• Downing
    • A Young
    • Petrov
    • Reo-Coker
    • Heskey
    • Bent
    • Agbonlahor (gor Heskey 78)

Wooohooo - what a finish!

Relieved and delighted we managed to win.

Thought Petrov had an excellent game and Downing, Young and Bent were always threatening.

Collins seemed like his old self, very assured. Reo-Coker was poor in the first half but looked better in the second but had the odd moment where he lost his focus with astray passes.

Really pleased with the way we played today and thank goodness we finally got what's coming to us. Lady Luck has been such a bitch to us this season and it was about time she learned her place & got back into the kitchen.

Young, Bent & Downing were all superb. Walker and Luke Young supported them brilliantly. Heskey was a walking disaster most of the match, although he must get credit for the tackle leading to our first.

Thought Reo-Coker was terrible in the first half but far better in the second.

Bent was a man possessed today and my MoTM, closely followed by Young and Petrov.

The 2nd half was one of the best performances I've seen from Villa for as long as I can remember - we hammered the shit out of them (pun intended) and deserved the win.

Nice one Gerard!

Loved it when the sunderland fans were given Bent abuse for joining us and Bent said

"People have asked why I swapped a top six club for one currently in the bottom four. But I believe Villa are in a false position, they have been sixth for the past three seasons."

My thoughts exactly!!

Blackpool in the relegation zone. Sunderland taken 4 points since Bent left. Villa in 9th place, just 8 points behind that mecca 6th place.

Thank you very **** much. :D

So many first's today

- Gabby is the first Villa sub to score in the league this season.

- It is the 1st time we have come from behind to win.

- It is the 1st win in the black away kit.

Also we will beat WBA because we have won all 3 away games this season against teams beginning with W. Wolves, Wigan and West Ham.

Only shame is we need 5th for Europe. Unless Blues get kicked out.

Friedel - 5 - Looked uncomfortable, doesn't give me any confidence from any sort of ariel delivery.

Walker - 6.5 - Looked nervous first half without really doing anything that bad. 2nd half though, he was back to his best, bombing forward but delivery at times was poor.

Dunne - 5.5 - to be honest, he was poor, thankfully West Ham did **** all second half.

Collins - 6.5 - thought he had a decent game but nothing special.

L.Young - 7.5 - solid, nothing wrong, good ball for Bent's goal.

Petrov - 7 - good first half, held it together with Reo-Coker off the boil, didn't really see him second half.

Reo-Coker - 6 - it was like jekyll and hyde. 4 for his first half, truely shocking. Then second half, he seemed to be everywhere and would give him a 8, so 6 overall.

Downing - 8 - Just a class player, consistently class, good delivery, good running with the ball, use both feet etc..

Young - 8 - a lot better today, real nuisance to opposition and did brilliant for goal.

Heskey - 5 - since Bent has arrived and that Sunderland red card, it seems he ain't the same player. I think he was thriving of being the main man at Villa but now, it's back to as we were, loss of confidence/form and a player who doesn't look fit to wear the shirt.

Bent - 8 - constant threat, great header and then another great header which wad disallowed. Missed a great chance for the lead but overall was excellent.

Absolutely delighted with this win. Vital three points and also well deserved! It's great seeing us back in the top half too. Before the game I would have taken a draw so to get the win is amazing! Stoke will be a tough game but if we can perform like we did in the 2nd half today then I have no doubt in my mind that he will take all three points off them. Up the Villa!!!

Â