dudevillaisnice

We were here before them, yet they get the name of the city great isn't it? :(

Exactly the same for us with small heath but in our instance smal heath actually broke an agreement that neither club should take the name of the city

Hasn't worked out too badly though has it? :)

Imagine if there had been broad agreement from directors at both clubs many moons ago.

Birmingham United? Why should the urchins down the road be allowed to lay claim to any of our early successes?

Quite happy we have the name we do have, it's one of the reasons I love the club.

Aston Villa, Everton, Tottenham Hotspur? Unique, individual.

Manchester/ Newcastle/Oxford United?

Manchester/ Bristol/ Birmingham City?

Bland, unimaginative.

Sod it, cant be arsed trying to have a discussion with someone more interested in twisting words.

Liverpool are and will always be ahead of Everton.

How hard can that be to understand!?!?!

Didn't need to twist your words, the weakness and inaccuracy of your original statement was easily open to ridicule by anyone who has a basic grasp of the English language and a vague knowledge of English football dating back further than ten years.

Sod it, cant be arsed trying to have a discussion with someone more interested in twisting words.

Liverpool are and will always be ahead of Everton.

How hard can that be to understand!?!?!

Didn't need to twist your words, the weakness and inaccuracy of your original statement was easily open to ridicule by anyone who has a basic grasp of the english language and a vague knowledge of english football dating back further than ten years.

There really is no need to try and insult me.

I made a comment, you took it the wrong way then failed to realise your mistake.

Both the crappist teams in their city and both will always be in the shadow of their rivals. A 50k stadium will not change that.

On the basis that always means just that : always as in they always finish lower than, there will always be an underclass, Birmingham City have/will always be a laughing stock.

It's a description/statement/ summing up that can only be based on past history/ indicators and current information to hand.

You've had the dictionary definition of the word.

It's been made clear to you that there is no realistic comparison between Everton/Liverpool and SHA or ourselves.

Care to revise your original statement?

If Artetas girl reads this could she answer me this query please?

What on earth happened with Marcus Bent at you lot?? He played brilliantly for a season in a 4141 formation, helped get you top 4...then you got rid a season later?

Always wondered.

I wouldn't say he played brilliantly, did he?

He was a lone striker in front of a very good creative midfield.. his work rate was quite poor and he didn't seem to offer a great deal to the team.. in my opinion.

I wasn't surprised they got rid of him and I think their strike force now is much much stronger.

Be interesting to see which Blackburn, and indeed which Everton turn up on Monday. With Hull picking up a point away and us picking up an unexpected point against Man Utd the pressure is on Everton a little to keep up. Especially with Spurs, Chelsea and us in the upcoming fixtures.

In that year we came 4th he was excellent. Ran his socks off week in, week out, scored important goals, held the ball up well and was pacy down the channels. The formation we played and style of play suited him and he was vital to us coming 4th nd I'll always love him for that. Then we signed Beattie, he was dropped out the team, or put on the wing and it never suited him. In games he did start, he wouldn't work hard and eventually just became upset at not playing so wanted to leave. He still loves the club though, and has said in many interviews since that we are the first club he looks out for etc, despite only being here 18months.

Zaki, Heskey, Koumas and Melchiot with late fitness tests. Boyce (who I think is a very underrated player) out suspended.

Fellaini is fit after missing Belgium game in midweek but Pienaar is out after knocking his knee again last week against Boro. Everyone else is fit. We should win, if we don't I'll be disappointed because our away record has been great only dropping points at Arsenal and Hull.

Â