dudevillaisnice

48 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I dont. Fans have been a disgrace in recent times. Hitting Digne with a weapon and that pitch invasion when somebody tried attack Vieira

Not to mention the dodgy Russian money

Fair enough but its not like we dont have a set of morons remember when our fans ran on the pitch when the game wasnt even finished in a cup game?

The majority of the evetonians are like us passionate and love their club

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

They could finish bottom below Luton and Sheff Utd.

They won't be that bad. Poor teams like Everton will always sprinkle in some horror performances but overall I think Dyche might get them 38/40 points. You also have to remember that we are miles better than about 8 or 10 teams in this league. There's a big gap between top 10 and the relegation fight in terms of quality.

They were very poor yesterday, I thought we had a good chance of winning, but was expecting Everton to make it difficult for us, but was incredibly easy, to the point where we could afford to rest players half way through the second half and then just basically comfortably see the game out, not a good sign for them, although they apparenlty played quite well against Fulham and were unlucky to lose.

They've got games coming up against likes of Wolves, Sheffield United, Luton, and Bournemouth, so coming fixtures aren't too unkind to them

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tegis said:

If they go down we tie/lose the "Most played fixture in English top football". And you KNOW how much the commentators well remind us that is is United-Arsenal from now on. 🤮

*Things that piss you off that shouldn't.

This is the main reason I don't want them to get relegated. It's a nice bit of trivia.

Dyche interview after the game and he pretty much through the team under the bus saying he would have subbed them all off at half time. When he put out such pathetic tactics

2nd week in a row he has looked downbeat and is morphing into his Steve Bruce phase, be gone by Christmas

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

Dyche interview after the game and he pretty much through the team under the bus saying he would have subbed them all off at half time. When he put out such pathetic tactics

2nd week in a row he has looked downbeat and is morphing into his Steve Bruce phase, be gone by Christmas

I dont blame him. They were pathetic and not even trying 

We would be furious with them if the roles were reversed 

Id say danjuma was only one trying

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I dont blame him. They were pathetic and not even trying 

We would be furious with them if the roles were reversed 

Id say danjuma was only one trying

He was the reason they were pathetic with his tactics. We would be fuming at a manager who did this against a team who got smashed the week before in front of a nervous crowd

• Like 1

A lot of media sympathy for Everton and also from Villa fans but not from me.

I still remember lack of sympathy when we went down seven years ago from the media and opposition fans and I recall Everton fans being the worst. Dismissing us a cr*p team (true, but so are they now) but also taking the p*ss out of us for comparing ourselves to them and thinking they were bigger than us.

They have got themselves into this mess for running their club atrociously bad and wasting money on players not fit for purpose. They will be very lucky to avoid a points deduction if they are found to have broken FFP rules through years of reckless spending.

Big club like us yes, and sad for them, but given how no one gave a care in the world for us I really couldn't give a f*ck about their current plight.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

He was the reason they were pathetic with his tactics. We would be fuming at a manager who did this against a team who got smashed the week before in front of a nervous crowd

I dont agree. They have had various managers there and been utterly shit. The players are dog shit and not trying

Just now, Demitri_C said:

I dont agree. They have had various managers there and been utterly shit. The players are dog shit and not trying

Whats that got to do with Sunday pathetic display.  He set them up to give us acres of space on the wings and left Patterson and Young exposed. Gave his players no chance

It was Gerrard like tictacs

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Whats that got to do with Sunday pathetic display.  He set them up to give us acres of space on the wings and left Patterson and Young exposed. Gave his players no chance

It was Gerrard like tictacs

How do we know he setup like that and it just wasnt the players trying or applying the tactics correctly?

The mistakes for the 3rd and 4th were absymal from Everton 

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

How do we know he setup like that and it just wasnt the players trying or applying the tactics correctly?

The mistakes for the 3rd and 4th were absymal from Everton 

Because every time Digne had the ball he had 30/40 yards of space. Either he has lost the dressing room or he ia tactically clueless not to see it

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Because every time Digne had the ball he had 30/40 yards of space. Either he has lost the dressing room or he ia tactically clueless not to see it

They were probably happy for us to have the ball in wide areas as we’d be crossing for Watkins vs Tarkowski and Keane. As much as Digne had a decent game, the only real threat we had from him was Diaby’s volley - looked like poor defending.

Their tactics seemed to want to nullify the centre of the pitch thinking their defenders could deal with the forward threat. I don’t think there’s a massive amount wrong with that. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, bobzy said:

They were probably happy for us to have the ball in wide areas as we’d be crossing for Watkins vs Tarkowski and Keane. As much as Digne had a decent game, the only real threat we had from him was Diaby’s volley - looked like poor defending.

Their tactics seemed to want to nullify the centre of the pitch thinking their defenders could deal with the forward threat. I don’t think there’s a massive amount wrong with that. 

Yet they never once changed it up when they were down. Lacked any ideas or tactics

It was Bruce/Gerrardesque ineptness

On 23/08/2023 at 06:44, Leeroy said:

A lot of media sympathy for Everton and also from Villa fans but not from me.

I still remember lack of sympathy when we went down seven years ago from the media and opposition fans and I recall Everton fans being the worst. Dismissing us a cr*p team (true, but so are they now) but also taking the p*ss out of us for comparing ourselves to them and thinking they were bigger than us.

They have got themselves into this mess for running their club atrociously bad and wasting money on players not fit for purpose. They will be very lucky to avoid a points deduction if they are found to have broken FFP rules through years of reckless spending.

Big club like us yes, and sad for them, but given how no one gave a care in the world for us I really couldn't give a f*ck about their current plight. 

Other teams revelling in your demise can be looked on as a form of compliment in my opinion. It shows that you’re relevant. The bigger they are, the harder they fall and all that. We took the piss out of Newcastle big style when we sent them down - would we have reserved the same treatment for, say, Southampton? 

Fans of other teams taking the piss is part and parcel of football.

Personally, I have no real axe to grind with Everton and reading their forum, there’s an air of resignation around the club like there was with us in our dark times. I’d far rather reserve my energy for the hatred of multiple other teams (Sky 6, SHA etc) before them. 

• Like 3

Â