Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Alienated? Thatsthepoint.jpg.

Lambert doesn't want you to be part of the squad, he wants all of you to leave. Clearly wages aren't the issue, value is the issue. Gabby and Delph are on big pre-Lambert contracts but they provide value for money.

The whole bomb squad strategy is a result of the circumstances the club has found itself in.

With the exception of Hutton they have all had a chance under Lambert and for whatever reason (ability, attitude or wage) didn’t do enough to justify a place in his first team squad.

I can understand Bent's complaint but he has been allowed to move on loan at a fraction of the cost we paid for him per season so he should appreciate that the club have taken a huge hit in allowing him to find first team football elsewhere. He should also note that getting paid his wage to train with the youth team is not the most “horrible” thing to happen anyone!

Darren has burnt his bridges. Make no mistake, he's equally to blame for his isolation. The poor performances, the bad finishing and attitude. No sympathy for moaning to the press.You aren't the superstar you think you are. You simply got replaced by a better player. Lambert gave you plenty of chances and you repaid him in poor performances. Yes, Lambert is far from perfect (giving him the captaincy) but Bent playing the victim here is a little pathetic, especially as he's only on loan. 

Darren can get Bent as far as I'm concerned

What could Lambert have done exactly he was not exactly going to drop Benteke the form he was in was he?

We were playing a 1 striker system he gave him his chances to play alongside Benteke but it just did not work

I did not hear a single press report all season in regards to Bent pushing for a first team place or setting BMH on fire in terms of training

His goals may have kept us up that one season but he was well paid for it and we owe him nothing

Edited by AshVilla

Ultimately, the problem I have with the quotes is that there's no introspection, he's missed the important question.

Are the bomb squad being treated unfairly? Yes - if all other things are equal - the thing is that all other things aren't equal - Darren should be asking himself why he's in the bomb squad. For me it's three things, his performances, his attitude and his wage - and only one of those isn't his fault. 

In my opinion, we paid too much for him, we paid him too much, he lost interest pretty quickly and he's just not that good.

Disagree on two point there OBE.

I'm not sure that it was Bent who lost interest. Bent has always stated he wanted to play hence his loan to Fulham rather than just earning very nice wages doing nothing with us. It might have been the manager losing interest in the player for something that has gone on behind closed doors at the club which would explain Bent being stripped of the captaincy and Bowery preferred on the bench.

I'm also not so sure that Bent's 'not that good.' He really hasn't been given the chance to prove otherwise with his situation at our club. It is in my very humble opinion that when he gets his match fitness back he will start knocking them in again on a regular basis at fulham and Jol will get the best out of him.

You could be right of course and he could end up back at our club again at the end of this season due to being 'not that good' but its going to be interesting to see what his performance levels are like at Fulham?

You obviously missed the first 3 games then, when he was atrocious. Which will then be deemed that he didn't have the service. Against Wigan bar the goal he did nothing, couldn't hold the ball up, couldn't win a header, link up play was non-existent. I have nothing personal against Darren Bent, just think the money he was on can be used better elsewhere.

We could probably go around on circles on this as there is too much of a divide concerning our opinions on Bent. I'd rather wait to see how he performs for a manager who actually wants him in the team and then decide on all of the above points.  

Manager doesn't want a player, manager puts him in the reserves, boo-****-hoo.

I read the secret footballer book and he said how a manager will always go into a club and know who he wants - but will test players, big players - to see how they react, if it is badly he will make sure other players in the squad know who is in charge - so nobody else will think he is the big I am - and it helps keep the players under control.

• Like 3

I'm not interested how he performs for Fulham it is irrelevant, what matters is how he performed here and for a variety of reasons it hasn't been very well the last two seasons.

As for a manager who wants him, Bent was made captain by Lambert which suggests at one stage he did want him to be part of things.

The captaincy thing is tellin gI think. To be made captain, be the star player and the big wage earner I reckon means that Lambert asked him to earn his corn and fill those roles. Something obviously happened pretty quickly to convince Lambert that Bent wasn't going to be that man.

Once that was established then the wages become the biggest issue if you have Benteke playing out of his skin in a system unsuited to DB.

Those of you who have Twitter might like to check the tweet (apparently) from Gabby that runs:

"Every club ur at u say ur treated badly I wonder wat u do that u don't
tell everyone

Maybe just don't come back! Villa = family club

I never said anyone's name anyway but I didn't like him either "

Genuine?

Those of you who have Twitter might like to check the tweet (apparently) from Gabby that runs:

tell everyone

Genuine?

As I said, we've only seen one side of this one and only heard from one side.

Judging by what Gabby is seemingly saying there is another side to it.

So no I don't think Lambert has done anything wrong, handled anything badly or treated Bent unfairly in any way and I see nothing in those quotes from Bent to make me question that view.

I think Lambert has made a boo boo if there's not been any communication with the player, and the others in the bomb squad, which seems to be the case. It's a bit crappy to just stop involving someone without chatting to them about it

So no I don't think Lambert has done anything wrong, handled anything badly or treated Bent unfairly in any way and I see nothing in those quotes from Bent to make me question that view.

I think Lambert has made a boo boo if there's not been any communication with the player, and the others in the bomb squad, which seems to be the case. It's a bit crappy to just stop involving someone without chatting to them about it

According to Hutton they were all sat down individually and told that the club wanted to move in a different direction.

According to Hutton they were all sat down individually and told that the club wanted to move in a different direction.

Well that's fine then

tell everyone

Genuine?

Id love to believe it is genuine I really would....but it can't be. 

Its far to honest and funny to be real. Particularly when his persona in front of a TV camera is that of a startled goldfish. 

tell everyone

Genuine?

Id love to believe it is genuine I really would....but it can't be. 

Its far to honest and funny to be real. Particularly when his persona in front of a TV camera is that of a startled goldfish. 

TBF Gabby Is a very funny guy in person.  

I said this on Villatalk about a year ago and got laughed off because that's what some people on here are like. I will repeat it nonetheless. My mate a uni did work experience at the hospital department where Lowton's mum works and knowing I was a Villa fan my mate started to probe her on why we were having issues. She added some other stuff, but what has stuck with me is the fact she said Bent was basically a dick, and a disruptive one at that.

I'm not surprised PL left him out, we will never know why he left him out. But tbh I'd rather concentrate on moving forward now and not worry about that nobhaed.

• Like 2

Â