• Walker
    • Downing
    • A Young
    • Petrov
    • Reo-Coker
    • Heskey
    • Bent
    • Agbonlahor (gor Heskey 78)

Heskey and Bent partnership never worked it seems? I never saw the game but interesting.. Was Bent's performance better with Heskey alongside him? (was it a great performance?)

Bent was fantastic. Heskey did nothing. Erm, except win the ball in their box which led to our equaliser after great work by the Young twins.

Quite astonishing how so many don't see what Heskey does. A bit sad really. More for them than him.

did you see ash's celebration for gabbys goal. he was absolutely loving it

Not saying he won't leave, but he obviously **** loves this club.

Haven't seen many players show that passion for Villa.

What did he do? Everything after Gabby's goal is a bit of a blur. All I remember is looking up after about a minute of jumping around and seeing him and Gabby still celebrating in front of us.

...until he gets offered more money by another club.

Just got in from the game (and i only live 5 miles from the ground).

We bossed them today, if it wasnt for their goal in the 2nd minute i reckon we would have put 4 past them.

Bent was brilliant, should have been two goals

Young had a great game too as did downing

Walker was suspect that the back but great going forward. Some ppl may talk about his cross but the options wernt there for him some of the time.

Heskey was hot n cold. In 1st half Friedles kicks were shit he needed to put them on heskey to flick on which when happened did work but not put on hekey often enough. But 2nd half he was shit. That one header he did (which wasnt on MOTD) was shockingly shit. Im usually a Heskey fan but today he was crap.

Defence played well.

West ham were there for the taking and thankfully we took it!!!!

Nah they were definitely booing him, some of the lads in the lower left corner turned round and shouted at them for it. Atleast i think they were booing him, definitely sounded like it.

I think it was because he got a great reception for the first corner but did not acknowledge the fans (apart from a limp thumbs up). There were a few booing him after that. Collins applauded the West Ham fans before both halves so I doubt they would have minded.

Not long been back. THAT is why we follow Villa home and away. So many times we've been served absolute shite away from home this season - even in minus 8 degree temperatures - and you do sometimes wonder after the game why the hell you put yourself through it. Moments like today is why - and all the crap times made Gabby's 92nd minute winner all the more amazing. That easily rivalled the Blues away last minute winners for sheer pandemonium celebrations. **** class - and the support today was on a different planet - proud of our fans!

Downing man of the match for me. He's just been pure quality this season and again today, he just ran the show in the second half.

Others who were class include Ashley Young, Reo-Coker and Bent - as well as Walker going forward. Good ball, too, from Luke Young for Bent's goal.

And as for Gabby - he always comes up with the goods doesn't he? He's Villa through and through and he might be a thick bastard but I still love him!

WE ARE STAYING UP, SAY WE ARE STAYING UP! **** yessss!!!! Get in!

Great day out, despite their ground being a shithole.

Went for Bent motm, thought he was outstanding today; great header, wrongly had another disallowed and he was making brilliant little runs all afternoon, some lovely passes too.

Not surprised to see Ash leading the pollm second half he was fantastic... all we can ask for is 5 more performances like that before he inevitably leaves in the summer. Loved the passion in his celebration of Gabby's goal. Love Gabby too, had a difficult season but has still popped up with some important goals (today and at Wigan).

Thought Walker and Downing linked up really well today. Luke Young looked sound again, would extend his contract by a year if he will stay to play at LB.

Petrov was great I thought, as was NRC in the second half after a poor first 45. Downing was class yet again.

Fantastic support as ever, except for the booing of Hitzlsperger which I thought was unnecessary.

Oh, and since when did Nathan Delfouneso get a job on West Ham's catering team? :lol:

:lol:

Yeah, even when he plays shit I still like Gabby. Something about him - and I'll never forget the two last minute winners against Blues he scored.

The buzz when we scored was unreal - such a massive release from all the shit we've had to endure this season. Grown men jumping over rows of seats and just going **** mental - people punching the air, banging chairs, walls and railings and people randomly screaming "**** YESSS" on the way out of the ground - not to mention all the chanting and bouncing up and down. I absolutely love it, just love it - it's what football's all about! :D

C'mon son, the guy has paid his dues at Villa, as had Barry. Milner is the only one of the three that I actually feel bitter about, cause I felt he hadn't paid his. Barry **** us over in the manner, but Im not one for giving him stick. I loved the guy.

Anyway, Ash's celebration was pure ecstasy: Gabby was running off doing his celebration while Ash and a few others ran over to our fans and were just going insane.

C'mon son, the guy has paid his dues at Villa, as had Barry. Milner is the only one of the three that I actually feel bitter about, cause I felt he hadn't paid his. Barry **** us over in the manner, but Im not one for giving him stick. I loved the guy.

I sort of agree with you on the Young with Milner comparison but I don't think we should accept that Young can leave because he has given us good service. We should be looking to get 10 years service of Ash IMO.

We shouldn't accept Villa as a feeder club IMO.

I say we constantly chant at Young to sign a contract. :)

Probably won't work but it did for Laursen in the Tottenham game a few years ago 8)

Same goes for Walker.

And the game was brilliant. I was getting pissed off at the fact that we had thrown away 2 points by not converting chances again but then Gabby pops up with the goal.

The only thing that I was disappointed with was that Gabby didn't celebrate with the Villa fans.

Yeah, I know. I just think it will happen. Really want him to sign a new contract, but I think the lure of a 'bigger' club will mean that he'll leave. He deserves to be playing Champions League football, I can't see him getting it here.

Second half was the best 45 minutes of football we've had under Houllier.

pretty much this though i think Bolton away warranted the same 3 points

great second half , I think had it been 6-1 people would have said it was a fair result .. lets hope the players keep it up for the remaining games

If young is on his way in the summer I don't think anyone could ever fault his his desire for us , he was at times today as good as he's ever been for us

i

Nah they were definitely booing him, some of the lads in the lower left corner turned round and shouted at them for it. Atleast i think they were booing him, definitely sounded like it.

I think it was because he got a great reception for the first corner but did not acknowledge the fans (apart from a limp thumbs up). There were a few booing him after that. Collins applauded the West Ham fans before both halves so I doubt they would have minded.

I thought the boos was similar to the beckham one (At OT?) cheers him then booed him when he touched the ball.

Nice not to have your weekend spoilt by poor Villa result. Only managed to catch Radio 5 updates and MotD as we were driving to the South Coast but it looked like we bossed them which was good to see. WHU looked shite but how many times have we not put away sides like that? Shot count was good to see too.

I think we still need another 3-4 points to be safe but we should manage to get those before the last two games meaning that we are not relying on getting something at places like the Emirates

Â