Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

SellyOakVilla has been hinting heavily on twitter that Bent could be off. I wouldn't normally rely too much on twitter hearsay (and still don't) but he was the one guy who knew about Bent arriving before most other people.

SellyOakVilla has been hinting heavily on twitter that Bent could be off. I wouldn't normally rely too much on twitter hearsay (and still don't) but he was the one guy who knew about Bent arriving before most other people.
Shit. Selly knows his stuff.

What is Selly's twitter name?

I have been very much of the opinion that the club would not sell Bent but the rumours keep persisting which is worrying in itself. Were he to go its not so much about whether he works in our team at the moment but much more about what it says about us and our ambition.

Also were he to go there is no way McLeish would get to spend all the proceeds and frankly I would not trust him to spend that money wisely.

All in all very worrying times but I think his sale would be just about it for me. The second half of the season is going to be a battle against relegation anyway as we are seen, at home at least, as a really soft touch so we sell one of the Premier Leagues most prolific goalscorers. Wose still if Carroll is part of the deal as all we will do is nuture an up and coming talent just like we did with Kyle Walker.

What is Selly's twitter name?

@RichardPFranks :idea:

It is a tough one. Would anyone agree that the symbolism of selling Bent would be a lot more harmful that losing what he brings to the team?

I know we have always lost players, but the selling of Bent in my eyes really puts us back in the 'also-rans' (I know that is where we are in the league).

I am torn.

If we sell Bent that is it for the board for me. I'm sure I'm not the only one with this view either. I thought selling Downing was going too far, but selling Bent would be an absolute disaster. The only reason why he's not banging them in this season is because of our completely inept manager. If we sell Bent then we are signaling that we WILL sell EVERY decent player we will ever have under Lerner.

It is a tough one. Would anyone agree that the symbolism of selling Bent would be a lot more harmful that losing what he brings to the team?

I know we have always lost players, but the selling of Bent in my eyes really puts us back in the 'also-rans' (I know that is where we are in the league).

I am torn.

I liked Imbruglia's version better.

Why is he called Eck anyway? What a shit word.
Eck is short for Alex.

It's no more a "shit" word than, say, "Bill" is as a short version of William.

I've never seen a nickname like "Eck" before.

I can't see someone going "Alright Eck, how ya doin'?" It just sounds weird.

Â