Darren Bent

juanpabloangel18

Palace make bold bid for Villa outcast Bent

Sportsmail's Simon Jones reports: 'Crystal Palace are trying to tempt Aston Villa into agreeing a loan deal for Darren Bent which would include a £2m bonus should they stay up at the end of the season.'

I think Villa could take a couple of weeks wages of bent and bet on palace staying up in paddy power and would make a good bit more than 2 mill the odds would be that high.

Def no deal

• Like 1

I'd give him away for free to anyone willing to pick up the remainder of his contract. That goes, almost without saying, for the rest of the bomb squad as well.

Transfer fees aren't too important compared with increased flexibility on wages.

• Like 1

I'd close the transfer door and get him back in the squad

I just don't understand why, when Darren's contribution isn't worth half of what we're actually paying him?

• Like 3

I'd give him away for free to anyone willing to pick up the remainder of his contract. That goes, almost without saying, for the rest of the bomb squad as well.

Transfer fees aren't too important compared with increased flexibility on wages.

Perhaps we could look into seeing if he's a client of BioGenesis and look into voiding the contract if he is?

;)

Perhaps we could look into seeing if he's a client of BioGenesis and look into voiding the contract if he is?

;)

I certainly wouldn't mind Levi ;)

I think we should be looking for whatever transfer fee we can get too, you have to remember that even a £3.3m fee for Bent (equivalent to one year's wages) would probably pay the wages of 3 new players for a year - without even mentioning the £6.6m we'd save over not having to pay Bent for the remaining 2 years of his contract

• Like 1

I'd close the transfer door and get him back in the squad

I just don't understand why, when Darren's contribution isn't worth half of what we're actually paying him?

Pretty difficult to contribute anything when either he's not played or when he is played he's in a system that doesn't suit him.

Does anyone think that Bent will be re-integrated into the squad if he has not been sold by the end of the transfer deadline or will Lambert keep him training him on his own?

he wont. he has had no pre-season and would be useless to us. plus he will have Ireland to train with :)

If he's still here when the window closes, then I think he (and the others) can be reintegrated into the squad - but I think we have to recognise that Bent is 4th choice up front at best and that that's where he should be right now - similarly the Ireland we've seen last season shouldn't play ahead of Delph, Sylla, Westwood, KEA or Bacuna in midfield. Re-integration might be possible, but it doesn't really strengthen us. Perhaps we can just send them off on a long holiday?

Â