Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

I'm just going to put this out there. Not everyone is going to agree with me and I know it's a fairly controversial opinion to have. But I think there's a case for arguing that Darren Bent might even be better than sliced bread. I'm just saying is all. Don't shoot me.

That first goal yesterday was just absolutely outstanding, i usually hate people saying stuff like this but imagine rooney or messi scoring that goal people would be going mental. Never saw him score anything like that at sunderland i think hes been improving under the better service we offer.

36 - Without Darren Bent's goals this season Aston Villa would be second bottom with 36 points, three points from safety. Bargain.

9 points all down to Darren Bent then. Now, if we can get us 5 or 6 players in the summer who can singlehandedly earn us 9 points a season we'll be champions.

More of the same Mr Lerner.

Since we signed him in Jan we've averged 1.53 points per game. That over a season is 58 points and would have us up there with Spuds and Pool. I think we can call this season a shit 'half season'. Since Jan we've done ok

36 - Without Darren Bent's goals this season Aston Villa would be second bottom with 36 points, three points from safety. Bargain.
While this is probably true, it's a little specious given that whoever was in his place might have scored some goals along the way too.

I'm just going to put this out there. Not everyone is going to agree with me and I know it's a fairly controversial opinion to have. But I think there's a case for arguing that Darren Bent might even be better than sliced bread. I'm just saying is all. Don't shoot me.

I am happy to agree, a tough one and I was sat for a while thinking it over, but I am definitely happy to agree with you on this! :D

Opta Sports posted the stat i just put it on here. Dont shoot the messenger. However I think we would be relegated without Darren even if we could have played both Heskey and Gabby in his place.

I will take you to task over this as I am a big fan of Waitrose's Sliced Wholemeal varieties. Outside of this though, I think you are right.

While this is probably true, it's a little specious given that whoever was in his place might have scored some goals along the way too.

BUT, if we didn't have Bent upfront we might have played Heskey who is actually worse than not playing anybody at all. Its a win/win :D

Since we signed him in Jan we've averged 1.53 points per game. That over a season is 58 points and would have us up there with Spuds and Pool. I think we can call this season a shit 'half season'. Since Jan we've done ok

That's a very interesting, and dare I say it - overlooked point.

tezzaleed wrote:

I can't believe this. Please say this is a joke. !8m for Bent that's ludicrous he is abysmal. I don't think I've ever whatched a game he's played in when I haven't heard the phrase. oh dear Bent probably should have done better there at least 2 or 3 times.

He is a joke for that price. this is a disgrace and if it goes through that's it as far as I'm concerned for Houlier. He'll have blown our entire budget on a waste of space. Please Randy think very caraefully about this. he is not worth blowing that much cash. try the likes of Elmander or Jones. jees anything but this.

Anyone who rates this guy at that price should be locked up.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

tezzaleed wrote:

I can't believe this. Please say this is a joke. !8m for Bent that's ludicrous he is abysmal. I don't think I've ever whatched a game he's played in when I haven't heard the phrase. oh dear Bent probably should have done better there at least 2 or 3 times.

He is a joke for that price. this is a disgrace and if it goes through that's it as far as I'm concerned for Houlier. He'll have blown our entire budget on a waste of space. Please Randy think very caraefully about this. he is not worth blowing that much cash. try the likes of Elmander or Jones. jees anything but this.

Anyone who rates this guy at that price should be locked up.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

This wasn't an uncommon opinion a few months back. I'm sure they've seen the light now.

Â