dudevillaisnice

46 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Of all the teams down there I'd love to see frank take them down. Show him up for the joker that he is  

Will be Rafa fault or Moshiri, Koeman or maybe Fellaini fault. 

Anybody but Frank

11 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

I think they’ll be fine, they have DCL and Doucoure to come back. It won’t be comfortable for them but they’ll survive.
Now Newcastle have improved, I don’t see relegation being anything other than Burnley, Norwich and Watford.

Im not sure it will have help. They crunble under smallest amount of pressure. 

Looking at the squad not many that will dig in for a result and show fight. Coleman be one but is finished now, maybe another is Pickford yet doesnt help he is an accident 😂

4 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Dont think they will get relegated. Early days for Lampard. Silly to judge after one game. The problems were already there, he has a big job on his hands. 

I dont think anybody is judging him after one game but for me Lampard comes across as a Sherwood style manager without the arrogance

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I dont think anybody is judging him after one game but for me Lampard comes across as a Sherwood style manager without the arrogance

I think he took on the Chelsea job too soon unlike Gerrard who is working his way up. Rangers was a great starting job for him. Right time right place. 

3 hours ago, PaulC said:

I think he took on the Chelsea job too soon unlike Gerrard who is working his way up. Rangers was a great starting job for him. Right time right place. 

Gerrard definitely seems a lot more humble, which is funny because I had the opposite opinion of both when they were players. Wasn't Lampard's career progression from academy to first team player fast-tracked by his uncle 'Arry? Definitely turned out to be the correct decision, but he strikes me as as someone who's been used to everything being on a plate for him simply because he's Frank Lampard.

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

Sherwood was arrogant wasn’t he? Remember his leaving statement . . . 

76EE3F3C-9F7A-4911-A67C-D584A116C9E3.jpeg.4ed22a28f8eff0a66cb963202f812c36.jpeg

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, punkiller1981 said:

Good to see Alli is still rubbish though, I’m feeling another manager giving up on him soon it’s not like he is the type of player you want or need in a relegation dog fight that they are very much in with an inexperienced manager 

It’s early days in his Everton career but I’d be absolutely shocked if he got anywhere near to his early Spurs form. 
He just doesn’t look like someone who really wants to do well. He’s got another contract to keep him in Rolls Royce’s and designer scruffs for a few more years.

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Gerrard definitely seems a lot more humble, which is funny because I had the opposite opinion of both when they were players. Wasn't Lampard's career progression from academy to first team player fast-tracked by his uncle 'Arry? Definitely turned out to be the correct decision, but he strikes me as as someone who's been used to everything being on a plate for him simply because he's Frank Lampard.

Yes he probably had a more previledged upbringing than Gerrard. Dad was a decent left back as well. 

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

Think the intensity of the our midweek game aaginst Leeds gives Everton the advantage. Expect them to beat Leeds tomorrow 

Dunno,  Everton got some injuries and if they do go a goal down then anything could happen.  They are supported by absolute clowns on the whole,  if they lose this then we can start hoping.

Lampard's tactical genius might come into play 🤣

4 hours ago, Jareth said:

Mina out for a few months. They could go. 

A lot of Everton fans are getting fed up with him now. Always injured, but always miraculously fit for Colombia games. Next international games are end of March - interesting to see if he is picked! 

5 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

Honestly think they'd have been better off with ferguson for the rest of the season. If they played like did against us 2nd half they'll be fine, all guts and thunder etc. I'm more surprised we didn't concede

It might be possible to get that kind of reaction as a one off after the manager changed but could you imagine the players doing that week in week out? I think you’d need more of a plan over the long haul. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

Honestly think they'd have been better off with ferguson for the rest of the season. If they played like did against us 2nd half they'll be fine, all guts and thunder etc. I'm more surprised we didn't concede

Don't forget they beat Brentford 4-1 in the cup under Lampard. He will be better long-term but the injuries are a problem.  They will win today!

22 hours ago, Mantis said:

Nah they'll be alright. Simply cannot see two of Newcastle, Burnley, Watford and Norwich overtaking them.

Pretty sure Norwich under DS have won 3 more league games since Everton last won in prem.

This was points difference in league in late September when Everton won 2-0 v Norwich;

Everton - 13 points

Norwich- 0 points

Shows how well Norwich have done to get pretty much level and how bad Everton have been.

Â