Fernando Torres

maqroll

Its nothing to do with form and everything to do with fitness, Torres has been ruined by injuries and being asked to play through them and quite simply by playing too much football.

While I expect him to improve on his current form I think his best days are firmly behind him.

Its nothing to do with form and everything to do with fitness, Torres has been ruined by injuries and being asked to play through them and quite simply by playing too much football.

think Rafa Benitez should take a lot of this blame as he made such a balls of Liverpool that they only ever had Torres or Gerrard who could win games and needed both fit any means necessary

• 3 years later...

He's approaching 700 career games at first team level.  Andres Iniesta is a few weeks younger and also on about 700.  Wayne Rooney is eighteen months younger and on about 650.  Arjen Robben is a couple of months older than Torres and is on about 550, but he has had a lot of injury problems in the past. 

I actually think he'll do o.k at Atletico.

Back home with fan adolation he hasn't had since Liverpool, think Simeone will give him a lot of confidence, he'll rotate with Mandzukic and they're a pretty good team anyway.

That injury he got in the world cup final seemed to make him lose half a yard of pace as it's easy to forget what explosive side he used to have, think of all the maulings he used to give Vidic.

So Chelsea will release him on a free, he'll sign for Milan and then a couple of days later sign for Madrid on loan?

I do t understand the middle man bit of it

If Chelsea are releasing him or even selling him to Milan for £1-2m then why is he signing for Milan rather than just straight to atletico?

Torres is going to Atletico on loan, in return for Cerci going the other way (Milan must be laughing with that deal). I imagine Milan signing Torres first is just them playing it a bit safe in the hope that if it doesn't work out they either 1) still have Torres coming back should the deal be cancelled, rather than having neither or 2) they think they could potentially get a little cash for Torres at some point. Milan are really cheap, they sign someone on a free if it meant they could make a tenner at some point.

So Chelsea will release him on a free, he'll sign for Milan and then a couple of days later sign for Madrid on loan?

I do t understand the middle man bit of it

If Chelsea are releasing him or even selling him to Milan for £1-2m then why is he signing for Milan rather than just straight to atletico?

I think it is because Atletico can't afford all of Torres' wages. Milan are still covering some of his Chelsea wages as he is essentially contracted to them for another 18 months as part of the loan deal.

Torres isn't going to want to lose out on any of the £175k a week he is owed by Chelsea, Milan agreed to pay a significant amount of this for two years then realised he was rubbish, so now Atletico are paying the significant amount and I'm presuming Milan cover what Chelsea were covering. Chelsea end up owing nothing, Milan end up paying less for the next 18 months, and Torres still gets all his wages and to play for Atletico.

As was said earlier, Torres at his peak was exceptional for Liverpool. It is like he lost it overnight. 

Edited by Xela

Â