• Walker
    • Downing
    • A Young
    • Petrov
    • Reo-Coker
    • Heskey
    • Bent
    • Agbonlahor (gor Heskey 78)

Great result, and we haven't been brilliant at the Hammers over the years.

We played well, not the best I've seen, and West Ham were poor, but we deserved the win.

Maybe, just maybe, we are turning a corner. I'm not sure I see radically improved football - still lots of balls thumped up to Bent - but getting a couple of wins on the trot is a big positive.

Half pissed, going out to get more pissed now!

Top Result, i can sleep better now for the next few weeks i think, and not worry about the result of the Pool game am flyong over for!! :D

Reo-Coker was poor imo, everyone else was grand! Bent a Legend!!

Up the Villa!!! :D

Dizzy heights of 9th!!

After all the crap and disappointment this season that result meant a lot. We absolutely schooled West Ham second half. So happy it was Gabby with the winner. He must start ahead of Heskey from now on.

:flag:

My first away game of the season. Absolutely ecstatic and I thought we played really well in the second half. I don't know how Bent's first goal didn't count but no matter as he went and scored again anyway. Nicely done by Gabby for the winner. Fantastic support as well.

Oh, and since when did Nathan Delfouneso get a job on West Ham's catering team? :lol:

A word of caution. We haven't suddenly become a good side over night.

Over the last three games we have been aided by playing weakened teams and therefore for once, lady luck has shone on our club.

The signing of Bent has also made the difference between Premiership football next season and the drop but we need to add more of his type of quality to our squad in the summer if we don't want a repeat performance of this season.

A word of caution. We haven't suddenly become a good side over night.

Over the last three games we have been aided by playing weakened teams and therefore for once, lady luck has shone on our club.

The signing of Bent has also made the difference between Premiership football next season and the drop but we need to add more of his type of quality to our squad in the summer if we don't want a repeat performance of this season.

Very much this. We need to rebuild the defence, starting with GK imo, and on today's performance, search high and low to find a replacement for Ashley Young (assuming he goes).

Heskey and Bent partnership never worked it seems? I never saw the game but interesting.. Was Bent's performance better with Heskey alongside him? (was it a great performance?)

Bent was fantastic. Heskey did nothing. Erm, except win the ball in their box which led to our equaliser after great work by the Young twins.

Not long back. After the first half hour or so we were superb and second half the best we have played as a team from back to front well probably since the last time we played West Ham.:D

Stand out performers Bent who gave a great example of how a forward should play and deserved another 2 or 3 goals. Petrov who never stopped and gave a real captains performances and kept geeing everyone up, Ash who was a constant menace and James Collins who was a rock at the back. In all fairness after the first half hour they all did well though. The only one you'd say was below par was Reo Coker.

Ash on the wing, two recognised strikers up top has made a big difference and special mention to Petrov back in the middle who has led by example and inspired those around him.

That has put us safe and it makes you wonder had we have played to our potential more often where we could have been this season. Most probably top 6.

Fans were again fantastic. We have deserved more performances like this.

Here's to five more wins and finishing in a more respectable and realistic position given the talent we have.

Search low. I'll give you a clue. His name is Albright......

Yeah, I was thinking the same. MA can definitely be as much of a threat, and as good if not better at crossing. Not to mention 5 X better at dead ball without even trying, ha ha.

Where I think MA falls short of Ashley Young is stamina, pace, and general play in the middle of the pitch.

AY was brilliant today. He made both goals (with a little help from Heskey and Luke on the first one). If we'd been that reliant on him the rest of this season I'd be a lot more worried about him going.

Easy man of the match for me in Bent because he really surprised me with some of his extras besides scoring.

Defense was shocking at times, right from the off I thought Dunne looked pissed up or something and the pair of them inside a couple of minutes looked knackered and out of breath.

Very pleased with the win and good to see us get 20 odd shots on goal away from home.

I think Gabby should have started and Houllier made right his mistake by bringing Gabby on and he scored the winner.

Amazing how playing wingers as wingers and playing 2 decent strikers up front suddenly makes us look a better team.

Best performances today:

Def: Collins, Young

Mid: Petrov, Young, Downing

Fwd: Bent

Below par: Dunne, Heskey, NRC (first half)

Overall, a huge 3 points against a depleted West Ham and great to win 2 games on the bounce.

Just got back in (:( )

Was stunned when we conceded that early. Im not going to another away game this year, every time I go we concede in the first 5 minutes (Utd, Citeh FA Cup and this). Was gutted. Great day out though.

Young was absent in the first half a real piss poor performance, never made a run, was always where L.Young should have been moving into didnt look at all interested. But **** hell, whatever was said to him at Half Time needs to be said at the start of every **** game. He was class second half, still had a bit of 'i'll take the lot' when he started taking corners, when I thought Downings were fine, but fair do's. His freekicks and shooting were miles better today. His shots were mostly on target for once! Great performance definite MOTM.

Walker was great coming forward but the entire Defence looked poor at the back, apart from Collins who has earned himself a place in the squad next year imo. Individual performances were fine at the back, but as a unit...very shaky.

Thought Hammers' goal was offside till I saw the replay, so i apologise to the Lino for the abuse I gave him.

A bit dissappointed with our fans in the Upper Left corner who kept booing hitzlsperger, when the rest of the fans were rightly applauding the guy. Other than that a great day, great result (which in the second half we fully deserved - tbh id have taken a draw as they deserved to be a few goals up at half time but we were great in the second half going forward)

P.S. Thanks Hev for the ticket!

Â