Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

How many 5M pkus players does Lambert have in the team right now?  If he rated him that highly  (and had a say over what fee the club could accept or not) he would have been in the team.

The difference here is that he inherited him and his team generally play with one striker - Benteke.

So if a manager doesn't rate you how are you supposed to perform? Not going to exactly boost your confidence is it?

Honestly? I mean really?!

No one has offered us a single penny for Darren Bent.

Because every single other manager/chairman knows he won't drop his wages from 60k a week (£12 million pounds over the whole 4 years), to go and play for a team on £30k a week.

Also, WHY WOULD THE MANAGER KEEP PLAYING A PLAYER WHO HAS ONLY SCORED ABOUT 3 GOALS?!

this forum would meltdown if he did that.  I strongly suggest you have a look at the deal, know that we vastly overpaid for his services because of the position we were in.  Lambert then came in, PLAYED HIM, HE DID NOTHING, so dropped him for a better player/system (Even though that player/system still may not be good enough for you or others). 

If you cannot see that, then honestly mate, you need your head looking at, it's absolutely completely dumbfounded me how you cannot see any of the salient facts.

Do you expect Lambert to keep playing him on the off chance some team will say, "we'll buy that striker from you who's slow, overweight, cannot score etc, and do you know what? We'll give him 60k a week too!!!" - IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

relax Lap, relax, it's all gonna be ok.

• Like 2

The difference here is that he inherited him and his team generally play with one striker - Benteke.

So if a manager doesn't rate you how are you supposed to perform? Not going to exactly boost your confidence is it?

Because every single other manager/chairman knows he won't drop his wages from 60k a week (£12 million pounds over the whole 4 years), to go and play for a team on £30k a week.

Also, WHY WOULD THE MANAGER KEEP PLAYING A PLAYER WHO HAS ONLY SCORED ABOUT 3 GOALS?!

this forum would meltdown if he did that.  I strongly suggest you have a look at the deal, know that we vastly overpaid for his services because of the position we were in.  Lambert then came in, PLAYED HIM, HE DID NOTHING, so dropped him for a better player/system (Even though that player/system still may not be good enough for you or others). 

If you cannot see that, then honestly mate, you need your head looking at, it's absolutely completely dumbfounded me how you cannot see any of the salient facts.

Do you expect Lambert to keep playing him on the off chance some team will say, "we'll buy that striker from you who's slow, overweight, cannot score etc, and do you know what? We'll give him 60k a week too!!!" - IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

Should never have been dropped into the bomb squad on 60k a week. Surely a quality (???) manager like Lambert could have got something out of him. An before you say bomb squad wan't Lamberts doing, Surely he could have justified keeping such a expensive player an striker in the squad!!!

• Like 1

Prove it.

Perhaps it could be that before Lambert turned up his goals per game ratio was almost a goal every other game!

It don't matter what anyone valued him at whether it be £10,000,000 pound or £2!

He just does not want to know. It is just a very expensive lesson lost.

I am sure Bolton or someone will take him on a free in the summer. That is about his level now.

• Like 1

Only 1 person to blame here, and that is Darren Bent. The guy is finished as a top level player, I would be very surprised if he gets a decent club come in for him in the summer. His chance to prove Lambert wrong was last season at Fulham, and he messed that chance up.

• Like 1

Prove it.

You "prove it"..

Troll.

Prove it.

Where's your proof that anyone has?

Bent was given a chance under Lambert, was dropped and then got injured when he got back in the team. He came back was played and got injured again. I'm not sure what Lambert did wrong in that first season.

Last season he was sent on loan to Fulham and didn't exactly impress under Jol, Meulensteen or Magath. How is that Lamberts fault?

I think he is finished at Villa after last nights cameo.

Told you.

Gone to Brighton on a month loan, I'm told the lack of effort when he came on on Monday night wasn't missed by Lambert and he got told so in the dressing room after the game.

Seems Lambert wasn't slow to take action.

I'm sure some will view this as another thing to blame Lambert for but personally I think Bent is the one to blame for his decline.

• Like 4

Prove it.

Bent was given a chance under Lambert, was dropped and then got injured when he got back in the team. He came back was played and got injured again. I'm not sure what Lambert did wrong in that first season.

Last season he was sent on loan to Fulham and didn't exactly impress under Jol, Meulensteen or Magath. How is that Lamberts fault?

I don't recall saying it was Lambert's fault how he got on at Fulham but to be fair which Fulham players did do well?

Should never have been dropped into the bomb squad on 60k a week. Surely a quality (???) manager like Lambert could have got something out of him. An before you say bomb squad wan't Lamberts doing, Surely he could have justified keeping such a expensive player an striker in the squad!!!

It's my opinion that the Bomb squad was created and used to make these expensive players, who offer nothing (has beens etc) to get them to say "do you know what? I'm better than playing with children, I'll take a wage cut and make the most of my very time limited career" - instead we got "I'm not leaving because no club is stupid to give me the wages I'm currently on, so I'll just play with the kids and earn my money by doing rock all, irrespective of my time limited career - I just love the money!". 

Also, Lambert tried to get "something" out of him, he made him club captain when he arrived and started him every game, which eventually led him (and ALL THE FUNKING FANS) to think he deserved dropping.

If you cannot remember 2 1/2 years ago, then there's absolutely no point talking to you.  Which is probably why these thread are just rehashes of the last page for the last 1000 pages.

I'm wasting my own time, that's what's pissing me off.  I'm actually getting trolled :crylaugh:

Prove it.

I don't recall saying it was Lambert's fault how he got on at Fulham but to be fair which Fulham players did do well?

You don't think his season at Fulham has affected his re-sale value? Why are teams going to sign a player who is obviously regressing in quality and is reportedly on 60k a week.

Lambert can only sell a player if other clubs are willing to buy him. Bent had a whole season, away from Lambert, to show the footballing world what a valuable player he is and failed to do that.

Lambert gave Bent a chance at Villa in his first season, he gave Bent a chance at Fulham in his second season, and Bent has looked unfit and uninterested in his appearances so far this season.

What exactly is Lambert to have done differently.

Â