Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

My brother works in o2 in Sutton and has served him a few times and said he said he comes across as a top man.

Hope he plays Sunday. His goals in 2010-11 and at the start of 2011-12 are as big a reason as we're in the Premier League as Benteke's this season. Kept us in the league and he will be forever remembered by me for that. Hopefully he gets to play regularly and score goals, wherever that may be.

Really is a massive shame. We cried out for a striker like Bent for years and year and years and we finally get him and he scores goals for us, then as soon as we look to be fixing our problems Young and Downing left and we struggled to really create much for him after that.

Its strange that we have 5 very good forwards in Bent, Benteke, Gabby, AW and on his day, Nzogbia, yet we cant play them all together.

Signing Benteke was very good by Lambert but at the start of the seasn I would say the one area we didn't need to work on was the attack, we had our front man in Bent what we needed to fix was the midfield, as that has shown at times this season.

dont agree with you last point. Given that lambert wasn't going to play a system that suited bent as this was too exclusive and relied on just one tactic, it was actually imperative that we did get a striker to better compliment the way in which lambert was going to set the team up to play otherwise we wouldn't have goals in the side and would definitely have been relegated.

You may come back and say that lambert should therefore have set the team up to suit bent. But that actually demonstrates why he wasn't going to do that as it is far too prescriptive and exclusive to bent. The way. He has set the team up to play is far better IMO as it brings other players into the mix and is not overly reliant on just bent.

And , by the way, I am a bent fan.

Bent has handled this season's personal disappointment with class, IMO. A lot of players in his position would have pissed and moaned and been a total pain in the ass all season long, but he hasn't. Top pro who I hope lands with a club I don't dislike, like Everton or Fulham.

• Like 1

Don't think there is any danger of him being booed. Don't know why he would be , he hasn't slagged the club off. Sometimes a manager just doesn't fancy a player or he doesn't fit in . That's the risk and so it has been here. Good luck to him, we'll both be better off for him leaving.

So an emotional return to the DW for DB9 (he was stretchered off here last year)

Possibly a farewell game for him?

Unless lambert delivers a final kick in the balls and plays Bowery

Wouldn't be surprised if Lambert gives Bowery a game in his proper position instead of Bent. He's more in the mould of Benteke than Bent is (style-wise, not ability-wise obviously), and it'd be good to give him a chance in his rightful position in a no pressure game.

Fair play to Bent though for not being a stroppy git. Best for all parties if he leaves, and hopefully no hard feelings.

Always came across as a decent enough guy and always seems happy enough in training pictures.Benteke came in and has been a revaluation as well as Weimann who his more adaptable than Bent in playing as a wide striker.

Expect him to go to Fulham or maybe a promoted side as a marquee signing.

Nice to see him get some game time against Wigan and wish him all the best in the future

He hasn't really gotten a chance this season. He started the season as our striker but then he was dropped for some reason I don't remember. I really like Bent. As mentioned above, he is a really nice guy. 

i will never forget him. Scored the goal in my first (and likely last) Aston Villa game at Villa Park against West Brom. Would of been shit travelling all that way to lose. Thanks DB9.

Bent is ready to have talks with manager Paul Lambert next week. The striker insists he will not submit a transfer request but is not prepared to face another 12 months of life on the bench.

Obviously not THAT bothered or he would give up his money and leave to play football, money still more important to footballer shocker.

Bent is ready to have talks with manager Paul Lambert next week. The striker insists he will not submit a transfer request but is not prepared to face another 12 months of life on the bench.

Obviously not THAT bothered or he would give up his money and leave to play football, money still more important to footballer shocker.

He is not a starter, he barely plays, he is on high wages, he is 29. I think he is doing the right thing.

He is not a starter, he barely plays, he is on high wages, he is 29. I think he is doing the right thing.

200.gif

Not that bothered about playing though, as he would hand in a transfer request and forego the bucks. He's either actually bothered about playing or actually bothered about money.

Â