards right now.

I think those of us who read the post got that. :winkold:

Anyway, that post must have taken some energy/released some frustration. :P

It had to be done, the worst thing is I have so much more to say but I think that's enough :lol:

I let all my built up frustration out just there, well most of it anyway :winkold:

Anyone else got a sense of Deja vú from how Villa was about 3+ years ago? Should give you some hope, AG.

Hmmm. It might give hope, but at the same time if we hadn't been saved who knows where we would be right now.

I'd be very afraid. Everton look like a sinking club from where I'm sitting.

Â